Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Subaru4you save my engine

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2006, 12:26 PM
KenS55STI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru4you save my engine

Wednesday morning, comes out to car, flat (ish) tyre. Gets pump and plugs into lighter socket, winds down drivers window, pumps up tyre, puts pump away, attempts to wind up window, no joy. Several attempts later still no joy, figure something broke. Drives to Subaru4you and speaks to Len. Len drives car in to garage, tries window switch, window goes up !! Checks connections for me anyway, all ok, we put it down to temporary fault maybe caused by freezing temperature. I leave and set off to work.

Later in the morning gets email from Len saying they had noticed some oil had leaked out of my car and onto the floor whilst standing in the garage, and they would put it on the ramp to check it for me if I bring the car back. I decide to go and check the oil level, but bonnet mechanism is frozen, can't open bonnet. Tries again later still no joy. I figure probably rocker cover gasket starting to go, oil was ok last week, car driving ok, no noises, can't have lost that much oil, probably ok to drive.

Later in the evening I get some assistance from a friend and manage to get the bonnet open. WD40 on the mechanism and all seems well, leave car overnight. Thursday morning, check oil, dipstick bone dry . Adds 1/2 litre I had in the boot, barely showing on dipstick. Hotfoots it to petrol station to get some more oil, another 3/4 litre and up to level.

Speaks to Len at Subaru4you. He says bring car round in an hour to check it out. Start car, engine sounds ok . Goes round and problem is investigated. On the ramp it can be seen that there is oil everywhere underneath the car, and it has blown right back to the back axle. Investigation reveals it is the oil temperature switch leaking from the threads where it screws into the block, and the oil is running down the right hand side. Oil can be seen leaking out when the engine is running.

The problem is rectified straight away and everything cleaned up.

So thanks to Mark who spotted the oil on the floor and to Len for letting me know, and to both for sorting it out sharpish. If it hadn't been for them then I would have probably set off on a 200 mile journey up north and had to put a rebuild on my Christmas list.

Merry Christmas
Old 22 December 2006, 03:35 PM
STI Craig
Scooby Regular

its nice to have a garage like that, the aint too many about nowdays.

well apart from those who have built a reputation like the above garage.

and your also £3000 better of now...... result lol
Old 06 January 2007, 12:05 PM
LEN CARLYON
Scooby Regular

Hi Guys
Thanks for those kind words Ken, just trying to do our jobs and keep you on the road as safely as poss....

Len
Old 07 January 2007, 12:05 AM
scooby_rock
Scooby Regular

hi ken your message box is full ive been tyin to message you about your tyres .

hi mate scooby net was down today and i couldnt get your number and post code of there so i couldnt get down and how all my messages are gone so if ya could give them to me again and what time ya free tomo (sunday)