Notices

self diagnostic checking of DCCD control module?

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2010, 03:58 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default self diagnostic checking of DCCD control module?

is it possible to check the DCCD control module using the cars inbuilt diagnostic checker?

and how do you do the check in an 05 impreza? i did it in my classic, black and red plugs together, ignition on and count the flashes of something (can't remember for the life of me how to do it and search is broken so i can't find out!)

i've been having some sort of problem with the ABS light coming on. but today the ABS, EBD and Diff warning lights came on (went off on restart) looking around the net this guy has pretty much exactly the same problems http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/sti-tr...-start-up.html so before it goes into the garage can i do a bit of detective work myself?
Old 02 April 2010, 08:50 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

anyone?

any ideas?

anybody had anything like this?
Old 03 April 2010, 11:49 AM
fastboyslim
Scooby Regular

Cant help you out here but nice find, a lot of questions regarding G sensors been answered for me.
Old 03 April 2010, 04:29 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

You can check the classic DCCD ECU via a Select Monitor so I'd put money on the newage ones being at least similarly capable.

Unfortunately the newage cars don't have the black plugs that allow you to count the CEL flashes. You might get the P-codes from a generic OBD2 reader but you'd almost certainly need a real Select Monitor to get the full low-down on what it's doing. As such, down to the garage with it would be the best bet.

If you'd just said that there were DCCD and ABS warning lights up, a wheel speed sensor would have been the obvious culprit, but mentioning the rear diff overtemp light confuses the issue a bit. Even if it is a wheel sensor, you're going to need a way of working out which one it is...

Last edited by Splitpin; 03 April 2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03 April 2010, 07:45 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Splitpin
You can check the classic DCCD ECU via a Select Monitor so I'd put money on the newage ones being at least similarly capable.

Unfortunately the newage cars don't have the black plugs that allow you to count the CEL flashes. You might get the P-codes from a generic OBD2 reader but you'd almost certainly need a real Select Monitor to get the full low-down on what it's doing. As such, down to the garage with it would be the best bet.

If you'd just said that there were DCCD and ABS warning lights up, a wheel speed sensor would have been the obvious culprit, but mentioning the rear diff overtemp light confuses the issue a bit. Even if it is a wheel sensor, you're going to need a way of working out which one it is...
not sure if i've qouted the right thing there, the EBD light is the parking light brake? comes on with a fault in the braking system according to the manual? the diff temp light is off.

the only thing the garage can see that's wrong is they think a wheel bearing is on it's way out and that's throwing the ABS sensor out. but i don't think they've done a diagnostic check.

reading the posted link, i'm wondering if the DCCD control module is at fault due to a bit of clunking from the wheels with low speed full lock turns (like you get when the diff is locked) but it only does it going one way? i thought at first it was a knocking strut but as you can increase or lessen the clonk by winding the diff wheel i'm thinking more towards the diff controls??

i'm just trying to find out as much as i can at the moment as the garage seems keen on doing the wheel bearing and i'm not sure that'll fix the problem, i wouldn't mind if it was a cheap job but it's around £300 and i want them to get it right first time, at minimum cost.

just a bit confused to be honest so any advice is appreciated
Old 02 April 2011, 08:49 AM
hawkeyescoob
Scooby Regular

Did you ever get this sorted hoskib? I have similar probs
Old 02 April 2011, 09:46 AM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hawkeyescoob
Did you ever get this sorted hoskib? I have similar probs
yeah got it sorted in the end. it was the wheel bearing that had gone and it took out the hub with it, which was upsetting the ABS sensor and then everything else.

new bearing and hub and it was all fixed and problem free. not cheap, but 100% fixed