Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Corporate Bulls**t

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2004, 07:10 PM
Smatt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Corporate Bulls**t

I sent an e-mail to Prodrive asking for help in getting some stickers for my car that used to be supplied with a PPP. I explained I had PPP fitted plus many other Prodrive parts already fitted & awaiting delivery (since contacting them more have been ordered).
I have just checked my e-mail and this is the repsonse I got.

Dear Simon

Thankyou for your email.

We do not supply stickers with PPP's due to our corporate marketing policy.

Kind regards
Sue

Can anybody on here, help me as to what this means.
Does it say yes we will gladly make money out of you, but not for any extra's. They are happy to splash their name on the exhaust, on mud flaps, a P on a gear **** etc.

Last edited by Little Miss WRX; 23 November 2004 at 08:57 AM. Reason: to remove libellious content.
Old 22 November 2004, 07:12 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

So you'll be taking all the Prodrive items off the car and putting it back to standard then?
Old 22 November 2004, 07:16 PM
Smatt
Scooby Regular

I Won't buy anymore
Old 22 November 2004, 07:30 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Prodrive have never provided stickers with the PPP, ever.
You can get some made up though
There were stickers for the "Prodrive ltd" models though, i hope your not getting confused with these? (we are talking 95/96 here).

Tony
Old 22 November 2004, 07:30 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

You could get a local sign place to make them up for you, if you still wanted them.
Old 22 November 2004, 07:36 PM
Smatt
Scooby Regular

I can get them off ebay for a fiver, thats not the problem. Dealership said that they don't know why Prodrive have stopped providing them with PPP. So I thought I would ask. After spending £4k + on their products I thought a few stickers would be more than forth coming. Obviously I think too much.
Old 22 November 2004, 08:30 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Smatt,
I feel your dealer is talking bull there, as i have stated, Prodrive have never provided stickers for their PPP (having had my ppp fitted by Prodrive in warwick i should know )
But as i have also stated, you can get them made up (didnt Salsa King do them??)

Tony
Old 22 November 2004, 10:12 PM
TDT
Scooby Regular

Got 'em on mine

Try: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...935275433&rd=1
Old 22 November 2004, 10:37 PM
mark@wrx
Scooby Regular

Sounds just like Prodrive at the minute unfortunately. I know of a rally prep business that spent over £100k with them and they wouldn't give them any info on wiring looms!
Old 23 November 2004, 12:51 AM
hugo
Scooby Regular

My last motor was '03 WRX and when I got it PPP'd when I went to pick it up it had a Prodrive sticker on each wing just under the indicator. Current motor bought with PPP but no stickers...asked the dealer for one for the back...no probs, took car to workshop, sticker fitted in 5mins...no charge. Are you sure there isn't an official prodrive sticker? (after reading the above again maybe they have just stopped supplying them).
Old 23 November 2004, 07:42 AM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

maybe it was just the garage who had some made up? I thought you only got the stickers if you went the full monty and ordered a wr sport or something - which don't exist anymore anyway.

Personally, I don't understand why people would want to put the stickers on anyway - it's so yesterday
Old 23 November 2004, 08:15 AM
elgordano
Scooby Regular

Why can't you accept that Prodrive don't make stickers for the General public?
Old 23 November 2004, 08:53 AM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

There was a huge discussion about this a couple of years ago when someone wanted to sell imitation Prodrive stickers and were politley told to stop.
The reasons given by prodrive were these(and they seem sensible to me)
If you allow stickers to be sold then they can be put on any car whether or not it has prodrive enhancements(even if it did have them ages ago, they can still be removed and the stickers left on).

This can and would lead to confusion for future buyers who are told the car has prodrive bits on(and a sticker is a big factor in them thinking this) when in fact it has'nt.

Therefore at resale time, there is no guarantee that a car wich has prodrive stickers, still or ever had prodrive enhancements.

This can and would create a nasty situation which prodrive rightly wants to avoid.

They used to put prodrive stickers on cars which had a PPP, suspension etc etc but I suspect they got burned in the past and no longer do.

In additon since the stickers could be put on any car, it then creates a BMW 'M' situation where for example a BMW 316 can have an 'M' sticker on it, therefore it cheapens the prodrive branding.

Finally Prodrive hold the rights to their name and can do with it what they like. If they only choose to put the stickers on product A and not B, it's down to them and how they want to market their product.

Last edited by Neil Smalley; 23 November 2004 at 08:55 AM.
Old 23 November 2004, 12:37 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smatt,

I fully understand your issue, but unfortunately it's PRODRIVE's right to do what they wish with there own trademarks etc. I appreciate that this doesnt help you out, but it's the line that PRODRIVE takes which we have to respect.

Sure you can get stickers made-up else where, but this is infringement of copyright (unless express permission has been granted) and is not an action we condone.

Regards,
Shaun.