Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Barretts Canterbury

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2006, 01:20 PM
Marky9074
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Barretts Canterbury

Probably get moved but....

What has happened? Dealer has shut up and dissapeared?

I know that the place went rapidly downhill after Paul went to Citroen, but to completely shut up?

So where do I go now?

Probably use the Motorsport for servicing (instead of the leftovers from the Rover franchise).....

Mark
Old 05 July 2006, 05:05 PM
Marky9074
Scooby Regular

Nobody?
Old 05 July 2006, 11:44 PM
Tim W
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They've abandoned Subaru alltogether, wasn't making enough money for them I guess...one wonders how long Motorsport will have if they no longer have direct access to the parts department...
Old 06 July 2006, 12:03 AM
WR1 Ant
Scooby Regular

Thats my local dealer I was told that they got the hump about subaru awarding a franchise for another garage to open a new dealership in ashford they said it was two close so they said bollocks too subaru and shut up shop I have since heard that the ashford dealership is not happening now as far as I know barretts are still a dealer for serviceing and parts but just not selling new subarus any more.
Old 06 July 2006, 07:07 AM
Marky9074
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WR1 Ant
Thats my local dealer I was told that they got the hump about subaru awarding a franchise for another garage to open a new dealership in ashford they said it was two close so they said bollocks too subaru and shut up shop I have since heard that the ashford dealership is not happening now as far as I know barretts are still a dealer for serviceing and parts but just not selling new subarus any more.
Yeah they still service but use their Rover cronees! I am reverting to the motorsport division (for as long as they last). Ashford is just as far away as Maidstone isnt it? So doesnt sound that credible. Have to dig further...
Old 06 July 2006, 07:08 AM
Marky9074
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tim W
They've abandoned Subaru alltogether, wasn't making enough money for them I guess...one wonders how long Motorsport will have if they no longer have direct access to the parts department...
I think that is down to Paul moving. He was the only one that new anything about anything. When I went in there last they did not know what a P1 was
Old 22 September 2006, 11:38 AM
RICKSTER555
Scooby Regular

Smile BARRETTS SERVICING

It seems that people should maybe get there facts right on a few points, The 2 technicians that work in the subaru workshop are both ex techs of the motorsport rally team and yes they do work on Rovers as well but they are more than qualified to work on subarus. The only difference in the booking system is that now you go through a main desk and the girls there deal with many different franchises, but i feel sure they would recognise a P1! if not ask to speak to the workshop if its a technical problem. As for paul leaving, yes he had a good understanding of the mark but there are still plenty of people with the same knowledge and more.Hope this clears the above points up.
Old 22 September 2006, 06:13 PM
cwt
Scooby Regular

Default barretts

hi all spoke with phil the other day i can agree they do know there stuff the only thing i found that phil him self is not customer focused as i have found elsewhere !!!thats my findings.
Spoke with him the other day he said there were moving the motorsport part into the main baretts workshop enabling them too use ramps and better eqiupment and so on he was,nt too sure if this was going ahead at all but since this thread well i juess so

craig.