Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Subaru4You

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2005, 04:30 PM
DaveL001
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru4You

Are they any godd, am thinking about getting my P1 serviced their? at the moment it seems a toss up between them and AnG?
ayone got any comments/opinions on this?
cheers
dave
Old 08 February 2005, 04:50 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

Len's very good ( and *very reasonable prices ), I have had mine serviced and brakes fitted only last week , cambelt service and MOT done by him last year also.

Nice shiny new workshop as of this week too (finally )

I have had no direct contact with AnG , but they are supposed to be good too

Steve
Old 08 February 2005, 04:54 PM
DaveL001
Scooby Regular

how mcuh was the cambelt service?
does he mind if you spply your own stuff, like oil, plugs etc?
Old 08 February 2005, 04:57 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

Mine was on a JDM forester , so you'd be better call him for a price on your P1 - let's say it was a lot less than the dealer wanted ... No problems supplying your own kit ( though he has stocks of motul etc )

Steve
Old 08 February 2005, 05:32 PM
7 Foot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Len is very good. Use the search function for loads of comments.
Old 09 February 2005, 09:01 AM
lanky lou
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Just too mention that Len (Subaru 4 You) has now just moved into his new premises, in Newbury.

address detail i think is:
Unit A2 Faraday Rd
Newbury Berks
tel 01635.35355

It should look good when he's finished sorting it out.

Lou
Old 09 February 2005, 09:56 AM
MattPiece
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Len is excellent. He's done my STi V for 2 years after I was recommended him by someone on here. I travel from south Surrey to go there...
Old 09 February 2005, 01:10 PM
TomCat
Scooby Regular

Prices are on his website http://subaru4you.co.uk/service.htm £327.89 for the 45k which is the cambelt one.

Would be interesting to hear how you get on if you go there - I've got the 90k coming up soon and its a toss-up between there and PowerStation in Tewkesbury.

Either is a bit of a trek from me Bristol but the saving on the 90k is over £200!

Phil
Old 09 February 2005, 01:32 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

The website isn't as up to date as it might be at the moment, phone call might be better
Old 09 February 2005, 08:35 PM
LEN CARLYON
Scooby Regular

Cool

Steve
I might have some Forester lower bumper spoilers that might fit your car if there not already fitted.!
I found them when I moved into the new shop in all my stuff, same as i have found bumper Cargo step covers ( these stick onto the top face of the rear bumper too stop you scrathing the paint when loading the dog or luggatge into the boot). One is a nice stainless steel cover with an i emblem on that glows in the dark.

thanks for the recommendations chaps, hopefully now i have moved i can offer even better service......display areas, waiting room, nice reception and only a short walk to town center along the canal waterfront, nice in summer.
I shall endevour to renew the website but when I looked at it before it was a very steep learning curve and we started to flounder alot so I shall get back on it, with lots more products.
I hope this doesnt get taken off now.
The ramps are being fitted tomorrow and the electrician is doing the 3 phase next week hopefully, BT supplied the new tel number of 01635.35355. I will hopefully have some sales cars on the forecourt as well soon, something else for you to look over when you visit..

regards

Len
Old 09 February 2005, 11:06 PM
7 Foot
Scooby Regular

Good luck with it all Len. Will see you when my whining transfer box gets even more vocal.

Don't forget to save a plug socket for the kettle
Old 10 February 2005, 10:54 PM
Prodrive_Eddie
Scooby Regular

Good to see you're getting set up Len!

Will be down to see you soon with my STi. You sorted my RB5 a couple of years back with De-Cat, Brakes and Geometry...

Good Luck!

Ed
Old 11 February 2005, 09:59 PM
Furrydice
Scooby Newbie

Have now used Len for the past 2 years and very pleasedwith the sevice I have recieved. Now that he has moved into his new premises I am sure his service will improve even further. Keep up the good work Len.
See you for my next service.
Old 11 February 2005, 10:34 PM
scoobydood
Scooby Regular

I used Len when I first bought my Scoob for a service and he did an excellent job and was very reasonably priced. Unfortunately I live over 2 hours away so it was just not convenient to keep going back but I certainly wouldn't hesitate if I lived closer.
Old 13 February 2005, 04:59 PM
LEN CARLYON
Scooby Regular

Many thanks chaps for the kind words and the kettle is ALWAYS READY! ! !

Len
Old 13 February 2005, 09:03 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

I'll mail you in the week re the bits Len , don't sell the step cover in the meantime .

Cheers

Steve
Old 10 March 2005, 11:01 AM
berkscooby
Scooby Newbie

I'd Highly reommend Len. He has always looked after me and even got my car through the MOT
Old 12 April 2005, 09:52 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Does he do MOTs at his place??

Pete
Old 13 April 2005, 08:43 AM
MattPiece
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Does he do MOTs at his place??

Pete
Len, himself, doesnt do MOTs (well he didnt a few weeks ago ) but he knows a <cough> friendly garage... . However, new MOT regs are uber-tight now so I dont think they can be as 'friendly' as before. Len does have a catted centre section though, IIRC.
Old 15 April 2005, 10:50 PM
Echo
Scooby Regular

I stepped out of the main agent's grasp and tried Subaru4you a month or two back with the wife's Sport. As reported on here I found Len to be well priced, in a nice and clean workshop but best of all, he was interested and knows his stuff. He even managed to help me spend 200 quid less by not having to replace the clutch and just replaced bearings.

Today I had my WRX in for a big service and saved a packet but unlike being at a main agent he spends time taking you through the work he has done and we spent so long chatting about upgrades that the missis came storming in because she'd been waiting 30 mins! At the same time Len replaced wheel bearings and (Subaru) HT leads on her car and that all came to less than the main agent price for my service alone.

Just to add that I had been one of those people that only wanted to go main agent. It was not only a waste of money it was not good for the car. For example, an undisclosed dealer that sold me my car serviced it up to the 60k. It had been drinking oil and they kept fobbing me off. It turned out that it was kn@£kered piston rings and a new engine was needed, it should have been done under warranty at 30k but they kept coming up with fob offs so that when the guys (nice main agent) Cotswold Subaru spotted it I had to still come up with some money. I had many other issues with the 'un-named' main agent too.

So, some main agents are good (eg Cotswold Subaru) but if you're out of warranty I really would call Len if you're within a hundred miles of Newbury. I'm going to be sticking with Subaru4you. If you need work doing soon pop in and say hello, you'll see why I've become such a fan just hope he doesn't become TOO popular so I can still get in when I need to

Mike
Old 16 April 2005, 07:33 PM
fatmanscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LEN CARLYON
Many thanks chaps for the kind words and the kettle is ALWAYS READY! ! !

Len
Pmsl yeah with some subtle hints
Old 17 May 2005, 06:53 PM
Krade
Scooby Regular

Just got back from Subaru4you and have to say its fantastic. Len certainly knows his stuff. Outstanding prices, great workshop hwat more could you want???
Serioulsy if you are in the surrey/west london area then its well worth the trip to Subaru4you if you need any work done.