Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

HKS Hiper exhaust on WRX?

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2002, 12:24 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
I want to fit a HKS Hiper exhaust to my 94 WRX. Does anyone know what front section I can use? I'm up for bining the cat's!.

Or what about a turbo back Magnex but with a Jap backbox as Magnex seem quite cheap. What gives the best power? Does anyone have power figures for a Magnex? In my experience with other cars Magnex always seem quiet (not good).
Old 08 September 2002, 02:17 PM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I've got a HKS Hiper mounted to a Scoobysport downpipe on mine.
Its LOUD

I had a Magnex system on my VR6 a few years back,that was very quite, infact tickover was nearly as quite as the original system I took off

The HKS systems are popular amoungst bigger BHP cars due to their free flowing less bend system design, thats why the Hiper comes out at an angle at the back box. Oh, also the Hiper comes as a mid and back for this reason, you can't run a stock mid with it, won't fit.

Hope this helps

John
Old 08 September 2002, 02:25 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I run a hks hiper... they are good for 500+ bhp apparently there is a slight restriction in the back box... but removal of some spot welds and pulling hard sorts this... Havent looked yet as I have 300bhp more to find....

David
Old 08 September 2002, 09:37 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
Thumbs up

Cheers for the reply guys!

Scooby sport downpipe sounds good as you say it's loud John!

Anyone had experience of Kaaz differentials? I have these fitted to my car (bought car last week) grips like a pisshead to a can of tennants super but well noisey at low speed! Is this normal? Found co. in USA who make em and they're sending drawings to help me adjust them so they don't lock as much.

Anyone know how easy it is to work on the front diff? What diff oil is reccomended? This is my first impreza so I'd be grateful of the help.

James