Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

scooby clinic??

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2007, 01:26 PM
2.5STI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scooby clinic??

gona go get a rolling road job on my scoob to see what bhp and if there is any problems.....is it a good place to go??
Old 10 January 2007, 01:27 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Yep!
Old 10 January 2007, 01:29 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

£20 grand and i'm still spending there lol

top bunch of guys, just watch out for clyde, he's your best friend, but is only after your food pmsl (the black labrador silly)
Old 10 January 2007, 01:59 PM
D.O.M
Scooby Regular

How much for a rolling road test?

Also, how far is the drive from London to scoobyclinic?
Old 10 January 2007, 02:01 PM
Gav
Scooby Regular

It's near Chesterfield so a bit of a trek for you!!!
Old 10 January 2007, 02:02 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

think its £58.something once vat is added lol

um, prob 2 hours ish
Old 10 January 2007, 02:20 PM
TonyG
Scooby Regular

Location: The dark side of the Sun and owner of 2 fairy tokens

Think the price for their rolling road is on their website.
Old 10 January 2007, 06:08 PM
ralphandcarol
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boobiman
How much for a rolling road test?

Also, how far is the drive from London to scoobyclinic?
Normally takes me about 2.5hrs from North London, and expect to spend a full day there. Also expect to come back with an empty wallet or burnt out credit card.
Old 10 January 2007, 10:54 PM
Dr.P
Scooby Regular

There is no better place to take your scoob Kev/Ads will look after you mate.
Old 11 January 2007, 02:33 AM
DaveBlueRA
Scooby Regular

Top place
Old 31 January 2007, 10:14 AM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Default Sorry

To poo poo this outfit but am I the only 1 to have had a bad experience with them?
I went to them a few months ago with obvious alignment problems (rear passenger tyre fooked) I was told a couple of hrs later an £120 lighter the front toe was out slightly and asked had I been on the track with the car plus what sorta corners did I like best

I decided some time later to uprate the rollbars and antilift kit but I went to TSL (fooking top guys) and they informed me my front subframe was bent and when the tried to get bolts out they struggled. So as not to leave me stuck they said to get a new one and bolts (£270) and they would fit and make good with their own fast road settings which they did and they car is absolutely completely different. The tracking was out by 7DEGREES
I went back to Scoobyclinic basically hoping for some money back where I was told 'our machine must measure degrees differently from TSL's'

I always thought a degree was a degree. I was also left just standing there like a muppet for over 10 minutes where by I had to leave as I had an appointment to keep with a physio, oh and they also supplied me with the wrong front drop links however they did swap these. I did however have to go back to TSL to get them to fit which involved another journey and more petrol.

1 customer lost to Scoobyclinic , 1gained by TSL
Old 31 January 2007, 01:42 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

your car isn't green is it?
Old 31 January 2007, 01:44 PM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Default Nope

Not green I floor it whenever I can **** the ozone
Old 31 January 2007, 02:23 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Aha the customer that was too busy to wait for us to help him!

The customer came to us for geomatry set up.

We then had a call from the Customer a while later iirc after one of our competitors had told him his car was out of alignment. we asked the customer to come and see us and we would put in on the ramp and do some further investigation free of charge.
The customer came to see us I asked him to wait in the office while I was dealing with another customer, when I came back a few minutes later (not 10!) he was gone!

We cannot help if you are not here!

So before you start slinging mud around about scoobyclinic with all of your respected 6 posts! do some searching on Scoobyclinic and you will see we are not here to take the p*ss and should any issue arrise we will do our best to resolve it!

Just remember these main points before you jump for your keyboard.

1. your were told our work was incorrect buy a competitor (tesco's love asda don't they!)
2.give us the opportunity to investigate your problem before you put the boot in making yourself look very silly
3. Can you catagorically prove that car did not hit a pot hole/kerb etc between here and the other garage?

Also look at it this way do you really think one of our trained mechanics would let a car out of our workshops in a bad way or 7 degrees out? erm no! Mistakes can and do happen but not like that! uhu yeah I know I'll see how bad a job I can do and give it to the customer making SC look bad putting myself out of a job! People like that do not work for us!

Think about it!

It really does wind me up that a customer cannot find the time to talk face to face but can find the time to give us a slap on the internet!

Hmmmm

Ads

Last edited by specialx; 31 January 2007 at 02:36 PM.
Old 31 January 2007, 02:45 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Just make sure you know where any pets you may have are, before you leave there

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...und-scoob.html
Old 31 January 2007, 03:20 PM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Default Actually Ads

It was at least 10 minutes! If you look at my post you will clearly see I had a physion session if you want I can even give the physio concerned and appointment time. You did NOT offer to put it on the ramps and recheck that is a blatant lie, I did however ask you for a printout when originally done and was told the printer was broke and when I brought it back you told me that you never give them so which one is it?
The 'competitor' did give me a printout in fact he gave me 2, he gave me one before and after I had the work done because as I said when they went to put the antilift kit on they couldnt release the bolt so that sorta said summit was amiss this clearly shows a 7 degree 'out' and I can prove both cause I still have the prints. My original thing was the 'FACT' you said to me our machine measures degrees differently than TSL's And after all that when your left in an office for 10 minutes with no apparent tech coming to you it gives the impression of 'oh he will get board and leave'. I did and took my business elsewhere. Im not in the business of lying and the guy who started the post asked for opinions, through freedom of speech I gave my account of dealing with you

Oh and I did try talking to you twice! Firstly on the phone and then face to face which ended like I have just described. And there was no one else in the office or on the phone when you walked off towards the shed. Sorry mate thats cow ****e.

Your 3 points I have no personel reason why TSL would say what they did plus they unlike you couldnt prove it by way of technical readout. Secondly it called freedom of speech and I am recalling a true incident plus would you drive from nottingham to you to tell you you hadnt noticed a bent front subframe? I can see the response you must have hit a hole or summit. And lastly I can catergorically tell you that I never have yet hit a pothole or any other hole for that matter whilst driving this car....

Last edited by scousefly; 31 January 2007 at 03:29 PM. Reason: forgot summit
Old 31 January 2007, 03:27 PM
jaydut
Scooby Regular

All the work done on my car was done at the clinic by the previous owner and it runs sweet,will have to pay a visit myself at some point

Also wear the decals on my rear windows.
Old 31 January 2007, 04:19 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

5,10 or 15 minutes it makes no difference how long you waited I was with other customers and not making you wait on purpose. YOU did not give us the oppertunity to look at your car!

'oh he will get board and leave' that is your assumption and totally wrong!

Our tracking equipment does not give print outs, one would never have been offered (the dyno does were you confused?)

Why would I lie about putting your car onto a ramp for us to look at? It's what we do, you were simply waiting for a ramp!

Now the main thing we would like to know being as you are shouting about this on the boards (not that we have anything to hide!) is what was supposedly 7 degrees out? camber? castor? toe in or out? please tell us all.

You say the car came to us with a problem with the rear and now we have allegadley messed up your front settings??

You say TSL found a bent front subframe, as you know these are a very substansial peice of kit, to bend one we would have expected to find a broken or bent rim there was no evidence or mention of this when we carried out the geom. Was the car new to you?

look at is this way, we put our equipment onto your car and adjust your geomarty with your steering wheel centred using a special tool.
so we are left with a nice straight steering wheel and wheels all pointing in the right directions using lasers.

Ads
Old 31 January 2007, 04:49 PM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Default Time

Does make a difference, when you have an appointment to go to. The subframe was bent I spoke to mick at triangle subaru (chesterfield) he ordered the new one for me. I tried to take the case up with the MD at triangle but it was a case i cant prove/they cant prove so had to bite the bullet.
Nope not confused about tracking or dyno I DO know the difference but everyplace I've had a car tracked i've also had a before and after printout
Sorry but you never once said you would take a look at it, and to be honest if you cant find it the first time why oh why would I let you near it again?
I presume it was the toe out I would have to look at the printout again, and im assuming as the front subframe was bent. Not once did I say you messed up my front settings, I stated I was told the toe out was out, it clearly states this in my original post. Come on ads if ye gonna sing then look at the song sheet its all there
To be honest the car is completely different since the work has been done where as with you it didnt feel any different. My gripe was that how can summit bent the way it was be missed? And I was £120 lighter in the pocket. As for singing on the board I have a terrible voice but you are not looking at the songsheet you keep coming back with different comments and they are not what was clearly stated in my first and consequent replies. The original poster asked for opinions there will always be good and bad, mine was bad you lost the business TSL got it. Im happy cause the car is fantastic, TSL treat their customers like old friends, which I have seen on numerous occasions when there, I didnt feel like that at your place. Ho hum

Last edited by scousefly; 31 January 2007 at 04:54 PM. Reason: bad grammer
Old 31 January 2007, 04:54 PM
BULLITT
Scooby Regular

Can't say I've heard anything bad about scoobyclinic except whats written here. I will find out myself on Friday when my car goes in for a RR and a look over.
Old 31 January 2007, 05:07 PM
PeterUK300
Scooby Regular

scousefly to answer your first question = yes I think you are.......

Did you know that a satisfied customer will tell 5 people on average of their good experience wheras a disatisfied customer tell 15 people..........

Just shows we all like a whinge
Old 31 January 2007, 05:27 PM
Rill
Scooby Regular

I took my motor (06 STi) to "the clinic" for the first time between Christmas and New Year specifically for the geometry to be checked out after hearing they roll off the production line bog-eyed!

Anyway, even though I didn't have an appointment and even though they only had a skeleton staff on that week they were happy to have a look at my car. Whilst I was there and as I am relatively new to Scooby ownership I took the opportunity to speak at length to Adam, Kev and the other lads about all things Impreza (including possible future mods ) and, apart from Adam trying to make my credit card melt in the goodies room, I can honestly say that I've never met a more pleasant, helpful and unassuming bunch of car enthusiasts in all my life and trust me, I've met some proper tossers in my performance car career!

In the end they couldn't find anything wrong with my geometry, and because they couldn't find anything wrong they didn't charge me! I was actually advised that it was my tyres that were causing the problems I was describing, and they were right!

It's because they have never been too busy to answer my questions when I phone or while I was there....
It's because they didn't charge for work that wasn't needed....
It's because they are such a friendly and welcoming bunch....
It's because they didn't treat me like a moron just because I'm new to the Scooby scene....
It's because their level of service and commitment to their customers is such a bleedin' rarity in this day and age....

It's because of all of these things that my car is booked in at Scooby Clinic in a fortnights time for a few tweaks!

Credit were credit's due as far as I'm concerned!

Danny

Last edited by Rill; 31 January 2007 at 07:49 PM. Reason: missed a bit!
Old 31 January 2007, 05:38 PM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Default Peter UK

Sorry mate ye lost me there, I have no idea wat ye on about?

And I thought this is wat the board especially this particular one is to report personel experiences? Well shoot me for having a say, should I ask for permission next time?
Can I ask have U been to scoobyclinic?

Last edited by scousefly; 31 January 2007 at 05:44 PM. Reason: forgot summit
Old 31 January 2007, 07:13 PM
lem6
Scooby Regular

gotta agree slightly dude i went there with my friend once and were just stood around waiting for ages, as a result he now takes his scoob elsewhere. No doubt scoobyclinic know there stuff, prices/cost al seem to look good but then plus vat.
Old 31 January 2007, 07:35 PM
Knighty99
Scooby Regular

Hi people, I too had a bad experiance at the clinic, but i have to say they were more than happy to sort the issues and problems which we came across ADS knows what i'm on about eh dude

These guys are fair and reasonable and they DO know their stuff, yea they are always busy so you can't always get hold of somone (Thats a good thing if there VERY busy! eh )

I have traveled the 3 hours there and three hours back a few times and will do again one day.

Dan
Old 31 January 2007, 08:26 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

After reading over this thread I feel the crux of the problem lies with a customers percetions of our customer services.

we are busy, you may have to wait, IT'S NOT PERSONAL!

Problems do occur but we always do our upmost to resolve any issues to the best of our abilty, if you have any problems simply come and talk to us and we will find a way! As a specialsit we do not have the luxury of a main dealer network back up so depend on reputation. We are proud of what we do and never shirk our responsiblities to find an amicable resolution.

Nuff said!

Thank you for all of your positive posts

knighty99 yes i still feel bad!

Ads
Old 31 January 2007, 09:25 PM
redragon
Scooby Regular

we've used scoobyclinic since the day we brought our car and we wouldnt trust anybody else with it
whatever job we've had done they have taken their time and given us a top job
just recently we had a fmic fitted and there was a slight hitch when they road tested it, kev wouldnt let us go home it in that night as he didnt want anything happening, the following day he made sure it was sorted
ive spent hours up there laughing at ads running round answering phones and dealing with people even when ive had to wait along time and froze me bits off ive done it has i no they will do a top job on my car
they are a top bunch of blokes and id recommend them any day of the week
Old 01 February 2007, 12:25 AM
bob
Scooby Regular

Had Scoobyclinic come and pick my motor up in Bristol where it had gone pop. I decided to go 2.5 and Scoobyclinic gave me the best price. A long way to send my car I know but I did have recommendations from scoob owners who live in the area. A price was agreed and a finish time agreed. Had a phone call telling me the car was finished bang on time.
It was a shock when I drove through the stream and found myself on a farm as I had been so used to new cars and Subaru dealers but I was not paying Dealers prices. I spent the whole day there chatting to everyone and they all had the time to answer all my questions and in a way even I could understand. Some of the friendliest folks you can meet.
I was so impressed with there work and prices I bought a Chinese meal for all the workers. Its not often I am impressed enough to do this.
Old 01 February 2007, 12:53 AM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

I have always used ss for my rolling roads ( 3 times now )

best by far that I have used , always more than help full explaing allot

AND ( the biggest difference ) you don't get the feeling they are trying to sell you things by bad mouthing the tunner you decided to go with and running your choosen mods down using the graph as evidence

believe me it happens at others

if you want an honest opinion of how your car is running ( on the rollers )
you could do far worse than Scoobyclinic

ow and one garage that i have been to that is VERY good at having a go at others tunners work is mentioned in this thread

Last edited by WRX_Rich; 01 February 2007 at 01:03 AM.
Old 01 February 2007, 01:22 AM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

I have to jump to Scooby clinics defence here.

I have been to both Scooby clinic and TSL I have had NOTHING but excellent and very understanding service from Kev, Ads and the boys at scooby clinic.

TSL are a different story. I spent roughly £16,000 with them over a period of 6 - 8 months. Great at taking the money off you but when things went wrong for me ( blown engine that was my own fault) they didnt want to help me as they knew the pot was finally dry. They couldn't give an exact price for fitting a low mileage engine from a well known supplier. The reply I got was 3,4,5 maybe even seven hours. What they should of done after me spending that much money wih them was to say yeah no problem ,well do it for X amount all in. Now i know Scooby clinic would have done just that. I just wish I spent the original £16K with them.

I guess each tuner has good and bad stories but I **** you not I have heard more bad things said and read more bad things about TSL than I have scooby clinic. Read into that what you will.

Daz

Quick Reply: scooby clinic??