Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Cabin noise with Nur Spec r fitted

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2002, 02:44 AM
Vanker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have recently had fitted a Blitz Nur Spec R system to my MY02 WRX & since fitmant I have noticed an increase in cabin noise, which is fine, but I have now also got lots of audable vibration around the centre console & dashboard. Has anyone experienced this with their cars & if so have you resolved the vibration as it is really annoying , I should state it is mainly noticable when accelerating.

cheers
Old 29 November 2002, 02:59 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Dunno. Have just the Nurspec Backbox fitted to my MY00 Turbo and I must say I dont even find it that loud anymore (been on about a month or so). Only If I have the windows wound down or someone in the back who says "holy cow that makes some noise" do I remember how loud it is.

Only vibration I notice as the driver is on the rear view mirror - makes things look a bit blurry but not a biggy.

Simon.
Old 29 November 2002, 09:15 AM
e-volve
Scooby Regular

I run a HKS Hyper and i also get little squeeks now and again, i just spent the weekend with a spanner and a file, made a few adjustments to the plastics...its all nice now

j
Old 30 November 2002, 12:13 AM
Vanker
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys my noises are quite major I think the exhaust is hitting the natural resonnance of the dash/centre console & door panels. The system is back box centre section & extension pipe as the car is MY02 the system is really designed for JDM cars. The think the route of the problem could stem from the extension pipe as it was`nt made by Blitz. I think I need to get under the car & have a look around.

Cheers
Old 30 November 2002, 04:20 PM
ricco
Scooby Regular

Red face

I noticeed the same on MY97 It's just the whole centre dash seems to sort of rattle and vibrate around about the 2k - 3k rpm mark...

It doesn't seem to do it all the time though, and now i come to think of it, i haven't really noticed it much at all lately...
Old 30 November 2002, 04:58 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Put dynamat/noisekiller in everywhere around the rattly bits of console, and wedge bluetak into all the panel gaps you can't see and around any trim clips. Standard ICE tactic for stopping doors/trims rattling in time to the bass.

You could also put some extra carpet underlay or soundproofing under the carpet near the console to reduce noise and vibrations, but I guess deadening noise defeats the point of the Blitz?
Old 30 November 2002, 05:00 PM
Rice Rocket..
Scooby Regular

Had the Nur Spec sytem on my MY01 for about 5 months and never heard any rattles, only complaint is that it sits to far under the back bumper.

If u get the car decatted it will be even louder, I dont bother with the bung anmore (what a rebel eh!!!)

Ricey

Trending Topics

Old 30 November 2002, 05:06 PM
ricco
Scooby Regular

Wink

hehehe.. Had the bung in mine for about 5 minutes then it was thrown away You don't buy a Blitz for stealth do you?
Old 30 November 2002, 11:18 PM
WUZ
Scooby Senior

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
The other half still insists on me putting the bung before I go offshore as she hates the attention the Blitz gives the car (YEAH RIGHT!)

Russell