Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Crappy Service dept

Search this Thread

Old 14 June 2005, 03:17 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crappy Service dept

Just dropped my 05 Sti uk off at the dealer last night for it's 1000 mile service and to have the PPP put on it. The loan car they have given me in a horrible sickly yellow Fiat Panda. How bloody embarrasing driving that ??? The only saving grace is that it has the Dealers logo on the door with Courtesy car written on the side of it, so no one actually thinks I bought it.
Now, when I got in it the petrol warning light came on (don't they all) so I drove off to the nearest petrol station (approx 3 miles away), with in 1.5 miles it grindes to a halt, out of petrol !! So I phone up the service dept to complain. "can I phone you back in 2 mins sir??". As I was phoning them a van almost smashes right into the back of me. He must has missed by milimeters (I jump out of the car at this point) Almost ten mins later, they phone back. "We're sending a salesman to help you sir, he'll be there in 2 mins". Over ten mins later he turn's up (1.5 miles away remember), he gets out the car, doesn't utter a word to me, not an appology or nothing. pours the contents of a very small petrol can into the car, packs up his gear and turns to leave, still not uttering a word. So I shouts over to him "Hopefully I may get more than 5 f***king yards this time". Might as well have talked to the car, cos he never responded, just kept on heading towards his car, hops in and drives off.
Neadless to say, once I get my car back, I won't be useing this dealership again.
Fancy not making sure there's enough petrol in the loan car to get you to the nearest petrol station. I'll wait to see what they say, if anything when I collect my car. Don't know whether or not to write to the manager or not. Very much doubt it would do any good though.
Old 14 June 2005, 03:24 PM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Just dropped my 05 Sti uk off at the dealer last night for it's 1000 mile service and to have the PPP put on it. The loan car they have given me in a horrible sickly yellow Fiat Panda. How bloody embarrasing driving that ??? The only saving grace is that it has the Dealers logo on the door with Courtesy car written on the side of it, so no one actually thinks I bought it.
Now, when I got in it the petrol warning light came on (don't they all) so I drove off to the nearest petrol station (approx 3 miles away), with in 1.5 miles it grindes to a halt, out of petrol !! So I phone up the service dept to complain. "can I phone you back in 2 mins sir??". As I was phoning them a van almost smashes right into the back of me. He must has missed by milimeters (I jump out of the car at this point) Almost ten mins later, they phone back. "We're sending a salesman to help you sir, he'll be there in 2 mins". Over ten mins later he turn's up (1.5 miles away remember), he gets out the car, doesn't utter a word to me, not an appology or nothing. pours the contents of a very small petrol can into the car, packs up his gear and turns to leave, still not uttering a word. So I shouts over to him "Hopefully I may get more than 5 f***king yards this time". Might as well have talked to the car, cos he never responded, just kept on heading towards his car, hops in and drives off.
Neadless to say, once I get my car back, I won't be useing this dealership again.
Fancy not making sure there's enough petrol in the loan car to get you to the nearest petrol station. I'll wait to see what they say, if anything when I collect my car. Don't know whether or not to write to the manager or not. Very much doubt it would do any good though.
Not good at all. Whats the rev limiter in those things?
Old 14 June 2005, 03:34 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Don't think it reaches that far. To be honest, it has been a hoot. I'm taking as much miles out of the tyres as possible. That'll teach them. I did wizz round a corner and thought it was going to tip over though.
Old 14 June 2005, 03:39 PM
SCOOBY TOWERS
Scooby Regular

Maybe the salesman nipped to a garge to buy a gallon for you - top service IMHO.
Most garages ask the previous user to top the petrol back up to the level they got the car at !
I'd personally be after a natter with the guy / gal who had the load car before me and not the dealership.
Old 14 June 2005, 03:40 PM
SCOOBY TOWERS
Scooby Regular

oh and Ford KA's are great on two wheels
Old 14 June 2005, 03:52 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

TBH - "Courtesy car". They don't have to give you any sort of loan car. Ok, it varies by franchise and dealership and is becoming more common but it is after all free of charge.

As for the petrol, that is down to whoever borrowed it last. Ok, you could argue that they should check, but I would rather the dealer is concentrating his efforts on my car. as for the accident, that isn't really their fault is it? As for the parting comment to the guy who came out to help you....wonder if that gets back to the service dept? Personally, I wont take any crap, but likewise wont upset them as I don't know what they're doing to the car

IMHO
Old 14 June 2005, 05:25 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

If I'd never ran out of petrol, I wouldn't have been parked up on the side of the road, so a patential accident would never have accured.

It is surely the garages responsibility to make sure that any courtesy car they give to a customer should be road legal and in road worthy condition. A quick spot check of fuel, tyres etc by the service manager or mechanic would not take long. What if I was a pregnant woman, in the rain, with no mobile. If it was your wife/girlfriend. You'd play hell with the dealer.
Not having enough petrol to even make it to the petrol station. That is a joke.
Little touches by dealers like makeing sure enough petrol is in the car to get you to a petrol station, give the dealership a good reputation.
As for what they might do to my car? I told them a couple little things I wanted them to look at. If there not done, it only gives me more ammo to fire at them

Trending Topics

Old 14 June 2005, 08:26 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

as long as it's got a valid mot it should be roadworthy don't think fuel in it makes it roadworthy really!
Old 14 June 2005, 09:52 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
If it was your wife/girlfriend. You'd play hell with the dealer.
Actually.....

I take your point but remember that they are human and it may have just got missed. Just think shouting at the guy who came out to help probably didn't help your cause. Let's hope the apprentice doesn't take it home tonight for his mates to play with
Old 15 June 2005, 07:59 AM
tmo
Scooby Regular

General rule of thumb ... when given a loan car the first thing you try is the hand brake
Old 17 June 2005, 01:20 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by tmo
General rule of thumb ... when given a loan car the first thing you try is the hand brake
lol

Q.WHAT'S THE FASTEST CAR IN THE WORLD?

A. A HIRE CAR!
Old 17 June 2005, 01:58 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by SCOOBY TOWERS
oh and Ford KA's are great on two wheels
When you progressively load up the fronts to get the rears waggling, or on its side. Either are fun in a courtesy car.