Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Dealer can't be bothered to sell cars?

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2002, 08:53 AM
Seamus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Thought about posting something on this subject since the weekend, finally decided to do it.

Deb and I decided that she really needed an RB5 and as luck would have it my local dealer (Northampton) had one. We went to see it, salesman seemed vaguely interested. Car was clean except front alloys were trashed. Anyway decided to have it (alloys to be fixed) and went back next day to have a drive and talk monies. Turned up car was in no way going to be driven (tightly packed in showroom). Salesman barely interested in talking to us, offered me "less than 3K" for a fully loaded high spec Pajero, and couldn't really be bothered to try and sell us the car. He made us both feel like we shouldn't even be in his dealership and so we left, me very angry and Deb angry and upset. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Decided to phone the dealer where I bought my UK300 in Swindon (Simpsons). They also had one for sale. Had a chat about the p/ex and he said he would offer me the money I wanted subject to seeing it, I placed a deposit and he drove the car the 70 miles to our house where we both drove it and struck a deal in the comfort of our home. They even matched the best finance deal we could find. I don't believe service can get a lot better than this from a main dealer and both our cars will always go back there now.

What is wrong with some of these sales people? I will never ever set foot in the Northants one again.
Old 10 January 2002, 09:58 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Probably had new alloys on it too. I heard their used stock was left on bricks a couple of weeks back.
Old 10 January 2002, 01:01 PM
devils_ad69
Scooby Regular

Write to the Dealer Principal of the bad garage. They can only put things right if they know about it. Name names. Lets hope he gets the sack!
Old 10 January 2002, 09:01 PM
matt.bowey
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Had the same when I purchased my new MY00 last Jan.

Went to dealer A on a Friday, took the demo WRX out, didnt like it so plumped for the blue MY00 in the showroom. Agreed a deal and went home to check finances/insurance.

Sat am, phoned insurance but needed to know exact alarm details, phoned dealer who explained that our deal was for today only! to$$er! Tryin to put pressure on me! Told him to back off and I would buy car when ready, probably on Monday.

Slept on it and thought b0ll0ck$ to you mate, so went to dealer B on sat morning. Nothing in stock, so he said he would look around for me. Nice man!

Went to dealer C, MY00's everwhere, took out the demo, explained prob at dealer A, took me seriousely at last.........the deal was done, picked it up a few days later + a/c! £20ish!

Week or so later dealer A phones up about deal, told him i went else where cos he wos a ****!!

Dealer B never phoned!

Dealer C still smilin as I take it back for their for servicing.

What is it with dealer salesmen??? If somebody offered me £20K the I would bow & scrape!

Old 14 January 2002, 08:31 PM
stevie c
Scooby Regular

Angry

I had a similar experience with the Northants dealership,they had my car in,under warranty after Power Engineering pointed out my piston slap(cheers PE).
Anyway,they had my car for a week before telling me it was my imagination.I told them politely that they were wrong,had it pointed out to me that they were the experts.
So the morning I pick her up I plan to start it in front of mechanic and ask why it sounds like a london cab.
I arrive there and get the feeling from the front desk that they have better things to do than speak to me,also,to get rid of the slap they left it running until it was up to temp before I arrived!

Anyway,since then my slap is gone,all done very professionally by Heritage in Leics.So I am happy,but know who wont be getting my business.

steve
Old 17 January 2002, 01:45 PM
devils_ad69
Scooby Regular

Matt,

Why don't you write to the MD of Company A and tell him that the salesman's s^%tty attitude lost his garage a sale?

These people won;t changce unless their tactics are exposed!
Old 21 January 2002, 10:33 AM
catflap
Scooby Regular

Talking

Im fed up of jons worth in this country, seems ther are far too few people willing to do things right. Name names on the swine LOL

Trending Topics

Old 21 January 2002, 07:49 PM
matt.bowey
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

....as I might have to take my car for a service there sometime!!!! not many dealers where I am from! Have avoided it so far though!!!
Old 30 January 2002, 01:21 PM
carpet
Scooby Regular

same sort of thing happened to me, was interested in buying a scooby, went to the dealer in canterbury, kent, asked for a test drive etc he was basically not interested in selling a car to me, **** him now have a uk300 and wouldnt buy a car from him and highly recommend to everyone I know not to use them either !! what a bunch of planks some of these salesmen are..