Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Motorpoint - Subaru's

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2005, 04:22 PM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motorpoint - Subaru's

I assume Motopoints Subaru's are Euro imports, hence the price.

Are they the same specification?
How is the car's warranty handled?

TIA

Buck
Old 25 May 2005, 05:56 PM
Karl-AL
Scooby Regular

i have been to motor point i live near to it, it depends on what model you are looking at if its the sti you will notice there is no DCCD or alarm and tracker on there models, they are normaly imported from cyprus i think there are some other differances to the type uk but im not sure what they are. I dont really know anything about WRX cause i was only looking at the sti.
Old 25 May 2005, 06:23 PM
Mungo
Scooby Regular

Their cars have been known to come from Cyprus - RHD but not a Euro-import.
Be very careful to find out exactly where your car has come from otherwise you may be driving away with a lot less warranty than you could.
Old 25 May 2005, 07:54 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Better to deal with a well respected importer

www.litchfieldimports.co.uk
Old 25 May 2005, 08:09 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

I went through motor point..car came from Malta and was full Uk Spec, a MY03 WRX.
Great service from them in setting it all up, nice chunk off the price.
Warranty wise they told me that it only had one year (i modded so soon it didn't matter anyway) but by all accounts Subaru offer a 2 year factory warranty regardless of where you get the car...and this was told to me by a franchised UK dealer when it went in for a service.
Old 25 May 2005, 09:05 PM
KeithRS
Scooby Regular

motorpoints cars are all euro imports, they come with 3 year manufacturers warranty, and yeh there are some things that arent on the type uk's. Youll need to get a cat 1 alarm, cat 1 tracker and some locking wheel nuts fitted yourself (total £1000) to match the uk spec sti's.

For the warranty you will have to make contact with subaru in malta who are helpfull to say the least. they will send you the service book and waranty guide, and also arrange for for your car to be registered for repairs in the uk. simple.

motorpoint sell two variants of the sti. one is standard without dccd and bridgestone re040 tyres, and the other they call the extreme with dccd and re070 tyres. extreme models are about £1000 to £1500 more expensive than the standard retailing at £21000.

When i bought my sti, motorpoint were very helpfull and cant fault them.
Old 26 May 2005, 07:30 PM
pmarch
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KeithRS
motorpoints cars are all euro imports, they come with 3 year manufacturers warranty, and yeh there are some things that arent on the type uk's. Youll need to get a cat 1 alarm, cat 1 tracker and some locking wheel nuts fitted yourself (total £1000) to match the uk spec sti's.

For the warranty you will have to make contact with subaru in malta who are helpfull to say the least. they will send you the service book and waranty guide, and also arrange for for your car to be registered for repairs in the uk. simple.

motorpoint sell two variants of the sti. one is standard without dccd and bridgestone re040 tyres, and the other they call the extreme with dccd and re070 tyres. extreme models are about £1000 to £1500 more expensive than the standard retailing at £21000.

When i bought my sti, motorpoint were very helpfull and cant fault them.
it occurs to me that when you consider Subaru UK dealers are currently offering free PPP, the so called 'saving' is piffling and not worth all the hassle of fitting alarms etc. I expect Subaru will continue to have more marketing offers and throw in freebie bits.
Old 27 May 2005, 05:36 PM
KeithRS
Scooby Regular

Theres no hassle in fitting the alarms and tracker. Just tell motorpoint at time of purchase which you want installed and they do the rest. You get all necessary certification from them when collecting the car. I do agree however that now PPP is included with subaru uk deals, both options should be considered. Just go to both and work out which on the road price is cheaper.
Old 04 July 2005, 05:16 PM
jacksdad
Scooby Regular

Smile

Just been to Motorpoint glasgow at the weekend, enquiring about a new 55 plate wrx in black.

Total all in price with Thatcham 1 alarm, tracker monitor etc is £16,700 otr. Main dealer price in Aberdeen is £20,300 plus tracker = £21,000.

£4,300 in my pocket. Comes with 3 year warranty.

Roll on 1st September.

Originally Posted by KeithRS
Theres no hassle in fitting the alarms and tracker. Just tell motorpoint at time of purchase which you want installed and they do the rest. You get all necessary certification from them when collecting the car. I do agree however that now PPP is included with subaru uk deals, both options should be considered. Just go to both and work out which on the road price is cheaper.
Old 05 July 2005, 04:59 PM
SCOOBYBALL
Scooby Regular

but what they dont tell you is if u have a uk ppp fitted to either sti or wrx from cyprus
or malta that will invalidate your WARRENTY so be carefull
Old 06 July 2005, 12:03 PM
Rioja
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SCOOBYBALL
but what they dont tell you is if u have a uk ppp fitted to either sti or wrx from cyprus
or malta that will invalidate your WARRENTY so be carefull
I have inquired about this from the Prodrive website; regarding the fitting of PPP and maintaing the warrenty. The answer was;

Dear Kevin
The easiest place to get a PPP'd car from whilst keeping the warranty is Holland.
Basically, vehicles fitted with the PPP will only keep their warranty intact if the PPP is fitted by the same importer as the car is supplied by.
To further complicate matters, many EU countries have FHI warranty from Japan, and these importers and not allowed to install any upgrades with losing the warranty.
Kind regards

Nick Wadeson
Account Manager
Prodrive Automotive Technology (Europe) Ltd.

I hope this helps.
Old 17 July 2005, 11:04 PM
scoobyslut
Scooby Regular

Cool

Please be aware with the car warranty.
You only get 1 [one] years warranty from the Manufacturer. The remaining two years are supplied by Subaru UK/ Europe, and you have to have the car serviced at a full dealer to maintain the warranty for the second two years for definate. the first year, due to release of block exemption, you can have it serviced "to manufacturers spec" by any garage who is VAT registered.
Please dont forget also to get the car "registered" with Subaru Uk for your 2nd /3rd yrs warranty. It is NOT provided automatically, it is NOT arranged by most of the selling importers, so you can easily check by walking in to your local dealer and getting them to check your chassis number out,otherwise it could be a long "wait" if your car has to go in for warranty repair, as it wont get fixed untill the warranty paperwork is cleared first.

PPP kits on imports, well check with supplying country first, as most of them do not accept fitment by a Uk dealer, as a few people I know of have found out to their cost! Holland yes is ok, but its best to check first, or if it goes wrong [and some of them do!], watch out.
Old 12 September 2005, 10:23 PM
DaveWoo
Scooby Regular

Default Motorpoint

Hi all
I'm looking at getting a Scooby(a WRX) from Motorpoint very shortly - they are currently doing them at £14999, I know I need an Alarm (sigma M30)(£352), but my Insurance company do not insist on (or give a discount for) a tracker system!
It looks like I will need some locking wheel nuts?
I can't afford £18500 + with or without PPP from a 'proper' dealer, so what do you all think - go for it or not?

By the way what is DCCD ?

Cheers
Dave
Old 13 September 2005, 01:06 PM
Ian E
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DaveWoo
Hi all
I'm looking at getting a Scooby(a WRX) from Motorpoint very shortly - they are currently doing them at £14999, I know I need an Alarm (sigma M30)(£352), but my Insurance company do not insist on (or give a discount for) a tracker system!
It looks like I will need some locking wheel nuts?
I can't afford £18500 + with or without PPP from a 'proper' dealer, so what do you all think - go for it or not?

By the way what is DCCD ?

Cheers
Dave
Go for it - at the end of the day its the same car built on the same production line. The Sigma M30 is the alarm Subaru UK fit on the Subarus after importing them into the UK. UK WRXs don't come with a tracker as standard in any case. Locking wheel nuts are only £20 ish.

I bought a MY00 new and saved nearly £6000. At the time there were a lot of scare stories about re-sale values. The difference in value now between my car and a Subaru UK supplied car is minimal.

The DCCD is only available on the STi - I think Motorpoint call this the Extreme? It means Driver Controlled Centre Differential or something similar.

Cheers,

Ian.
Old 13 September 2005, 05:58 PM
DaveWoo
Scooby Regular

Cheers Ian
I was starting to get cold feet with some of the posts reference the warranties etc, but you have reassured me, I will just have to wait now to see how much quicker one is than my old Seat Leon Cupra!
Dave