JDM 6 speed gearbox rebuild experience? - ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

JDM 6 speed gearbox rebuild experience?

Old 19 November 2018, 02:03 PM
dowser
Scooby Senior

Default JDM 6 speed gearbox rebuild experience?

I’ve been running a 6MT in my my00 for a long time now. The synchros need doing, but it also judders a lot when letting clutch out (unless you “drive it like you stole it” ). It has done this since I bought it second hand way, way back - I initially thought it was clutch or flywheel, but they have both been replaced since I fitted it and the issue persists.

Does anyone have experience of rebuilding the 6MT? I assume synchros are readily available, but what other parts should be changed if doing a rebuild (and are they likely to be root cause of the juddering)?

Many thanks, Richard
Old 19 November 2018, 02:26 PM
ScoobyDoo69
Scooby Senior

Synchros are normally a good start, getting the ones from later 6MT models brings things like carbon synchros - so as OEM parts they're readily available.
Old 28 November 2018, 05:07 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Cool

Originally Posted by dowser View Post
I’ve been running a 6MT in my my00 for a long time now. The synchros need doing, but it also judders a lot when letting clutch out (unless you “drive it like you stole it” ). It has done this since I bought it second hand way, way back - I initially thought it was clutch or flywheel, but they have both been replaced since I fitted it and the issue persists.

Does anyone have experience of rebuilding the 6MT? I assume synchros are readily available, but what other parts should be changed if doing a rebuild (and are they likely to be root cause of the juddering)?

Many thanks, Richard
Blimey Richard are you still going? not heard from you in years
Old 27 December 2018, 12:12 PM
dowser
Scooby Senior

Haha - hi Wurzel, I was - I finally sold my car to a friend due to that light rod knock (he has since blown the motor ), and am now on the hunt for an Evo X