Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

is godspeed a good company

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2006, 03:56 PM
wrxmad69
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is godspeed a good company

is godspeed a good company and can they be trusted. im really considerin gettin there 335mm discs with the 4 pot calipers for my 95 wrx import but iv been dun out of money before n i dont wont it 2 happen again. it sounds like a really good deal, maybe 2 good.any 1 delt with them b4???
Old 29 November 2006, 03:58 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All I can say is that you could try doing a search on here. I'm not sure what it'd throw up but there have been some bad experiences. I've never used them though. Try a search and see if that helps
Old 29 November 2006, 03:58 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

i've heard they are excellent
Old 29 November 2006, 04:03 PM
wrxmad69
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
All I can say is that you could try doing a search on here. I'm not sure what it'd throw up but there have been some bad experiences. I've never used them though. Try a search and see if that helps
so how do i do a search m8
youve heard of sum bad experiences u say?
Old 29 November 2006, 04:03 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Very good from what i hear.

The only problem is Ian is sometimes hard to get hold of on the phone, but bear in mind he works next to a very loud machine all day it is understandable

I am thinking of going for the same kit aswell....do it
Old 29 November 2006, 04:05 PM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrxmad69
so how do i do a search m8
youve heard of sum bad experiences u say?

Search button on top menu
Old 29 November 2006, 04:06 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

great brakes, a bit slow in making them, but fast isnt always the best option
Old 29 November 2006, 04:06 PM
wrxmad69
Scooby Newbie

not sure who i spoke 2. jus a welsh or irish bloke cant remember now
very helpfull thouth.yea i probly will go for it.
do u recon its worth gettin som 4 the rear aswell?
Old 29 November 2006, 04:08 PM
PAS
Scooby Regular

I have his kit on mine,top notch and i watched him make it.

nice guy.

email him as he is hard to get hold of.
Old 29 November 2006, 04:08 PM
wrxmad69
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Andy Porter
Search button on top menu
CHEERS
Old 29 November 2006, 04:10 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry I should have told you that. Like Shaggy said the kit can be good but they can be hard to get hold of and slow from what I've heard.
Old 29 November 2006, 04:11 PM
wrxmad69
Scooby Newbie

sounds like ill be gettin them then. cheers people!
should be gettin my engine back from api soon aswell.
im almost excited, gettin a lightned flywheel
Old 29 November 2006, 05:02 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Ian posts on here as "awd wrx", https://www.scoobynet.com/member.php?u=40266

Have a search for some of his posts
Old 29 November 2006, 05:24 PM
Edward
Scooby Regular

I sent some MY99 calipers to be reconditioned approx. 18 months ago, the work itself was fine - the service was very poor.

Numerous phone calls and promised delivery dates, in the end it took around 2 weeks when I was originally told a few days.
Old 29 November 2006, 06:33 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I have had 335mm kit and extra 335 discs & Bells from Godspeed with no issues. Excellent service.
Old 29 November 2006, 06:42 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Used him a few times with no issues
Old 29 November 2006, 06:55 PM
loony toon
Scooby Regular

Ian at Godspeed is a top fella and you can trust him 100% !!!!

His quality of workmanship is excellent and his products show this too. I know many people with the conversion that you are talking about and not one has made a complaint or been anything but happy with what they paid for .

If your close enough to visit Ian in his little workshop then go and see him for yourself and you can see where all the majic happens !!!!

Tony
Old 29 November 2006, 07:46 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Used him twice, absolutely top guy

If you need to contact him, e-mail is better. Phoning him during the working day just makes his service slower, he's a one-man operation, so works very hard.

Alcazar
Old 29 November 2006, 08:48 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger

Thanks for highlighting this to me.

If that is fact we will consider in ensuring that him and his company are permanantly moderated concerning any conversation or discussion about him or his company on ScoobyNet.

His original user account was banned from ScoobyNet a number of years ago for trying to blatantly use ScoobyNet as a free advertising medium, even after countless promises of support by him by the normal methods (i.e. paying for the priviledge) never coming to fruition.
Old 29 November 2006, 11:07 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

had some on a gti6 discs looked good but warped very quickly and so did the second set he sent out.
you get what you pay for they are cheap for a reason.
Old 29 November 2006, 11:34 PM
stevebennett
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by webmaster

If that is fact we will consider in ensuring that him and his company are permanantly moderated concerning any conversation or discussion about him or his company on ScoobyNet.

His original user account was banned from ScoobyNet a number of years ago for trying to blatantly use ScoobyNet as a free advertising medium, even after countless promises of support by him by the normal methods (i.e. paying for the priviledge) never coming to fruition.

Shame you cant ban the ***** that are ruining the forum, but you will constantly monitor a persons user account so that you get a bit of extra cash in your back pocket!

Just shows that the owners of the forum are losing direction and now only in this for a money making exercise and are not for the Scooby Brand.

Last edited by stevebennett; 29 November 2006 at 11:36 PM.
Old 30 November 2006, 12:52 AM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

I have had good but sometimes slow service from Ian. At Santa Pod he was happy to share his knowledge of all things based around stopping efficiently & did not use a heavy handed sales pitch.

Been running mine for a while now (April 04) & still looking & performing well.

Mark
Old 30 November 2006, 04:21 AM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

Bad service,slow to deal then sent wrong kit.
Total crap.

In order to answer your question Ian I was tasked by a customer to order replacement discs and pads ,the fixings you sent to refit the discs to the bell were not only wrong but there where not enough of them either, after many many unanswered calls(I think you went away?) and after the hassle we had ordering the kit I was sick of the site of the car so at cost to me I had to find a supplier for the fixings at cost to me time wise as well as financial.
Also imho tbh I think these kits are total overkill for road use as the pads on the ones I saw make a hell of a noise until warm, this led to customer disatisfaction.
The owner of the car a scoobynetter himself wished with hindsight he had sold them on and gone on to subaru 4 pots and a good disc /pad combo.
My comment above was maybee a tad harsh but my dealings of the product /prices and service where poor.. Not to mention my call regards the above was never returned.Oh yes and as I recall the fact you where not a vat registered company was not made clear untill the invoice received.
No offence intended just an honest answer to the thread.
From a "authorised advertiser"...And regards that yes its expensive but rules are rules maybee if all who should paid then prices would be lower??

Last edited by Scoobybits; 30 November 2006 at 09:14 AM.
Old 30 November 2006, 08:40 AM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

Wrong , I work next door to Ian's old workshop , yes I have fitted plenty of his kits , I also get to see whats going on there regarding new stuff ect , so yes I will plug there kits , and stick up for him when he gets slated on here , after all he cant do it for himself...

Webmaster - can you explain how different it was what Ian was doing , compared to Stockcar then (AS performance) ? Now I have no beef whatsoever with Stockcar as I can see that he is very helpfull on here , but it was exactly the same as what Ian was doing on here , both giving advice , both talking about what they sell , and both adding to details on group buy threads others started. And neither were paying advertisers ,

I think you would get more revenue if you dropped your advertising cost to a more realistic price compared to other forums , what are you charging , £200 a month , which has got to be passed onto the customer , so how's that helping the members on here

Steve Bennet - Well said that man !!

Chris
Old 30 November 2006, 09:19 AM
stevebennett
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by awd wrx

Chris
PH is more popular then on here and to be honest you dont get the cr4p that has been dealt out to members on here recently.

But speaking to a few mates who have used Ian, the Kits are as good as AP/ALcon but without the high prices. When fund permit i will have no problems using Ian for Brake Kits.

But if you are expecting service of walking into a motor factors to get replacements parts then you will feel let down, these are custom made kits, and wil take time to get replcement parts if one breaks or you need one for your MOT, But if you are forward thinking then you would think MOT Time, i need to check them so i can order them just in case they do need replacing.
Old 30 November 2006, 09:21 AM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

Steve that was possibly where my customers problem arose..last minute order that went wrong
Good point tbh.
Old 10 December 2006, 01:09 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by awd wrx
Wrong , I work next door to Ian's old workshop , yes I have fitted plenty of his kits , I also get to see whats going on there regarding new stuff ect , so yes I will plug there kits , and stick up for him when he gets slated on here , after all he cant do it for himself...

Webmaster - can you explain how different it was what Ian was doing , compared to Stockcar then (AS performance) ? Now I have no beef whatsoever with Stockcar as I can see that he is very helpfull on here , but it was exactly the same as what Ian was doing on here , both giving advice , both talking about what they sell , and both adding to details on group buy threads others started. And neither were paying advertisers ,

I think you would get more revenue if you dropped your advertising cost to a more realistic price compared to other forums , what are you charging , £200 a month , which has got to be passed onto the customer , so how's that helping the members on here

Chris
No, it was not the same as what Ian was doing!! He was blatantly flogging his wares, and then countless times he had promised to "put his money where his mouth was" and pay for that advantage that others were and are still happy to do. This is not a charity.

As regards to the price..... unfortunately we can not lower prices on ScoobyNet to other sites that may be tin pot ones. ScooobyNet is THE biggest Subaru community website in Europe and Asia out right and geographically in the World. When you want the best targetted exposure, you have to pay for it.

Lets face facts..... many commercial companies are willing to pay the prices for the immense expsoure they get in return on ScoobyNet. If you want maximum exposure to a specific target audience, then you pays your money. We have advertising schemes available from £50 up to £1500 per month. If you think £50 is too expensive then are you really a commercial business.
Old 10 December 2006, 02:42 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

I have set my 355 kit aside now (well about a year ago now !!) ..... The brake parts make good 'Door stops' ...... But they were expensive 'door stops' :rolleyes .

a few Godspeed links :-

3 (Note the moderators response to me trying to get some answers0

Just my two penneth ..

BTW, I had Hi-spec on my classic, excellent speed and excellent products ..... Just wished I had gone that route now.

You live and learn.
Old 10 December 2006, 07:24 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger

You believe coffin dodger who is PSlewis = compulsive liar
Old 11 December 2006, 09:20 AM
stevebennett
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by webmaster
ScooobyNet is THE biggest Subaru community website in Europe and Asia out right and geographically in the World.
Just cause you are apparently the biggest doesnt make you the best! Far from it.

Quick Reply: is godspeed a good company