Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Road Angel detector info pls help

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2005, 02:12 PM
mozzaITA
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Angel detector info pls help

Hi all, a local cab company is packing up and my uncle knows the owner and he is selling some roadangel detectors really cheap...

Im not 100% sure that they are the latest ones or the classic roadangel, what i need to know is whether they need registration or not? can i just plug them into my ciggarette lighter and they will work? i thought that u only register them if you want yearly updates or not?

im confused please help, i dont want to pass this chance of getting one cheap up!

how much are they worth generally?

thanks in advance!

Moz
Old 15 March 2005, 06:19 PM
New_scooby_04

Hiya,

You need to register to update the RA, which you should do.

A classic is a big bertha, with a small LED screen. I'd pay no more than £190 for one with a lifetime subscription. The new one is much more atractive and features the voice of Tiff Needle *shouts* ROAD ANGEL!!!! (yikes, calm down Tiff) I'd pay no more than £270 second hand. The lifetime subscription is not available on the newer one....do bare in mind subscription costs when negotiating. Obviously condition is a big factor!

Regards,

NS04

Originally Posted by mozzaITA
Hi all, a local cab company is packing up and my uncle knows the owner and he is selling some roadangel detectors really cheap...

Im not 100% sure that they are the latest ones or the classic roadangel, what i need to know is whether they need registration or not? can i just plug them into my ciggarette lighter and they will work? i thought that u only register them if you want yearly updates or not?

im confused please help, i dont want to pass this chance of getting one cheap up!

how much are they worth generally?

thanks in advance!

Moz
Old 15 March 2005, 06:25 PM
mozzaITA
Scooby Regular

can you register them without having to get a subscription? I know that you wouldnt be able to update without a subscription.

thanks for ur help.

Moz
Old 15 March 2005, 07:04 PM
carlos30
Scooby Regular

Cool road angel

i heard through the grape vine that maccro are selling them for half price for 69 quid + vat starting from tomorrow (thats maccro at washington northeast) dunno what sort or anything tho.
Old 15 March 2005, 07:28 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by mozzaITA
can you register them without having to get a subscription? I know that you wouldnt be able to update without a subscription.

thanks for ur help.

Moz
Yes, you can!

Regards,

Ns04
Old 02 April 2005, 09:09 AM
patkin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Yes, you can!

Regards,

Ns04
Why would you wanna register and not pay the subscription there is no database if not yet populated and when logging on it reads the serial number and cross checks with the database. I would buy the Snooper S4 neo its 250 quid. 6 months free then 4.95 a month. I bought one this week advantage over Road angel is it alerts you to the speed limit at the camera, think about this its not so obvious sometimes 20 30 40 50 60 or 70.

Anyway halfors got a deal on Road angel 2 for 320 quid ends 4/4/5