Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Xyber autos -anyone had dealing with?

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2010, 05:07 PM
Bicco
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xyber autos -anyone had dealing with?

Wondering if anyone had any dealing with this company in the past.

I ordered 3 prosport gauges from them not realising they were not UK based (my own stupid fault), took 2 weeks todeliver after paying for express delivery. Fitted imidiatley and discovered 1 of them is faulty, just doesn`t turn on. E-mailed asking what to do, was told he didn`t know and I should wait untill the end of the Chinese new year holidays. Waited a further two weeks, e-mailed again, now he wants me to send the faulty gauge back to Singapore at my expense then he will check the gauge.

Is it likely to cost more to post back than just going else where and buying another gauge? Have I been duped by a company with bad customer service?
Old 26 February 2010, 05:42 PM
Luther
Scooby Regular

XyberAutos ran the massive Prosport-Gauge GroupBuy a while back and (on the whole) I believe most people were happy with their products. Their prices are significantly cheaper than most UK suppliers but you do only get the 6 month warranty and the pain of having to return items back to them in Singapore if you do have an issue.

I've just ordered a fuel pressure gauge from them after my other 5 gauges did well so fingers crossed.....
Old 26 February 2010, 05:45 PM
Bicco
Scooby Regular

Figured it might just be my bad luck, Wouldn`t mind the shipping back if I had any use out of it at all, just a faulty part in the box thats gonna end up costing £30+ to ship back and then another 3 weeks at least beofre I get the damn gauge.
Old 26 February 2010, 06:16 PM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

dealt twice before, both with great communication and service from danny
Old 26 February 2010, 07:02 PM
BIGEMP
Scooby Regular

ordered a set and also had one faulty gauge but danny did send another one to me first and i had to post the other one back which i did,but is bloody annoying having to fork out at our expense for a faulty part,just one of those unfortunate things that happen when trying to buy it cheaper you pays ya money you take the chance!!!
Old 26 February 2010, 09:31 PM
Bicco
Scooby Regular

Yeah It looks like I would have to pay for shipping to him and for shipping the replacment gauge back, which works out dearer than just paying for a new gauge, crappy way of doing business but thats just the way it goes, Cyber autos will just join the list of companys to avoid from now on.
Old 26 February 2010, 10:13 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what gauge is it thats doesnt work as ive brand new oil temp ,pressure that im goin to sell, light up blue

Last edited by Tomwrx; 26 February 2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 28 February 2010, 06:28 PM
Luther
Scooby Regular

Get Danny to ship out your new gauge with mine... I'll post it up to you for a few quid. If he goes for that idea PM me and I'll give ya my order number
Old 28 February 2010, 08:19 PM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

bicco, if its a boost guage i have a spare one, brand new never used, you could try that if you like, im in stoke as well.
Old 02 March 2010, 02:31 PM
Bicco
Scooby Regular

Danny offered to replace the gauage at a sightly reduced cost, which I payed for then waited aweek to be told it was out of stock. Have given up on them completely now and sourced the gauge from Prosport direct.
Old 02 March 2010, 07:31 PM
lloydee
Scooby Regular

Hi Bicco,

have you a website for Prosport? The only one I have is the US one, looking for the UK site as I'd like to get some prices on gauges direct too.
Old 03 March 2010, 11:33 AM
Bicco
Scooby Regular

It is the US site i`ve used but they ship worldwide, cost $30 to ship to the UK. I`ll let you know when it gets here, was ordered yesterday.
Old 03 March 2010, 05:01 PM
Luckyscoob
Scooby Regular

Is the gauge definately faulty? Not being funny, but mine where a B**ch to fit. The connections at the back of each gauge are not the best. Once they are seated in properly then they are fine, but both me and a mate who ordered at the same time, thought we have one not working but with some fiddling they all of a sudden worked. Hope you get sorted anyway. Its so annoying when youve waited for something and it doesnt work