Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Whats lambda Sensor real do

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2003, 07:42 AM
Shropshire-Guy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Have just put Full decat Mongoose system on legacy Turbo. The sound is awesome. Torque has gone a bit from bottom end rev range but once at 3000 rpm Wowwww. Any Question

1, It hunts when idling slightly.

2, It seems i have condensation in exhaust pipe as its Wet when i start it up from cold. ( Is this common with decat and stainless system )

3, Im running standard Air filter etc. Engine bog standard except for Exhaust.

4, Never uses Oil or water.

Im wondering if it could be something to do with lambda sensor. any help would be gratfully axcepted or am i just getting paranoyed . Besides the above problem the cars run butifull as Bernard Mathews would say.

Thanks .

Steve
Old 22 January 2003, 09:58 AM
scoobyslut
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont think it is anything to do with Lambda sensor. Simply, when anything gets hot,especially as the climate is at the moment, as it cools down, the cooler air is drawn to it, thus causing it to condensate within the pipe. Similar thing happens to the window in your car, thats why there is always condensation on the inside as well as the outside every morning.You will find all engine create a white cloud first thing, be they catted or not, so no worries, so long as it drives ok and the water vapour cloud does not continue even after the engine has warmed up [which then points towards engine leak problems], keep on truckin'. .....