Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

API ENGINES - ABSOLUTE QUALITY

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2006, 12:13 AM
v5 man
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default API ENGINES - ABSOLUTE QUALITY

I went to API today with Swiss Tony to collect his new bottom end from David and the guys at API and im 100% certain it wont be my last visit

You`d be hard pushed to find a place to get your scoob sorted that is more friendlier, where the staff are more knowledgeable, where the bits to buy make your mouth water, and where you find yourself wondering when you`ve left if they`ve got any job vacancies

David took the time to talk me through a few problem issues on my scoob and I left with a better picture of where I need to be looking in my rocky road to a fast and reliable scoob.

Thanks David, it was a pleasure meeting you and the boys, see you soon and thanks for the coffee

Cliff
Old 12 February 2006, 12:42 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good tribute V5Man.

David works hard to build a good rep and by all accounts he earns it in real life as well as behind the keyboard. He's advised me concisely and in good nature (by PM also so no wider audience to reach) and I've not even spent a penny with him....yet.

What's Chris upto then? Uprated internals or standard rebuild?

I'm sure SwissTony will be along shortly to share the news.

J
Old 12 February 2006, 01:38 AM
95blackWRX
Scooby Regular

yeah i agree. i recently bought set of coils from API,and david was kind enough to talk over some other problems i had. first class service highly reccommeded
Old 12 February 2006, 08:07 AM
Neilo
Scooby Regular

I was there also to drop my remaining parts off, first class service again, Nathan is also a very very helpful chap too. I cant wait till i get my car back from them in a couple/3 weeks!

(Bacon and egg butty was gorgeous!)
Old 12 February 2006, 09:22 AM
Si white
Scooby Newbie

I would also have to agree with you there i had a full engine rebuild done by David and his team and the service i recieved was top notch. I would recommend API to anyone who had a problem wiv there scoob!
Old 12 February 2006, 09:26 AM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

excellent service from the all the staff, good prices, what more could you want
Old 12 February 2006, 10:11 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup echo what was all said above and more.
David is a very helpful and knowledgeable guy and I cant thank him enough for all the work him and his team have done (so far ) in sorting my car out with its recent troubles.

The scoob has developed way way low compression problems and so needed a new short block and after many weeks of discussions, got David to build me a new WRX block, plus cambelt and head gaskets. They did it in around 3 days and went up saturday with V5 man to pick it up.

Never see so much activity and scoobs in one place. Looked like chaos, but no doubt it was all organised chaos and even though there were loads of people vying for davis's attention,he made time for myself and V5 man to ask our numpty questions

The place is a kid's playground, could spend hours in there just picking out nice shiney bits i would like for my car
Next xmas, just go up there ,take a few photos and then when someone asks what you want for xmas, just show them the photos

The short block looked class and I even got a free pallet thrown in

Even though there was so much activity, david allows you to wander around the workshop and the storage areas and have a good look. it is worth it just for that, though paying for stuff is still painful

oh and get there early, as the first ppl there tend to nick all the bacon sarnies !!!
(you lot know who you are..)

Top man, top service and top team.Thank you
Old 12 February 2006, 10:46 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by JTaylor
Good tribute V5Man.

David works hard to build a good rep and by all accounts he earns it in real life as well as behind the keyboard. He's advised me concisely and in good nature (by PM also so no wider audience to reach) and I've not even spent a penny with him....yet.

Yep, David has PM'd answers to my questions on many occassions, when he's had nothing to publically gain from it. He's been a great help in advising the best way to upgrade my Scooby without compromising reliability.

Great price and service when I ordered a clutch on a GB too.

Hope to get up there in the not too distant future to get some work done.

NS04
Old 12 February 2006, 01:18 PM
seab
Scooby Regular

Same here picked my car up on weds, dont think will be taking it anywhere else from now on!
Old 12 February 2006, 06:16 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're making me blush guys

Service is what it's called and I insist that my guys behave accordingly.

Thanks for all your kind comments, it really is appreciated

Seab; I have a name and a number for you in Caldecote to get that temp sender fitted. l'll call you tomorrow.

Kind regards all - David and the gang at APi

www.apiengines.com