Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

dr motorsport

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2009, 11:35 AM
VTR steve
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry dr motorsport

Has anyone ever used them????????

Ordered a v5 bumper and a some PIAA fogs from there about 4weeks ago paid for them at the time of ordering in full. Thats where the problem started the bumper took 2weeks to arrive and i was told that it was posted on a certain day but when i checked i found out that it in fact was'nt it so i had been lied to. I also got told that the PIAA lights are no longer avaliable so i said i would swap the lights for a v7 scoop and the rest of the balance back. This was 2 weeks ago. After a lot of calls and messages i finally got a call back from dr and got told that he still did'nt have the scoop in stock and it would be another week at least. Now is it me being funny or should i be getting annoyed this place has had £500 of my money and all i have to show for it is a bumper that cost £240. After speaking to dr i have cancelled the scoop and asked for the rest of the balance back this was on Thursday i have still not recieved my money back. I know its not the post as i recieved some parts that was posted to me on Friday this morning and they came from the same area of the country.

My advice would be to steer clear of dr if you get treated like i have then you wont be happy.

Last edited by VTR steve; 21 February 2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 21 February 2009, 05:14 PM
Woody69
Scooby Regular

wwhooooo he burnin' now..................

Its frustraighting I know, but give it a bit more time dude! These things usually sort themselves out!
Old 26 February 2010, 03:15 PM
webba23
Scooby Regular

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'm looking to buy from DR Motorsport and am wondering if anyone else on here has used them recently. If so what are they like?

I'm looking to spend a fair bit and want to do some research before buying.

Cheers

Matt
Old 26 February 2010, 08:43 PM
Rice Rocket
Scooby Regular

depends which dr motorsport you used?
If its Dave Ried motorsport up herein scotland then I'm surprised that the above had an issue, daves a very keen scooby guy and alot of good reviews for him on here and on sidc.
I sure theres another one in england but not 100% sure what they're like.

Ricey
Old 26 February 2010, 09:04 PM
webba23
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rice Rocket
depends which dr motorsport you used?
If its Dave Ried motorsport up herein scotland then I'm surprised that the above had an issue, daves a very keen scooby guy and alot of good reviews for him on here and on sidc.
I sure theres another one in england but not 100% sure what they're like.

Ricey
I'm looking to use one that is based in Scotland so hopefully it's the chap you are talking about. Site looks good and prices are reasoable to say the least so will get in touch I'm wary after a bad experience with another company. Thanks for the reply though.
Old 26 February 2010, 11:47 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

APi has used Dave at DR Motorsport [ in Scotland ] for some 6 or 7 years off and on. He's OK. Can be a trifle hard to get a hold of, but he's never let me down and his stuff when it arrives is first class.

I promise it is worth the wait.

David APi
Old 26 February 2010, 11:57 PM
webba23
Scooby Regular

That's good to hear. I sent them an email earlier so will give them a go.

They state that parts come painted. I'm no expert with paint but when buying a bumper that is pre painted is it going to match my car to a reasonable degree or will it need to be matched or faded. Excuse my amateur descriptions.

Matt
Old 27 February 2010, 03:24 PM
Stealth
Scooby Regular

Going back a few years now I used Dave at DR Motorsport ad bought a few bits and pieces, one of which was my STI6 Rear spoiler, it came very quickly, quality was top notch!

The colour match was damn near spot on, and I really couldn't fault it and my car was silver, notoriously bad for colour matching........ the boy did good!!!
Old 27 February 2010, 03:28 PM
webba23
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stealth
Going back a few years now I used Dave at DR Motorsport ad bought a few bits and pieces, one of which was my STI6 Rear spoiler, it came very quickly, quality was top notch!

The colour match was damn near spot on, and I really couldn't fault it and my car was silver, notoriously bad for colour matching........ the boy did good!!!
That's very reassuring. I've emailed then and am waiting for them to get back to me.
Old 02 March 2010, 11:21 AM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought a rear STI spoiler in WR blue for my newage in a group buy for a brilliant price.
The quality of the item easily warranted the price - at over half the price of an OEM equivalent and it fitted in the original bootlid holes.

The only problem I had was with ordering because it got sent to my old address due to a mixup, and although I was told it was going to be delivered I later found the idiot courier had left the item over the fence at my old house when my neighbour rang and told me - luckily nobody had moved in and nobody had pinched it.

So really it was the courier they used that let them down.
Old 06 March 2010, 07:14 PM
VTR steve
Scooby Regular

It was Dr in Scotland that i used. Have got to say the quality of the bumper i got from them is great and the paint match is spot on dont know how he did it. The problem i had was he told me one thing which i later found out from the courier was a lie if he would have just told me it was going to take a little longer than expected then i would of been fine with that. Never ended up getting a scoop as it was just dragging on so just got my money back. This was a while ago and havnt used them since might give them a go for a scoop again as there stuff is top notch maybe i just caught them on a bad day.
Old 02 September 2010, 04:22 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

It seems the company has either gone down or off the radar.

been trying to get hold of him for ages now, no replies to three emails, 4 voice mesages to mobile and countless efforts on the landline

Shame, as I always used to rate the guys especially david. Hope they are just on holiday
Old 03 September 2010, 07:05 AM
Sabas
Scooby Regular

Try ets racing , I think he supplies dr motorsport, made me an sti 7 scoop over a weekend and got it that week, I think his name is Dave, I was e-mailing him
Old 03 September 2010, 09:37 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer

Dave at DR Motorsport is a bike racer - or involved in bike racing. He might be away on the Isle of Man.

He isn't the easiest of guys to get hold of, ever, but persistence pays and when you get his products they are top notch.

David APi
Old 03 September 2010, 01:31 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

I appreciate that David. Also have done and always will give the decent suppliers time to sort it out. Unfortunately when there is no contact for a while, you start to wonder. I am sure David from DR will be back in touch soon, I just would rather get the wrongly supplied goods sorted now if possible
Old 03 September 2010, 02:02 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by SwissTony
I appreciate that David. Also have done and always will give the decent suppliers time to sort it out. Unfortunately when there is no contact for a while, you start to wonder. I am sure David from DR will be back in touch soon, I just would rather get the wrongly supplied goods sorted now if possible

I have trouble reaching him when I want to buy something

What chance have you got when you want to return something?

Seriously, he is a good guy, l guess he just doesn't need the money, or the Motorsport Subaru thing is not his first line of business.

But it is annoying.
Old 03 September 2010, 02:17 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

I have bought loads of stuff from him and never had a problem.

I just so happened to order some 22b bonnet vents from him just as he was breaking for a holiday on july 2nd. I left it with him and myself went on holiday on August 11th . Came back to find the vents had been sent and they were there for me by the 20th Aug. Unfortunately wrong colour, wrong shape and wrong mesh colour. Obviously someone else's order.
Been trying to get hold of him since the 20th August. Nothing.

So we are talking 2 months to get something that is wrong and now all I want to do is to get it replaced with the right order.

Not exactly unreasonable is it ???
Old 03 September 2010, 03:08 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by SwissTony
I have bought loads of stuff from him and never had a problem.

I just so happened to order some 22b bonnet vents from him just as he was breaking for a holiday on july 2nd. I left it with him and myself went on holiday on August 11th . Came back to find the vents had been sent and they were there for me by the 20th Aug. Unfortunately wrong colour, wrong shape and wrong mesh colour. Obviously someone else's order.
Been trying to get hold of him since the 20th August. Nothing.

So we are talking 2 months to get something that is wrong and now all I want to do is to get it replaced with the right order.

Not exactly unreasonable is it ???
Nah mate, you got no argument from me.

I think we've got a set of 22B vents spare, in dark metallic blue if that's any help ? fit facelift bonnet. Don't know whose make, but they fitted OK when we took them off.

David
Old 03 September 2010, 03:27 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by APIDavid
Nah mate, you got no argument from me.

I think we've got a set of 22B vents spare, in dark metallic blue if that's any help ? fit facelift bonnet. Don't know whose make, but they fitted OK when we took them off.

David
Trouble is they are for a 95 wrx with facelift bonnet. So the shape is right but I guess the colour will be off as it is the 416 colour , the dark blue and not the normal mica blue

Cheers anyway
Old 03 September 2010, 03:36 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

I've been trying to order a reverse bonnet scoop of him since Feb, after countless emails and voice mails I've given up now
Old 03 September 2010, 06:11 PM
Sabas
Scooby Regular

as I said above, I spoke to him and he gets his stuff from ets racing, it's unpainted, I now

have the scoop and it was made and sent in about a week

http://www.etsracing.com/

I e-mailed him as the number just kept going to voicemail
Old 05 September 2010, 10:54 AM
New_scooby_04

I had a very good experience ordering from DR motorsport, ironically around xmas too, when one might expect delays.

I purchased a STi 6 spoiler for my MY99. I was a bit skeptical having been stung with an inferior quality replica spoiler in the past, but I have to say that it was top notch with respect to both the materials and paint job.

I seem to recall dealing with someone other than David on the phone though! Hmmmm. A 2 month wait for goods/refund sounds ominous!

Swiss - I hope you get the matter resolved soon mate.
Old 22 December 2010, 01:59 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Little update for all the users from DR Motorsport

Finally the vents came and once again they were wrong !!!

This was back in September. Sent them back and requested yet again the right vents, in the right colour. Got some snotty email back from David saying I had never requested the mesh colour etc.

So I sent him copies of all the emails that showed him that I HAD stated the right colour.

Been chasing him ever since and now nearly 3 months down the line nothing. As far as I am concerned, give me the vents I wanted or pay me my ****ing money back. ****e outfit, never ever deal with them again
Old 14 January 2011, 08:00 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Still no vents from this company. Original order was placed in July. Two incorrect orders later I am out of pocket and nothing to show for it.

DR Motorsport-hang your head in shame
Old 20 January 2011, 12:39 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Awaiting an reply from my latest email. David from DR Motorsport, the ball is in your court.

Quite happy to post up any correspondence until this is resolved
Old 21 January 2011, 11:07 AM
New_scooby_04

Sorry to hear you're still having problems Swiss!

This is a pretty sorry state of affairs!
Old 21 January 2011, 11:25 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Sorry to hear you're still having problems Swiss!

This is a pretty sorry state of affairs!
Yes it is Paul. TBH if you look through my previous posts on this thread you will notice a few things namely that I have always been patient and a big fan of this company. In the past I have always suggested them when people asked about bodyparts etc and have used them several times myself. Never had a problem with them.
You can even search through SN for that evidence.

But now after what is nearly 7 months , two wrong deliveries , total lack of correspondence and nothing to show for my money then you start to get the idea that I am right royally ****ed off with them.

Even david at API said that I had waited long enough and he knows how hard it can be to get hold of David.

Well enough is enough and after the last email I got from david at DR, I am asked him to do two things. Send me the correct order, case closed.
refund me in full , case closed.

Anything else will be met with complete derision and contempt.

What made me laugh is the fact that the guy was threatening to post on here saying that I had not given the complete story and I had made a mistake in my original order. Well quite happy for that to be posted.

I am quite a patient man but this just takes the proverbial
Old 01 February 2011, 03:25 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Well enough is enough, even after several emails I have heard nothing.

So for anyone thinking of dealing with DR Motorsport and David, think twice. In fact dont buy anything from them !!

Just in case anyone is unsure of which company it is

DR Motorsport
21 Burngrange Gardens;
West Calder;
West Lothian;
UK;
EH55 8ES

https://www.scoobynet.com/member.php?u=4964

It will cost me £25 to make a court claim against his company but **** it, worth it just to maybe make the guy take notice.

Once again, DONT BUY ANYTHING from this company
Old 01 February 2011, 04:39 PM
g7prs
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very surprised to hear this! Have met David loads of times and have bought things off him in the past! He used to post alot on the Scottish section on Sidc as he had / has an impreza track car but he hasnt been posting for a while now.
Old 01 February 2011, 05:20 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by g7prs
Very surprised to hear this! Have met David loads of times and have bought things off him in the past! He used to post alot on the Scottish section on Sidc as he had / has an impreza track car but he hasnt been posting for a while now.
well I never had a problem with them until now. So if you do see him tell him to send my bloody correct vents or give me my money back

Quick Reply: dr motorsport