Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Where to buy an in car tripod / video camera mount..?

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2005, 06:40 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where to buy an in car tripod / video camera mount..?

Having blasted around Knockill Circuit last week and viewed the external footage my mate took... I am craving a more 'Getaway..' look.. thinking about getting some kind of in car mount / windscreen mount... having said that would be nice to include the steering wheel etc in shot... also toying with the idea of a cheap camera to get the rec counter and splice in the footage... maybe not but at some pount

Would like to see installation fotos and how it is mounted - looking to have this in place for next track day next month..

Please include supplier details & costs if possible..

If I don't get much on this I'll resort to gaffer tape!
Old 14 August 2005, 06:48 PM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haven't got one yet, but I found a decent looking one on Ebay US for about £60 which sucks onto the rear window, pointing the camera between the seats, which gives the best shot. Deom Tweaks do a similar one for about £100, which I recon is a bit pricey.
Got some good footage at Knockhill in my Golf by drilling through the (MDF) parcel shelf, and putting a screw through which has the same thread as a tripod. Done the same on the Scoob, but not track tested it yet.
Of you can it's worth tirnig the camers round too, and getting footage of the car behind you
Isn't Knockhill ace? flying over the blind chicane and drifting out of it - complete with view over the river and Edinborough is surreal on a track.
Old 14 August 2005, 06:55 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pwhittle
haven't got one yet, but I found a decent looking one on Ebay US for about £60 which sucks onto the rear window, pointing the camera between the seats, which gives the best shot. Deom Tweaks do a similar one for about £100, which I recon is a bit pricey.
Got some good footage at Knockhill in my Golf by drilling through the (MDF) parcel shelf, and putting a screw through which has the same thread as a tripod. Done the same on the Scoob, but not track tested it yet.
Of you can it's worth tirnig the camers round too, and getting footage of the car behind you
Isn't Knockhill ace? flying over the blind chicane and drifting out of it - complete with view over the river and Edinborough is surreal on a track.
Sweet, will check out ebay.com BTW yep Knockill .. found myself having to *trust the car... lol yep the chicanes a laugh! Hairpin... then flat up the straight.. what a laugh!!

ahh well new to track days so will get used to it... heading up for Hot Marques night (1st Monday of every month) then the SIDC day... cannae wait to get back on there.. mind you new dot 5.1 before then!
Old 14 August 2005, 07:10 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who's your Daddy?

Simon
Old 14 August 2005, 07:33 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
LOL