Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

API Engines

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2005, 02:39 PM
gljam
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default API Engines

I've got a bloody annoying oil leak at the moment that i need to get sorted as soon as i get back off the honeymoon

as far as i know it's the seal between the gearbox and sump (so i've been told by the local numpty dealership) however it could be anywhere
At the moment it's dripping oil onto the exhaust causing plenty of smoke and a lovely burning smell, i bodged a bit of a heat shield onto it for the time being but it's far from ideal.

I was originally considering scoobyclinic, i like the sound of their prices and i've heard plenty of good reviews but it's a little far for me to travel if it's going to take more than a day to sort out.
Not sure if powerstation would be interested, it's only a sport/GL and i don't know if they deal with this type of thing

So i thought i'd give API a go, heard a couple of good things about them but i thought i ask for more comments, what are their labour rates like ( i'm not made of money unfortunatley ) and if it's going to be more than a day do they supply a courtesy car

obviously i'll be contacting them so i'll be able to find out most of this info but i thought i'd get a few independant views as well

cheers
Jam

btw any other recommendations for the midlands (worcester/cheltenham etc) area will be greatly recieved
Old 29 May 2005, 04:43 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Yes Powerstation would be interested..
It's not just the flash stuff we work on.

We've got a VW Camper in at the moment having a major overhaul.

Andy

Last edited by Fuzz; 29 May 2005 at 04:47 PM.
Old 29 May 2005, 04:43 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We'd be happy to sort you, Problem may be our workload - we're solid for about 3 weeks at the moment. I'd expect it to be a rocker cover gasket but then again it could be a cam seal or even a crank seal. Time for the job largely depends upon what it might be.

Perhaps an idea would be to pop along to us for a looksee and once we know the extent of the problem we can decide what's best.

regards David APi Engines / APi lmpreza
www.apiengines.com
Old 29 May 2005, 05:40 PM
gljam
Scooby Regular

cheers guys

i won't be able to get it sorted for about 3-4 weeks anyway, off on honeymoon for a fortnight in a week or so
Personally powerstation would be easier for me as it's only 15mins down the road, but i'll give you both a call and see what's what after the wedding

Thanks again Andy and David
Old 29 May 2005, 05:42 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular