Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

API, great work. Highly recommend.Must read

Search this Thread

Old 06 June 2009, 07:53 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up API, great work. Highly recommend.Must read

Just wanted to say a big thank you to API Impreza, Warwickshire for all there help and great work on my car so far. I have sent an email (to David) but I would like for more people to recognise everyones hardwork and great services provided by API Impreza.
I mainly thought of writing this because next week my Import WRX will have done 9000 miles since they re-built the engine in my 96 and I think thats great news and a credit to there engine building services & employees skills. I was worried about spending so much (to me anyway) on my Imprezas engine after it had a big-end failure and spent alot of time talking to various garages about costs and routes to follow. I thought that maybe it was better to scrap it (last thing I wanted for my loved car) and to start again but David at API put my mind at rest from my first phone call with him and there prices seem fair too. Both me and my Mrs have been extremely satisfied and impressed with the way that David and all there staff have treated us and my vehicle. Very good hospitality.
Also Nathan was very helpful, insiteful and honest which is very refreshing to find at a garage these days. Thanks for all your help with the little things too David, I'm always greatful for your time (especially when Im only asking you a query on how to remove something etc and you make nothing from that), it's always a pleasure. I'm still working on my car myself as much as possible (as you know David) but I will be back down to API again no doubt. Thanks again, still loving my Impreza (thanks to API).
Old 07 June 2009, 11:30 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks mate, glad to know we saved you from ' the dark side ' [ non scooby ownership ] .

Look after the engine well and it'll never let you down. One of ours is up to 120,000 miles now and still going strong....

Good luck, David & the guys at APi
Old 08 June 2009, 01:22 PM
Heretik
Scooby Regular

Very good! I can second that- I just hit around 7000 miles on my engine rebuild by API (bottom end went on mine also) last year and can report it is still going very strong!

Fast, efficient, friendly, professional and knowledgable service at the time- not supprised to hear that hasnt changed!

Only wish I had the cash and the time to vist again - (long journey from Kent for me, but well worth it!).

Cheers
Old 08 June 2009, 02:10 PM
New_scooby_04

Nice to get feedback of this nature on SN. It must be pretty heartbreaking when a engine lets go on a car that you're fond of, as often you have to ask serious questions about whether it's would make more financial sense to just break the car for parts/scrap it than to "risk" getting it rebuilt. Many just don't feel that they will be able to "trust" the car again and move on, when they might have had a perfectly salvagable car!

In this situation, you need a garage to give you an honest and well informed opinion and be transparent on how much it's gonna cost you! You also need a garage that is as good as it's word and where you KNOW that the work will be of a high quality and there will be support in the unlikely event that things go wrong!

This is why I always tell people to have a word with David at APi in this situation.

I've learned one thing in 5 years of owning and modifying an Impreza: get the job done right first time, pay once, leave happy! This is absolutely critical when one is talking about engine builds as it's a big and expensive job and the last thing you want is to emerge from the garage unhappy, or worried about the durability of the work having spent a lot on the car!

David is invariably right in advising people in this respect!

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 08 June 2009 at 02:16 PM.
Old 08 June 2009, 02:23 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

Heretik I drove from South Wales to API and I've done it a few more times since my engine re-build and it's definately worth it. Everytime I have been to API I've been so happy with everything that they've done and the service provided.
Thanks for your reply David, no need to thank me, without you I wouldn't still be driving my dream car! Always wanted an Impreza since I used to watch my heroes Colin McRae & Richard Burns drive them in the 90's.
And New Scooby 04 is so right "get the job done right first time, pay once, leave happy!" and thats what API did for me. (still happy)
Gareth
Old 10 June 2009, 04:31 PM
thompl33
Scooby Regular

Respect where it is due!

I bought a re-con box from David at APi, It's simply a matter of you get what you pay for!

Again many thanks.
Old 10 June 2009, 04:38 PM
timmyajmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

yep totally agree, david at api helped me out with same issue of big end bearings conrods etc, very helpful & well priced
p.s dont go to the 'dark side of non scooby ownership' - trust me im here & cant wait to get another
Old 10 June 2009, 09:03 PM
wraggy78
Scooby Regular

After recently purchasing my second impreza, Found out that API had carried out some work on it, Spoke to David to see about getting copy of invoice, he was extremely helpful and invoice was through my door next day. Looking forward to spending some money there.... Cheers David
P.s was the cam belt changed at the same time ?????????? lol
Old 11 June 2009, 09:26 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Of course !