Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Poor show Prodrive

Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2006, 06:56 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Poor show Prodrive

I recently found out that my MY01 WRX PPP was first registered and owned by Prodrive and given to Robert Reid, no less, as his Prodrive company car

When I bought the car, the PPP certificate was not present so I had been making enquiries to trace it's whereabouts, or alternatively a replacement.

Obviously the presence of the certificate can make as much as £1000 of a difference to the value of the car.

Anyway, the servicing dealer told me that they did not fit the PPP at the 1000 mile service, but that Prodrive themselves fitted the Pack from new.

Back in November I contacted Prodrive by phone to find out if they would be willing to track down the certificate, or alternatively issue a new one, in the off-chance that a certificate was never completed at time of fitting.

I left messages and voicemails however Prodrive never returned my calls.

I then emailed them asking if they thought they'd be able to help me, however not even an acknowledgement.

I then pm'd MikeWood of this very BBS to see if he could use his clout to sort me out. No reply to pm's. Even a "No" would have been nice Mike

I then pm'd the webby, to see if he had other means of contacting MikeWood, just in the off-chance that he hadn't received my pm's, which he obviously did, as he's been posting on the forum long since I pm'd him.......

Webby, to his credit took all of my details and said he'd see what he could do, which was more than anyone else up until this point.

To date, I've heard zero from Prodrive, and my car goes to the dealers tomorrow, as a WRX PPP minus PPP certificate

I wonder if Prodrive will make up the grand shortfall that the missing certificate accounts for?

So, all in all, Thank you Prodrive! You are quick enough to take £1000-£1600 from us Scooby owners for PPP's yet when it comes to a bit of customer service, you suck!
Old 11 January 2006, 06:59 PM
C_B_B
Scooby Regular

Did you not haggle £1000 off the price when you purchased the car then?
Old 11 January 2006, 07:00 PM
explore
Scooby Regular

lol @ prodrive, you spend your money on this and all i have done to my car is change the back box and up'd the psi a very little bit and i have more power that pp gives you, yes that is bhp and torque
Old 11 January 2006, 07:01 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

Originally Posted by explore
lol @ prodrive, you spend your money on this and all i have done to my car is change the back box and up'd the psi a very little bit and i have more power that pp gives you, yes that is bhp and torque

Sounds good until your engine goes bang, then where do you go for warranty work?
Old 11 January 2006, 07:07 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

have you contacted robert reid?
Old 11 January 2006, 07:10 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by C_B_B
Did you not haggle £1000 off the price when you purchased the car then?
The car was a fair price for a PPP'd WRX at the time. Even in the absence of the certificate, I foolishly thought it'd be a fairly straightforward matter of getting it replaced. I daresay that if the Pack were fitte dby a dealer, I'd have been sorted out

Originally Posted by explore
Okaaaaaayyyy

Originally Posted by bob r
have you contacted robert reid?
Tried at the time, but his website was down, and then with the passing of RB, I didn't want to bother him.
Old 11 January 2006, 07:49 PM
Dave_68
Scooby Regular

When I bought my 05 STi (independent dealer) I bought it as a standard STi (with Prodrive back box) I thought it seemed quick so phoned Prodrive, couldn't get an answer straight away but was phoned back a couple of days later with the good news that it was PPP'd was also told I could order a replacement certificate from my dealer...

Strange you are getting no joy when I found them very helpful.
Old 11 January 2006, 07:52 PM
PPPsteveo
Scooby Regular

Having a similar problem with my sti, bought the car from a local not main dealer...test drive blew me away put down a deposit, came back home to sort out my insurance..as ya do...and they wanted £190 more than they'd quoted me for a standard sti, asked why and was told that the car was insurance listed as a 301 bhp ppp, so told the dealer....who went red in the face as it was very well priced , it went in for a main service, payed for by the local boys and the guy asked him about it, ' oh yes thats one of the fast ones' was his reply.....erm wheres the certificate then???? going to phone them this week cos of a weird brake noise so i'll ask again about it....i'm the same tho, if i sell it i want to be able to prove its the real deal.
Old 11 January 2006, 09:38 PM
explore
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip Sengravy
Sounds good until your engine goes bang, then where do you go for warranty work?
boost is all under lims be check and is running safely, warranty almost up been running like this from almost new
Old 11 January 2006, 10:31 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Default Update from Prodrive

MikeWood has pm'd me and informed me that when I pm'd him on 24th November, he passed my query onto the person who deals with Prodrive company cars to be dealt with.

Mike has apologised for not replying and letting me know that he had passed my query on and I accept that this was perhaps an oversight on his part.

Hopefully Mike will now chase up the certificate so that I can pass it onto the dealer for the next owners benefit.

The Power of ScoobyNet! I waited 2 months for a reply from Prodrive yet got one in a couple of hours via SN!
Old 11 January 2006, 10:47 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

What you trading in for ???
Old 11 January 2006, 11:22 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
What you trading in for ???
You don't wanna know Stephen.....

A Golf GT TDI PD 150....... impending fatherhood and all that!
Old 12 January 2006, 12:04 AM
Rob82uk
Scooby Regular

speaking as a father

how on earth is a golf more practical than a scooby. They both have the same ammount of cabin space

or is just financial reasons ?
Old 12 January 2006, 12:08 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by talizman
I recently found out that my MY01 WRX PPP was first registered and owned by Prodrive and given to Robert Reid, no less, as his Prodrive company car

When I bought the car, the PPP certificate was not present so I had been making enquiries to trace it's whereabouts, or alternatively a replacement.

Obviously the presence of the certificate can make as much as £1000 of a difference to the value of the car.

Anyway, the servicing dealer told me that they did not fit the PPP at the 1000 mile service, but that Prodrive themselves fitted the Pack from new.

Back in November I contacted Prodrive by phone to find out if they would be willing to track down the certificate, or alternatively issue a new one, in the off-chance that a certificate was never completed at time of fitting.

I left messages and voicemails however Prodrive never returned my calls.

I then emailed them asking if they thought they'd be able to help me, however not even an acknowledgement.

I then pm'd MikeWood of this very BBS to see if he could use his clout to sort me out. No reply to pm's. Even a "No" would have been nice Mike

I then pm'd the webby, to see if he had other means of contacting MikeWood, just in the off-chance that he hadn't received my pm's, which he obviously did, as he's been posting on the forum long since I pm'd him.......

Webby, to his credit took all of my details and said he'd see what he could do, which was more than anyone else up until this point.

To date, I've heard zero from Prodrive, and my car goes to the dealers tomorrow, as a WRX PPP minus PPP certificate

I wonder if Prodrive will make up the grand shortfall that the missing certificate accounts for?

So, all in all, Thank you Prodrive! You are quick enough to take £1000-£1600 from us Scooby owners for PPP's yet when it comes to a bit of customer service, you suck!

If you knew this, why didnt you find an owner of standard WRX that would have swopped all PPP parts over, at least then you could have got some of the 1k loss back.?

Just a thought.
Old 12 January 2006, 12:25 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up

Mike has apologised for not replying and letting me know that he had passed my query on and I accept that this was perhaps an oversight on his part.
Mike has always been a Gent Good luck with the Nappies and Sale

Tony
Old 12 January 2006, 01:19 AM
ZippyLane
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob82uk
speaking as a father

how on earth is a golf more practical than a scooby. They both have the same ammount of cabin space

Good question..
Old 12 January 2006, 08:09 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob82uk
speaking as a father

Who said the Golf was more "practical"?

Cars are roughly the same size and both have circa 240 lb/ft torque, but the Golf returns 50 mpg Vs 19 mpg in the Scoob! Not to mention that the insurance on the Scoob is double the Golf.

Yes, my reasons are purely financial.

Originally Posted by T5NYW
Mike has always been a Gent Good luck with the Nappies and Sale

Tony
Thanks Tony
Old 13 January 2006, 07:33 AM
jimmy boo
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Talizman

Taking delivery of MY03 STi a week today

SSSHHHHHH for now though

Boo
Old 13 January 2006, 09:36 AM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jimmy boo
Hey Talizman

Taking delivery of MY03 STi a week today

SSSHHHHHH for now though

Boo
Excellent Boo!

Is it PPP'd?

What colour?
Old 13 January 2006, 04:35 PM
jimmy boo
Scooby Regular

Excellent Boo!

Is it PPP'd?

What colour?
PPP'd........erm,not yet

WR blue.....and yes with the gold alloys........I know I know, I like it and I dont care what anyone says
Old 13 January 2006, 05:16 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jimmy boo
PPP'd........erm,not yet

WR blue.....and yes with the gold alloys........I know I know, I like it and I dont care what anyone says
Don't drive a PPP'd one Boo, or else you'll be volunteering for all the o/t going!
Old 14 January 2006, 07:33 AM
jimmy boo
Scooby Regular

Don't drive a PPP'd one Boo, or else you'll be volunteering for all the o/t going!
O/T?.........**** that,I work to live not live to work so i'll take your advice.......for now