Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Jap Innovations??

Search this Thread

Old 15 July 2005, 01:28 PM
Roy.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jap Innovations??

Having serious problems getting in contact over the phone?? have i got the wrong number 0161 652 0920??

Help.
Old 15 July 2005, 01:36 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Roy.
Having serious problems getting in contact over the phone?? have i got the wrong number 0161 652 0920??

Help.
Closed at the moment Roy and doesn't look like they'll be back up and running for a while. Appears to be some difficulties internally. Not my place to go in to any further detail but sure you get the picture.
Old 15 July 2005, 02:19 PM
Roy.
Scooby Regular

Thanks RLE.
That's a blomin shame, just about to order some MRT goodies aswell.

Hope they can work through it.
Old 15 July 2005, 04:38 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face

I think they have finally come to there sences and Liquidated...
Old 15 July 2005, 07:17 PM
Roy.
Scooby Regular

mmmmm!!!!! have I missed something?
Old 15 July 2005, 08:07 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Roy.
mmmmm!!!!! have I missed something?
Just Sam talking twaddle as he's had a bad experience with them. Why you'd be glad a company had "folded" resulting in job losses is beyond me but there you go.

Jap Innovations was NOT insolvent. There appears to have been some differences between the partners (not because of the work to your car Sam ) which unfortunately haven't been sorted out. The consequences speak for themselves.

I for one have enjoyed several years of dealing with JI and their staff and hope they get back on the scene in one form or another. Sure I speak for many when I say they'll be missed.

Rob
Old 15 July 2005, 08:24 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

....life goes on......
Old 15 July 2005, 08:33 PM
Roy.
Scooby Regular

I see your from London Sam? long way to travel to have work done on your car, did everyone else tell you to bugger off?
Old 15 July 2005, 10:01 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

naa...actually Jap-inivations was the 1st place i went to after i bought my Scooby, maybe it was your post that i read of how good they are, that made me drive up.. onder2: ...

...been to many places since and am very happy with everyone else...and somewhat were further then Oldham, and well worth the drive and not a single complaint...

--Sam
ps: just realised you only have 80 odd posts...so it was not ur post that made me drive up...sorry for the confusion...

Last edited by SamUK; 15 July 2005 at 10:05 PM.
Old 15 July 2005, 10:30 PM
* * * KEV * * *
Scooby Regular

I've read many things about Jap Innovations over the past 2 weeks and not one bad thing has been said about them until I started to read this post and came across Sams comments.
These guys offered me free advice and a free check-up on my car when I first bought it 2 years ago and needless to say I have spent thousands on my car since, with Japs doing 99% of the work. In all honesty I can say I havn't had 1 complaint regarding any work they've done on my car and until tonight I've never heard anybody else complain either, I've even got 2 nephews with Evos who took their cars there and were totally satisfied!
They never sold me anything I didn't need and even advised me against certain things they thought would cause damage to the car in its current set-up, even though they would have gained financially by selling me those products.
There are 2 sayings that spring to mind when I see comments like Sams on this thread and they are;
1. You can't please everybody all the time and
2. YOU ALWAYS GET ONE!!!

Its quite clear that not everybody knows exactly whats gone on at Japs, but I for one do know, and just as soon as these guys decide to resurrect the business, I won't be the only one around here taking my custom back to them.

KEV
Old 15 July 2005, 10:46 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SamUK
....life goes on......
You said it mate..........although you'd have never have guessed it the way you carry on about the problems you had.

Seriously though Sam I'm glad you got sorted with TSL and it was a shame that Jap didn't meet your expectations. Guess everyone has bad experiences with certain companies at some time or another and my comments were purely intended as "tongue in cheek" Wasn't intending to create a "Lets have a go @ Sam environment"

Kev ........share the same sentiments mate. Dread to think about the money I spent there in the last 18 months but advice and products were top notch. Surprised to see my car develop how it did and thoroughly enjoyed dealing with them. Considered them all to be friends through time which makes the whole situation a lot worse. Speaking to Rich W last Sunday and he remains optimistic that we may see them in the future.

Fingers crossed and best of luck to the guys............