Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

£200 for tracking wtf...???

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2008, 10:38 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default £200 for tracking wtf...???

but hey worth every penney.... it did seem allot..but the time was put into the work and a job well done...

I was ment to go back to Powerstation as my tracking was out when they originally done it..and i have juts not had the time to go back..and they had been very busy...

David @ Api: Thanks for fitting em in a VERY short notice and sorting my car out...and it drivs like welll.....i have a BIG smile on my face..when taking those bends and round the round abouts.... managed to get to the client site..was little late....but i didnt care the the drive was awsome...

Also what were the bolts you ftted...to the scoob?

Sam

David, i did not get an invoice...can you please pop one in the post..also the tracking print out if one of avaliable....as i wasted to see the before and after tp figure out why the car drove like s**t b4....

Last edited by SamUK; 07 June 2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10 June 2008, 09:52 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bolts were probably camber bolts
Old 10 June 2008, 12:10 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

assume its had a proper 4wd alignment and not just "tracking" ?
Old 10 June 2008, 02:37 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

what does a 4x4 wheel alignment cost at powerstation then ?
Old 10 June 2008, 05:01 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Sam, I could see your grin from way back here. I told you my settings are good.

Cost is for, Time to loosen everything off, so that it adjusts easily on the laser tracking machine.

Supply and fit 2 adjustable camber bolts.

Then just time on the tracker. Actual tracker cost is £95.00, Camber bolts are £15.00 each. The rest is our labour time to do all the work to get the settings where we like them.

No printout, as the Laser automatically dials in Subaru settings which we ignore. The problem is that these new computerised machines have a screen that goes green when it likes your adjustments within the Subaru tolerance. Our setting are in the red........................ We don't want to print you a red sheet we find it alarms people......

No matter.

Mini Simon who does our tracking and so-on says that you had toe out on the nsr wheel and a decent amount of toe in on the osr So the car was crabbing at the rear. All right for lndy - but bloody useless for much else.

Thanks for the praise, you know where I am when you need me.
David APi

Agents for Simtek, the most exciting new Ecu for years