Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

anyone had apexi fc mapped from zen??

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2007, 08:57 AM
Jam Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone had apexi fc mapped from zen??

Just wanted to know if anyone on here has had ther apexi fc remapped by zen and what the results were, im looking to book my 93 WRX in for suppy+fit+remap of a power fc, ive heard that andy forest is the god of remapping power fc how does zen compare to his work??many thanks
Old 08 February 2007, 09:27 AM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Whereabouts are you based?

Tweenierob is the king of mapping Power FC IMHO, sorted out my skyline and scooby. He's now at Perfect Touch in Hoddesdon Hertfordshire

Chris
Old 08 February 2007, 09:30 AM
Jam Performance
Former Sponsor

Default ..

north west london but im willing to travel up to 100miles!How much does he charge?
Old 08 February 2007, 09:46 AM
bruce
Scooby Regular

I had my power fc mapped last year by Paul at Zen, and recently tweaked when I changed the turbo. I would highly recommend Zen services.
Old 08 February 2007, 09:48 AM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

You're not too far away then. Hoddesdon is a 20 minute drive from Enfield (North London).

Give either Rob or Claudio a call on 01992 443900 for pricing

P.S. I don't work for them, just a satisfied customer
Old 08 February 2007, 09:59 AM
Jam Performance
Former Sponsor

Default ..

ok thanks, ive heard that Bob Rawle is down the road from me too and hes quite reputable, theres so many mappers about does it matter which one i choose??
Old 08 February 2007, 10:08 AM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by K18LLR
ok thanks, ive heard that Bob Rawle is down the road from me too and hes quite reputable, theres so many mappers about does it matter which one i choose??

As long as they've got a good reputation and been recommended to you then probably not.

Personally I wouldn't let anyone but Tweenierob or Pat Herborne map my scooby and others will tell you the same about mappers they've used.

I find that all mappers will generally "slag off" other mappers but I've not heard anyone with a bad word to say about Rob or Pat.

Queue lots of posts slating these two now
Old 08 February 2007, 11:58 AM
ZEN Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by chris singleton

I find that all mappers will generally "slag off" other mappers but I've not heard anyone with a bad word to say about Rob or Pat.
I would have to take issue with that! I would say that most mappers do not slag off the others! Certainly not those that I know. Out of the ones that have been mentioned on this thread so far, I can say that we at Zen Performance are on good terms with all of them and in fact most of them are our friends. You do get a bit of friendly banter but no more than that.

As for the mapping skills of Paul, do a search for Zen and/or Pavlo and you will get plenty of positive comments from our customers (quite a few in 'dealer and third party suppliers' atm too).

Cheers,
Liz @ Zen
Old 08 February 2007, 12:07 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

AFAIK Bob doesn't do Apexi.

Paul (Zen) , Pat, Simon (JGM) , Rob or Andy F will all do a proper job.

I'm sure there are many others, but all of the above have and continue to contribute to the community ...

Steve
Old 08 February 2007, 12:09 PM
R4LLY
Scooby Regular

Just read this....

https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-thi...zards-zen.html
Old 08 February 2007, 12:14 PM
catalunya199again
Scooby Regular

i have used paul at zen at least 4 times now and will be going again soon as i have just had a new block put in, he has transformed my car with his mapping ability i have used andy f as well but its undair to compare them as andy only ever did the initial mapping and installing as he lives near edinborough thats a touch far i think for a remap
Old 08 February 2007, 12:21 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

As a completely unbiased outsider who is friends with all of the above mappers (those hwo map PFC), I think in all honesty you would be hard pushed to choose between them.

Only thing that can be said to distinguish is that pat travels outside of his usual residences of scoobyclinic and API. But that makes him harder to get hold of.

If you are concerned about skills, look at pauls achievements! there aren't many one shop wonders who can produce 9 second imprezas.

Simon rod -JGM is quite simply one of the nicest guys you could ever meet and has enormous tuning experience on the pfc, but the same can be said for Andy Forrest the fastest subaru man out there. I suspect Andy might be a little too far for comfort (scotland).

ring them all, speak to them, and judge for yourself. Given the inability to choose, if you were thinking of Zen, then no reason not to stay with them.

Also you might want to consider the lead times on getting the work done. some are too busy, others will move mountains to accomodate.
Old 08 February 2007, 12:25 PM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

One of my friends went to Paul at zen and i was really surprised at the results

We had gone to a rolling road day before and he had 272bhp to my 330 bhp

After he came back from Zen we went to a rolling road day again and had a little wager whos would have the biggest figure and to my surprise he got 342 bhp and i lost my money

James

P.s He has a 93 wrx
Old 08 February 2007, 12:49 PM
Multijfj
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Anger
One of my friends went to Paul at zen and i was really surprised at the results

We had gone to a rolling road day before and he had 272bhp to my 330 bhp

After he came back from Zen we went to a rolling road day again and had a little wager whos would have the biggest figure and to my surprise he got 342 bhp and i lost my money

James

P.s He has a 93 wrx
+70bhp from just a remap...

Thats unheard of.
Old 08 February 2007, 01:13 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Multijfj
+70bhp from just a remap...

Thats unheard of.
Where did Anger say it was just a re-map?

It had 550cc Injectors, Apexi Power FC, FMIC, and Fuel Pump + Reg (i think)
Old 08 February 2007, 01:39 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Not to their faces no, but who knows what goes on behind closed doors

Originally Posted by Zen Performance
I would have to take issue with that! I would say that most mappers do not slag off the others! Certainly not those that I know. Out of the ones that have been mentioned on this thread so far, I can say that we at Zen Performance are on good terms with all of them and in fact most of them are our friends. You do get a bit of friendly banter but no more than that.

As for the mapping skills of Paul, do a search for Zen and/or Pavlo and you will get plenty of positive comments from our customers (quite a few in 'dealer and third party suppliers' atm too).

Cheers,
Liz @ Zen
Old 08 February 2007, 01:41 PM
Beaker1
Scooby Regular

I Agree with Mr Singleton Would only Trust Tweenierob or pat to map my Cars have Had STI 1 and R32 GTR and Both been a Completely different car to drive after Tweenierob has mapped them and extracted very Good safe power

beaker

Last edited by Beaker1; 08 February 2007 at 01:43 PM. Reason: edit
Old 08 February 2007, 03:30 PM
ZEN Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by chris singleton
Not to their faces no, but who knows what goes on behind closed doors
I realise that you've had a good experience with Rob having mapped your skyline. And I know that Rob has done a very good job after attempts by "big name" outfits to sort some cars. However you appear to be assuming that any big name tuner you go to will rip you off and/or give you a substandard map just to get you through the door and take your money. I hope that's not what you're suggesting, but I am paticularly offended that you are suggesting that Rob is the only capable mapper, given you've used such a small number of others, if any.

However, I would say that your point is valid, and that you are not necessarily going to get the same quality and attention to detail regardless of where you go. It pays to make sure your mapper is up to the job.

Paul
Old 08 February 2007, 05:13 PM
fatmanscooby
Scooby Regular

Ive not got a Power Commander but Paul fitted and Mapped my Autronics and transformed my car.
Old 08 February 2007, 06:34 PM
Jam Performance
Former Sponsor

Default remap

Thanks..will definately be booking the remap sometime next month with zen...
Old 09 February 2007, 07:46 AM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Wow, where did that come from?

I haven't suggested that Rob is the only capable mapper and neither have I suggested that big name tuners rip you off, I assume that you consider yourself a big name tuner and that I'm having a pop at you personally but not once have I said don't go to Zen they're crap. Clearly your own car is a true testement to your mapping skills. I've simply stated that I only trust my car with Rob or Pat both of whom I've used with excellent results hence my recomendation. This is a personal preference and I also mention that other people will give the very same opinion on mappers they use and that it doesn't really make a huge difference where you go provided it's on recomendation

Seems to me that you possibly got out of the wrong side of bed or you're a bit over sensitive

Originally Posted by Zen Performance
I realise that you've had a good experience with Rob having mapped your skyline. And I know that Rob has done a very good job after attempts by "big name" outfits to sort some cars. However you appear to be assuming that any big name tuner you go to will rip you off and/or give you a substandard map just to get you through the door and take your money. I hope that's not what you're suggesting, but I am paticularly offended that you are suggesting that Rob is the only capable mapper, given you've used such a small number of others, if any.

However, I would say that your point is valid, and that you are not necessarily going to get the same quality and attention to detail regardless of where you go. It pays to make sure your mapper is up to the job.

Paul
Old 09 February 2007, 08:21 PM
WRX TWIN TURBO
Scooby Regular

I have spoken to many scooby owners and i will def be going to ZEN next week to see what paul can do with my twin turbo scooby...
Old 09 February 2007, 09:04 PM
twistybits
Scooby Regular

I was up having some work done today with Paul at Zen (Service and Tweak to Map) . Its a 170mile round trip for me but the effort is worthwhile

Great service, very patient and they let you watch the work being done.
Old 10 February 2007, 12:47 PM
PAS
Scooby Regular

Yes i had one fitted by paul and it was so good i went racing with it.

top geezer and he went out of his way to make it a top job.
Old 10 February 2007, 02:42 PM
terzo282
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

paul at zen mapped my pfc and to be honest i thought the differance was amazing.it was like i was driving a differant car home ,far smoother ,a massive amount of torque ,better fuel economy. shame my knackered suspension and wooden brakes kerbed things a bit. all sorted now paul

he was more than happy to talk with me about what i wanted from the car and told me what i would get from the car no bull**** just straight forward good honest advice

soon as i get the turbo i want it will go straight back to him to work his magic

keith
Old 10 February 2007, 03:20 PM
Jam Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by terzo282
paul at zen mapped my pfc and to be honest i thought the differance was amazing.it was like i was driving a differant car home ,far smoother ,a massive amount of torque ,better fuel economy. shame my knackered suspension and wooden brakes kerbed things a bit. all sorted now paul

he was more than happy to talk with me about what i wanted from the car and told me what i would get from the car no bull**** just straight forward good honest advice

soon as i get the turbo i want it will go straight back to him to work his magic

keith
which scooby have u got and what modz have u done to it?? ive gota 93wrx and am looking to get 350bhp out of mine, ive got fmic,440cc injectors,walbro pump,3inch decat downipe,full nurspec r exhaust,ported headers,hks induction kit,toda flywheel and ap clutch
Old 10 February 2007, 03:57 PM
terzo282
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

which scooby have u got and what modz have u done to it?? ive gota 93wrx and am looking to get 350bhp out of mine, ive got fmic,440cc injectors,walbro pump,3inch decat downipe,full nurspec r exhaust,ported headers,hks induction kit,toda flywheel and ap clutch
98 impreza turbo terzo. ramair induction kit, 550cc power enterprise injectors,megan unequal length headers and up pipe all heat wrapped, japspeed 3" decat pipe onto 2.5" tsl none resinator centre section and tsl group n bb, hybrid fmic, walbro fuel pump

god knows what power it puts out anyone like to guestimate?

Last edited by terzo282; 10 February 2007 at 04:03 PM. Reason: missed something out
Old 12 February 2007, 12:24 AM
tweenierob
Scooby Regular

Cant really compare some of the big companies mapping that i manage to improve on to Zen's, Paul wouldnt make the mistakes they do

Peace

Rob
Old 12 February 2007, 06:17 PM
terzo320
Scooby Regular

i had my power fc mapped to 331bhp at zen on my 98 terzo and got great service
Old 12 February 2007, 07:27 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Had 4 mappers on my car now. Loads out there.

Tweenierob is a good lad. Started of working on mine and mapping mine about 4 years ago now and have always taken my car to him.

Will say that now he has a skyline, he is a skyline lover and everytime i see him with the scoob, he tries to convince me to sell the scoob to buy a skyline. lol

Out of the names, i think Pat is the original mapper. Saying that, not sure who started first - Pat or Bob Rawle?

I think Bob leans to Link/Tek/Motec and doesnt do Apexi (but dont quote me)

Quick Reply: anyone had apexi fc mapped from zen??