Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

CAN ANY ONE TELL ME THE FIRST SYMTOMS?
Old 05 January 2003, 11:48 PM
S,M,G
Scooby Regular

Over heating, presurised header tank, loss of coolant, miss firing possibly running rough and on three cyl when started, oil in the cooling system, coolant in the oil. The header tank will be under presure under normal conditions, but you will know if its getting presurised through gasket failure.Make sure that you use some rag over the cap when removing or you may get burnt!!!. Be sure not to run low on coolant as this if to low will stop the fans from coming in and mega damage can ocour. If gauge goes up or is very low put your heaters on if only cold air blows you have a problem and dont drive the car any further. These symtoms can ocour with other faults. Get down to your local garage asap and get them to do a leakage test, unfortuatly these cold condition cause many a head gasket to fail.
Hope this is of some help.
Steve.
Old 07 January 2003, 10:38 PM
bigb
Scooby Newbie

THANKS STEVE,MY PROBLEM STARTED LAST THURSDAY WHILE DRIVING HOME FROM WORK I NOTICED MY CAR WAS BLOWING COLD WHEN STOPED AT LIGHTS I WENT TO THE NEAREST PETROL STATION TOPED UP WHICH TOOK 1.5 LITRE OF COOLANT.ON THE WAY HOME THE CAR SEEMED OK SINCE THEN THE CAR HAS USED LESS THAN 0.20 LITRE ITS BOOKED IN FOR A LOOK AT MY LOCAL SUBARU DEALER FOR FRIDAY.A FRIEND WHO IS A MECHCANIC LOOKED AT IT ON SATURDAY COULD NOT FIND ANY LEAKS AND THE CAR DOES NOT HAVE ANY OF THE CLASIC SIGNS OF GASKET PROBLEMS.FINGERS CROSSED.