Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Northern Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2002, 06:27 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Anyone got any feedback on dealers in Yorkshire? Just wondering where to take the '02 WRX when it arrives from Belgium. Anyone used the new Montys in Sheffield yet? Or even the recently-demised Bentleys? Or how about Goldens in Huddersfield?

Any thoughts, Guys (& Gals....)

Cheers, Harry.
Old 17 January 2002, 07:35 PM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

I can highly recommend Goldens...top people (had my short engine fitted by them in my MY98 Terzo).

Rich.
Old 17 January 2002, 07:39 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Question

Rich, What did you do to the old one?
Old 17 January 2002, 07:48 PM
bogie
Scooby Regular

Question

Rich,

Sorry for being thick, but what is a short engine?

Bogie
Old 17 January 2002, 07:58 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

The top half of the engine, quite a few were replaced on the MY98 UK's to cure piston slap problems
Old 17 January 2002, 07:59 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Cheers Rich. Any experience with Golden's sales dept? Tried to tell me that a a UK spec Belgian-sourced WRX is fundamentally different to the UK-supplied version....
Old 17 January 2002, 09:02 PM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

Talking

And they'd be right. The Belgian spec. car had bucket seats all along . It also has a fire extinguisher, warning triangle and a first-aid kit.

TONY
Belgian MY01

Trending Topics

Old 17 January 2002, 09:26 PM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Bogie .... do a search on "piston slap"

Harry Boy, no experience, sorry m8, though it sounds from Tony as though they are right

Rich.

Old 17 January 2002, 10:45 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Cheers Rich & Tony! Glad to hear it's even better value that I thought!
Old 18 January 2002, 10:59 PM
WRXBOB
Scooby Regular

Hiya Harry

Getting my MY02 Euro Import soon too (1st March)

I ordered it from Bentley's of Sheffield last year.
Was dissapointed about them no longer being a Subaru franchise as I've found them to be good blokes to deal with & (IMHO) had a good reputation. Sales guy I've been dealing with (Chris) has been excellent, not too pushy but not an ignorant tw@t (unlike the pr|cks in Doncaster's Subaru Dealer-which lost them 2 sales!)

Been up to Bentley's today for a chat. They have moved into bigger & better premises now (just 2mins from their old place)and I think are going into imports in a big "Supermarket" style.
Apparentley Monty's have poached most of Bentley's Service department so they should have the "know how" when it comes to fixing them. But I dont think I will be using them. Chris was saying Goldens of Huddersfield are quite good so may try them.

If you want to buy an import car (any make you want) Bentley's can supply it.
Personally I wouldnt mind the owners Porsche 996 which was parked outside today....mmmmm nice

Deal I got: Full UK spec MY02, Sigma Cat1 Alarm&Immobiliser, Colour coded headlamp conversion(was going to have UK300's but gone off them so having Morrettes fitted),boot liner,mats,full tank SUL,12months Tax etc , & will even deliver to my house the day before(so I can use it from midnight 1st March )
All in price just over £18k & Nothing else to pay. And I only had to pay £1k deposit, dont pay rest till delivery.
Could probably have got it a bit cheaper elsewhere but it's a local company I trust, which for me is important. Ive got a Silver one coming, business partner/mate got WR Blue coming. Cant Wait

So if you see a Silver scoob in March reg: "MY02WRX" giz a wave

BOB

Forgot to say, asked him for a price on an STi7, Full UK spec on the road price £23995 fully inclusive (except Morrettes) which I think is a similar price to Litchfields ?

[Edited by WRXBOB - 1/18/2002 11:05:47 PM]
Old 19 January 2002, 09:02 AM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Hiya Bob,

Sounds a good deal to me - bet you're counting the days.... Might give Bentleys a try for servicing myself. Just wondering whether their loss of franchise will affect values when it come to sale time, if the service book isn't stamped up with an IM approved dealer? Guess I'm being picky. After all, we've saved a packet on UK prices anyway....

Incidentally, Goldens told me that Bentley's franchise was pulled by IM bacause they refused to upgrade their showroom. Looks like that turned out not to be true!

Cheers, Harry.
Old 20 January 2002, 03:59 PM
WRXBOB
Scooby Regular

Harry

Bentleys not doing services etc on Subaru's anymore (AFAIK)...
thats why their mechanics/parts people have moved to Monty's.
And I got the impression that they werent too bothered about losing the Subaru franchise! Maybe thats why they offered the import option as opposed to a UK car when I went in there last August/September(not much profit for them on a UK car!)
As far as premises go, their old place was a bit sh!tty, but the new place looks good,and has a huge sales pitch(when compared to the old site)

Bentley's are concentrating on Sales, and apart from a used car selection they are importing cars from Europe. When I was there, they were expecting a transporter with a dozen Clio 172's coming in. And Chris the sales guy said they would be able to import whatever vehicle the customer wanted. If my memory is correct I think the signs now say "Bentley's Car Supermarket" or something very similar

I cant wait for mine (did I mention that business partner is also getting one at same time?)they should be at Bentleys mid Feb, Chris is going to ring when they arrive so we can go up and drool over them

Cheers

BOB

PS: just read through this before submitting, sounds like I'm on commission - I wish! No connection just an excited customer
Old 20 January 2002, 06:03 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi Bob,

Thanks for clarifying - it seems that Bentleys have taken the view that there's more to be made from importing and selling on than from their Scooby franchise. I can understand this, because people like you and I have undermined their new car sales for a few years now.

Mine should be registered around the same time as your's and your business partner's - it's a WR Blue 5 door. I'll look out for your plate and give you a wave! I know what you mean about the excitement - my wife is telling everyone I've turned into a real Scooby bore. Didn't realise there was such a thing....

Cheers, Harry.

Old 28 January 2002, 10:10 PM
steve jackson
Scooby Regular

Talking

Harry, mines a euro import MY01,I get it seviced at burrells main dealer doncaster,plus 10% discount on parts and labour for sidc members but you have to ask.

Steve
Old 28 January 2002, 10:32 PM
WRXBOB
Scooby Regular

Steve J

Have you found Burrells to be good then?

My only experience of them was last year when we went in as potential customers. They ignored us at first, then when we asked a few questions, this particular salesman said "eer...I'm not sure" and then just walked off, we couldnt get any body else to talk to us
I can only guess they thought we were just 'dreamers' as we arrived in a works van/work clothes. What they didnt know was that we own the company!

In a way I'm glad they did as we then went to Bentley's of Sheffield and ordered a couple of imports and saved nearly £4000 each

Would still consider them for servicing though as I can get there in about 20mins.

Could you recommend them? what marks out of 10 for them?

any comments much appreciated...

Cheers

BOB - waiting for March 1st delivery

Old 30 January 2002, 07:50 PM
steve jackson
Scooby Regular

Smile

Bob
have found them to be as good as any other dealership,they found a nut on the underdtray whilst in for service, I(accidently) dropped whilst fitting the morretts,they also did not charge for the obd reset after putting on the scoobysport exhaust,better to deal with meg on reception she has more idea than most. 8/10
Old 30 January 2002, 10:07 PM
WRXBOB
Scooby Regular

Thanx Steve

Think I will give them a try when the time comes.

Cheers

BOB