Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Help please! Strange noise!

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2002, 11:30 PM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

My problem starts before two months with a slight "crunchy" noise from the front-right side of my car, hearable only when turn to the left and increased when the throttle is pressed (stressed front right side), think it was diff related.
After few visits to the main Subaru service here in Thessaloniki the mechanic changed the front wheel bearing as it was very worn and flushed - I don't know why - and he told me that is the first time he had such problem, they always had rear wheel bearings problems and usually with Foresters, rarely with Imprezas.
After that I drove my car one-two miles and guess... unfortunately the noise is back again.
Now it's more sharp and more intense, and seems with the noise from two rubbing cogwheels without grease between them.
My guess is a worn driveshaft - also very rare in Imprezas - but the service I prefer is closed for one week holidays so must wait until 19 August.
My car is Impreza MY00/PPP/Euro spec with handling mod only the Prodrive prof suspension and anti lift kit which I suppose is a strain for the suspension components due to increased castor and my 48ET 17" OZ SuperT.
Any help in my problem is really appreciated.
Thanks in advance
JIM
Old 10 August 2002, 04:59 PM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

NO ONE CAN HELP ME?