Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Westcoast Suzuki Motorcycles - Irvine

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2006, 02:36 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Westcoast Suzuki Motorcycles - Irvine

My bike had a minor "off" back in September and has just been repaired by Westcoast Suzuki in Irvine.

Apologies for the saga in advance......

The following is a factual account of events and although I have my own opinions on this dealership, I'll refrain from posting them and allow you to come to your own conclusions.

Bike accident was September 2005 and liability dispute ensued.

Liability sorted end of January/start of February 2006 and go ahead given to Westcoast to start repairs.

At the start of February Westcoast were in receipt of the authorisation and started ordering parts for the repair. At the time I asked if my bike would be repaired in time for the Scottish Bike Show on March 12th and was assured that it should be as my repair was a "one day job" cosmetic damage only.

Middle of February I was called and told that my fairing panel was out of stock and that there were no fairing panels in the whole of the UK. My panel was being sent from Japan with the latest delivery date of 17th March being given. I was also told that there was a good chance that the panel would arrive quicker, possibly even in time for the Bike Show but they stick to the date given and anything earlier is a bonus.

The 17th March came and went and there was no explaination as to where my panel was. Another was ordered.... Next day delivery this time

The parts guy also happened to mention that the start of March is not a good time for bodywork due to new bikes being built up and sold out.

By Friday 31st March my panel had arrived so I called to get the bike booked in, however they realised that my repair estimate consisted of 2 pages and the items on page 2 had not been ordered..... page 2 consisted of an exhaust can!

I was told that the exhaust would be ordered and in stock the next week, probably Monday 3rd April.

I called on Friday the 7th, and still no exhaust. I was further told that the van driver who would be collecting the bike was due to go on paternity leave as his missus was due to have their child that weekend, and that should she drop, he'd be off and my bike wouldn't be collected.

On Monday 10th April, I called again and was told that the good news was that my exhaust was there, but "unfortunately" the van drivers wife had their child and getting the bike in was now a problem.....

I politely told them that if the bike was still under my roof that evening, the repair would be going elsewhere. About 2 hours later I got a call from the parts guy driving the van asking how to get into my estate! Funny that.

So, he took the bike off of me and told me that it was booked in to be repaied on Wednesday 12th April and that it'd be delivered back to me on Thursday or Friday. I also had 2 new tyres to go on the bike and the guy said they'd fit them for me free of charge due to the fact that I had been messed about so much and not to mention that the job was over £2k anyway!

I called on Thursday 13th to see if the bike was getting delivered and guess what? Another problem. They had ordered the wrong engine casing..... I was told that due to the holiday weekend it'd be Tuesday 18th at the earliest.

So, I called back on Tuesday and was told that the engine casing was in, and the bike was being built up and would be ready next morning. Woo-Hoo!

Phoned them on Wednesday morning and was told bike is not ready.... need to order "special bolts" I was told that the bolts would be in on the afternoon parts delivery and that they'd be fitted as soon as the mechanic had his lunch???

I told them I'd be there at 3pm to collect the bike.... to have it ready.

So....... I'm in Irvine at about 2:30pm and I get a call from Westcoast... the fairing panel saga has started again..... They have ordered a panel for a 2005 bike and mine is a 2004!!!! I'm 5 minutes from the dealership and the first time anyone has thought to check the part was as it was being fitted to the bike, even though it had lay gathering dust for 3 weeks!

However, I was assured that the correct panel would be in next day even though the original panel took 6 weeks. Hmmmmmm.

By this time, they had built my bike up, damaged fairing and all, and the mechanic was out road testing it when I got there. When he returned they washed it down, damage and all....

I asked why they had rebuilt it and road tested it if it wasn't fixed. No reasonable answer received.

So they asked if I could come back the next day to collect it, and I told them that I had wasted enough days due to them and that I was taking my bike and they could arrange to have the fairing fitted when it arrives.

I complained bitterly and against my better judgement, kept my cool. All I received was an apology. Big deal.

I told them that their outfit was amatuer at best and they kept blaming the bike, saying it was "one thing after another"!!!!!

So, my bike is home, still damaged. Westcoast will be billing the insurers for £2000+ and I have no idea when my fairing is coming/getting fitted.

Oh yeah, by way of compensation, they "kindly" offered to waive my tyre fitting charge!!!!

LMAO, after telling me they'd do it free, they tried to use the £20 charge waiver as a sweetener!

By the way, my bike is a 2004, K4 Suzuki GSXR 600, so not exactly rare or thin on the ground parts wise.

Draw your own conclusions.....
Old 17 May 2006, 11:08 AM
Liam_uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you have a PM