Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Problem with terrible service from Prodrive, can someone help?

Search this Thread

Old 07 July 2011, 12:55 PM
magne
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with terrible service from Prodrive, can someone help?

Hi.

I have big problem with prodrive, can someone please help me resolve this, or get in contact with prodrive? Or maybe have someone from prodrive read this post and answer why they do not provide service or anything resembling custumer service.

I ordered a set of rims from prodrive in mid april (through my norwegian subaru dealership), before easter. The rims were prodrive gt1 in gold, 18x7,5" studpattern 5x100 and offset +53.
A week later three rims arrived, with a message that the last rim would be a couple of weeks dealyed. The last rims still havent arrived. (beginning of july)
So it has now been about three months since I ordered a set of rims (four), and i only recived three of them.

The big problem comes when I try to contact Prodrive, as the are impossible to get in contact with.

I did email them before ordering, and then they replied my emails within a couple of hours. Now when i contact them by email, they do not reply at all. I've tried to contact them several times with the issue of my last missing rim, but no one answers my emails.
I've tried calling them, but no one answers the phone.

My dealership have tried to contact prodrive many times. Prodrive only answers questins about stock inventory and orders to my dealership.
When my dealership ask about my missing rim prodrive refuses to answer the question.

So I would like to get in touch with someone at prodrive who can please tell my what is going on, why they are giving me so bad service, and why they haven't delivered the last rims after so much time, and why they won't answer any question about this problem.

My dealership has offered me to take back the rims and give me a full refund for my three rims, but because of the norwegian subaru warranty, I do not want to do this.
The subaru import firm in norway only give full warranty of the undercarrige of the car if you have rims with original offset of +53 or +55 on the 2008-2011 models. If I go with any other rims, the warrany is voided, and any problems with the whole undercarrige will be at my expence. The other rims for sale in norway have a max offset of +48.

Only other way I can get a set of 18" rims with the 53 offset is to special order a set from compomotive or braid, and I've tried that already. Compomotive haden't made my rims four months after i ordered them, so i canceled that order and ordered from prodrive instead.

So once again I beg someone at prodrive to please help me and sort out all the problems with this order, and just send the final rim to norway, so i can get the full set with rims.
I do not think it is acceptable to wait for three months without any answer when ordering a set of rims.

Best regards.
Magne cavallin - norway. (from imprezadriversclub.com norwegian subaru forum)

Last edited by magne; 07 July 2011 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Problems with computer.
Old 07 July 2011, 12:57 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

I can see your post, Magne. Stick the problem up on here....
Old 07 July 2011, 04:23 PM
magne
Scooby Newbie

Finally prodrive has answered my dealership.
Not much news or good news, just that the last rim is out of stock, and that prodrive are still waiting for it to arrive.

I still think that three months delivery, that probably will end up beeing four months is really bad.

Prodrive should sort this out now.

And prodrive should never have sold a set of four wheels when they only had three in stock.
Old 07 July 2011, 07:28 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Prodrive has members on scoobynet, here are the ones I know of, hope it helps.

https://www.scoobynet.com/member.php?u=3165

https://www.scoobynet.com/member.php?u=10991

James
Old 07 July 2011, 11:50 PM
magne
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the tip.

But I've already given up on the prodrive rims. I'm probably taking them back to the dealership tomorrow for a refund.

A mate asked me what I would do if I got the last rim and then was unlucky and broke one in a pothole. How long would I have to wait for a new one then?
Old 08 July 2011, 08:39 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

that's a pretty dim outlook on life....
Old 08 July 2011, 11:32 PM
kenc
Scooby Regular

Maybe its your dealership thats letting you down, have they refused to pay Prodrive untill the last rim arrives??
Old 09 July 2011, 01:08 AM
magne
Scooby Newbie

As my dealership actually showed me all the email sent to prodrive, and the answers they got, I do not believe my dealership is the problem.

Considering prodrive haven't answered me neither, and took about a month to give any answer to my dealership I belive that the problem is with prodrive only.
And when considering that the only answer my dealership finally got from prodrive was that the rim is still out of stock after three months, I believe that prodrive is having problems with their supplier.

Prodrive should never have sold a set of rims if they only can provide three of them and the fourth isn't in stock.

And there is no excuse for prodrive not to answer the dealerships emails.

My dealership has been very service minded all the way. When the last rim was dealyed in april, they gave me a set of summer tires for my winter rims for the same price as the dealership had to pay for the tires, so they sorted out some summer tires for me while I was waiting for the new rims.
They are also taking back the prodrive rims and giving me a full refund now, without any argument.

When i looked at the emails my dealership sent, they fist delt with one laidy, but then it went quiet for a while. After a month or so, a new person at prodrive answered the email, stating that the first person had been fired, and that this new person was handling all orders. After a few emails with orders, my last rim was put in question, and then no answer once again.
Several emails with no answer later, the first person then answers the emails, stating that the second person has been fired from the job, and that my last rim still is out of stock.

The whole deal seems to fishy for me to bother with, even though prodrive is a big and well known comapany. Also I have given prodrive a lot of chances to reply to my emails and my dealerships emails, but they haven't done that, and with such lousy service i do not want to deal with prodrive any more.
The dealership also said that they will never order parts from prodrive that aren't in stock any more, as they were as sick as I am of the lousy service from prodrive. To be honest I had expected a lot more from a frim as big and well renowed as prodrive.

And as preveiously mentioned, what if I break a rim. How loing will the next wait be?

Therefor I did order a set of OZ rims from my local tire pusher today.
Old 09 July 2011, 01:52 PM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you hit the nail on the head when you state Prodrive should not have sold you 4 rims when they could only immediately supply 3. That aside it is very poor service. Perhaps if they had just replied politely to your emails you may have had the confidence to wait for the order to be completed.

Hopefully things will work out in the end
Old 09 July 2011, 02:46 PM
magne
Scooby Newbie

If they had answered any of my emails, or had answered the dealerships emails within a couple of days, I would have had a lot more confidence in prodrive.

But the sum of not suplying a ordered product and not answering emails and enquieries about the ordred product adds up to really bad service.

Things have been worked out with my dealership tho, so I get a full refund and get a new set of rims form OZ instead. Only problem is that the new rims have an offset of +48, so the warranty on the undercarrige of the car is voided.
However I doubt that anything will break on the undercarrige of the car for the next three years anyway. Afterall it is a subaru
Old 19 July 2011, 08:13 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Having talked to someone at subaru uk I can confirm that those rims are available and would have been able to get some for you!!
Old 19 July 2011, 08:52 PM
magne
Scooby Newbie

The dealership got the last rim a couple of days ago, but I had already canceled the order and delivered the rims back, because of the three month wait.
They are still avalible to buy if I want, but because I have gotten the OZ rims I'll just skip that option. No need for two set of 18" rims.

Prodrive sent me a short apoligie by email, almost a month after I had sent them the emails.

They probably would never had answered if I hadn't posted in here...
Old 22 July 2011, 02:17 PM
kenc
Scooby Regular

At least now you are clear of them now..
I wouldnt be suprised with Prodrive not answering your emails as that can get messy, Prodrive have supplied a retailer with rims which they have then sold to you, so usually suppliers wont get involved with the end customer and just forward the emails to the retailer, thats for the retailer to do..
Sounds very bad the whole thing of saying peope were fired etc etc, very unprofesional.
Glad you got sorted
Old 24 July 2011, 03:02 PM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So many companies have bad customer service
I think it's very important and of I have bad customer service I never spend my money there again.
And I'm sure I'm not alone
Old 25 July 2011, 12:38 AM
magne
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by kenc
At least now you are clear of them now..
I wouldnt be suprised with Prodrive not answering your emails as that can get messy, Prodrive have supplied a retailer with rims which they have then sold to you, so usually suppliers wont get involved with the end customer and just forward the emails to the retailer, thats for the retailer to do..
Sounds very bad the whole thing of saying peope were fired etc etc, very unprofesional.
Glad you got sorted
Well, at first my retailer sent emails to prodrive. They didn't answer the retailer, so I tried. They didn't answer me either... I know that they normally only answer the retailer about an order, but as private custmers can order directly from prodrive they are technicaly also a retailer,
So when they didn't answer emails or phone calls from me or my retailer I had to post something here.
At least the whole thing is sorted and my retailer has learned that it is very difficult to deal with prodrive.
Old 25 July 2011, 09:37 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jamo
Prodrive has members on scoobynet, here are the ones I know of, hope it helps.

https://www.scoobynet.com/member.php?u=3165

https://www.scoobynet.com/member.php?u=10991

James
One of those two definately does not work at Prodrive anymore

Originally Posted by magne
Well, at first my retailer sent emails to prodrive. They didn't answer the retailer, so I tried. They didn't answer me either... I know that they normally only answer the retailer about an order, but as private custmers can order directly from prodrive they are technicaly also a retailer,
So when they didn't answer emails or phone calls from me or my retailer I had to post something here.
At least the whole thing is sorted and my retailer has learned that it is very difficult to deal with prodrive.
I find this very difficult to believe.
I've always found Prodrive very easy to deal with and most helpful.
Old 25 July 2011, 06:45 PM
magne
Scooby Newbie

They are probably easier to deal with when you're in the same coutry as them.
My subaru dealership didn't get a reply for over a month, and when it comes to my emails i can post copys of them here, with dates, and the final reply I got after some months, with an apolligy, aslo showing dates.

I also had the impression that prodrive was professional people, but after the custumer service i got from them, I'm never doing buiness with them again.