Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

PRO DRIVED ?

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2002, 04:02 PM
NICEBLOKE35
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RECENTLY HAD MY 99 5DOOR IMPREZA TURBO PRODRIVED. NEW ECU FITTED, EXHAUST AND QUICK SHIFT, HOWEVER ALTHOUGH IT GOES LIKE STINK, IT IS IDLING LOW 200 TO 800 WHEN WARMED UP. THIS LEADS TO THE ODD STALL WHEN AT STAND STILL, HAVE BEEN BACK TO SUBARU WHO RESET THE ECU AND CLEANED THE IDLE SOLENOID.STILL STALLING WHEN AT LIGHTS ETC(STOOD STILL) SUABRU SAY GIVE IT A COUPLE OF WEEKS TO SETTLE. ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED !!! CHEERS PAUL
Old 02 November 2002, 04:11 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
m8, there's no need to shout. Turn your CAPS LOCK off.

Just swapping the ECU and zorts shouldn't coz idling problems on it's own. Common problems would be the O2 sensor (in the downpipe) and the MAF sensor (in the air filter housing).

Did they change the air filter? I don't think this is part of the newer PPP.

Get them to check the MAF and 02 sensors on the Subaru Select Monitor. You don't want to be driving the car around with a dodgy MAF.

Stefan
Old 02 November 2002, 09:24 PM
NICEBLOKE35
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry bout the capitals, i was shouting cos im pissed at this turn of events, do you think that taking off the pipercross induction kit and replacing it with the original subaru filter(which ahd been sitting in a garage for a year ..in a box of course) could have out to do with it, when i took it back to me subaru dealer they put the diagnostic back on the new ecu and said it was all reading fine. they reset it anyway, then took of the idle solenoid and said it was all caked up, so they cleaned that up, it drives ok for a couple of miles then starts to idle low when stopped. If it is the MFA what will ahppen if i continue to drive for another couple of weeks as per subaru's advice ? also what will happen if i just replace the pipercross back on PLEESE help ??!!
Old 03 November 2002, 03:37 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Sounds like your MAF
id take it to the garage and get them to look at it, the sensor itself costs about 70 quid, the whole unit is somewhat more expensive so dont pay for the lot! The induction kit isnt recommended for any MY99 and above BTW (Mike Wood from Prodrive has posted in another forum why).

Tony