Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

DCCD Limp Mode - does it default to fully open?

Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2021, 04:46 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default DCCD Limp Mode - does it default to fully open?

I changed the steering wheel on my hawk RA and in taking off the OE wheel the roll connector fell apart - ribbon everywhere

I have fitted a new roll connector but now the bottom green DCCD light is flashing just after the engine starts. I've read the codes and it throws a few up but it's the angle sensor that has caused the fault - I initially didn't align the arrows.

Following the procedures after reading the codes, I can then alter the DCCD although the bottom light continues to flash. It also lets me choose AUTO but not sure if it's actually working.

I've subsequently fitted the connector and sensor as per the manual lining it all up but it's still complaining.

I've got a 2nd hand roll connector and sensor on the way and have FreeSSM coming too. I'm hoping I can get the DCCD working again becuase I've booked in to do a hill climb at Shelsley Walsh on 5th August.

If I can't get it working, does the diff default to "open"? I'm guessing this won't actually damage the diff and I can do the hill climb with the DCCD in "open" setting.

Last edited by EddScott; 21 July 2021 at 04:47 PM.
Old 21 July 2021, 06:42 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

As far as I know if the light is flashing I'm 99.9% positive it is open.
Old 29 July 2021, 09:57 PM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by EddScott
I changed the steering wheel on my hawk RA and in taking off the OE wheel the roll connector fell apart - ribbon everywhere

I have fitted a new roll connector but now the bottom green DCCD light is flashing just after the engine starts. I've read the codes and it throws a few up but it's the angle sensor that has caused the fault - I initially didn't align the arrows.

Following the procedures after reading the codes, I can then alter the DCCD although the bottom light continues to flash. It also lets me choose AUTO but not sure if it's actually working.

I've subsequently fitted the connector and sensor as per the manual lining it all up but it's still complaining.

I've got a 2nd hand roll connector and sensor on the way and have FreeSSM coming too. I'm hoping I can get the DCCD working again becuase I've booked in to do a hill climb at Shelsley Walsh on 5th August.

If I can't get it working, does the diff default to "open"? I'm guessing this won't actually damage the diff and I can do the hill climb with the DCCD in "open" setting.
​​​​​​Yes it will default to centre diff open, it is likely you have damaged the clock spring by not aligning the two arrows when installing.
they are fragile.
Old 30 July 2021, 10:34 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

Out of curiosity have you the correct Roll connector ??

JDM
A-DCCD uses 83116FE030
M-DCCD uses 83116FE000
UK models use 83116FE040
Aus models use 83116FE030