Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Scoobyclinic

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2004, 11:23 PM
22BTypeUK
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scoobyclinic

I need my 22B rebuilding after a big end failure and just wondereing what people think of them? I was up there a few weeks ago with my mate and I heard 2 young lads talkin and I was a bit shocked at what I heard. From what i can gather one of the lads had been really messed about by them
Old 08 November 2004, 11:56 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 22BTypeUK
I need my 22B rebuilding after a big end failure and just wondereing what people think of them? I was up there a few weeks ago with my mate and I heard 2 young lads talkin and I was a bit shocked at what I heard. From what i can gather one of the lads had been really messed about by them
same here
Rodger clark motorsport your best bet ......not cheap
Old 09 November 2004, 12:05 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

each to their own mate

I reckon its a crackin service up there personally! mine was due for a service on wednesday this week, but its been having a few teething issues, adam said instantly we will fit you in and get it sorted, bring it up and we will sort it, they fitted a part for free initially to ensure that, this was what needed doing as the diagnostic tool told them this was it. It wasnt unfortunatly, but instead of charging me they gave me a courtesy car for free, and said we will sort it mate!

All i can say is if it was two young lads they were probably up there buying bolt on bits for the 1.6gls they have, I have a impreza turbo, and its my pride and joy and personally and I wouldnt have anyone else do the work on my car!

as for roger clarke, all I have heard about them is how expensive they are! I want the best work done at the best possible price, scoobyclinic is exactly that!

your choice of course, but personally if I had a 22b, id want someone who owns one to look at it! and guess what kev drives?
Old 09 November 2004, 01:55 AM
22BTypeUK
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by j4mou
All i can say is if it was two young lads they were probably up there buying bolt on bits for the 1.6gls they have, I have a impreza turbo, and its my pride and joy and personally and I wouldnt have anyone else do the work on my car!
So just because they were young lads it means they have a low model impreza.
One of them was the owner of the blue My99 RA with the reverse manifold so just cause he is young doesnt mean he can have a better impreza than you
Old 09 November 2004, 10:32 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

So just because they were young lads it means they have a low model impreza.
One of them was the owner of the blue My99 RA with the reverse manifold so just cause he is young doesnt mean he can have a better impreza than you
are you wanting an idea of there service or are you just on here looking for an argument?

james
Old 09 November 2004, 01:24 PM
DaveBlueRA
Scooby Regular

Hmmm 1.6GLS, didnt know they came with a big hybrid turbo on and have a engine in with over 450Bhp
Old 09 November 2004, 01:39 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im guessing you have just bought the 22b..or you new to the site?

I drove from London to go up there...didn't get much work, but the service provided was top class...You may want to make a trip up there your self have have a look for yourself...

I think when i was there i saw near 4 22b's...
So yes i would think they know what they are doing...

If all fails name the lads, and then we can all find out what issue's they had, and what they consider as being messed around... at the end of the day you need to make you own mind up...1 lad messed around 50 guys happi with the service...hmm

Trickey Choice...

Last edited by SamUK; 09 November 2004 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09 November 2004, 02:53 PM
tmo
Scooby Regular

Never had a problem with the clinic, service has always been top notch
Old 09 November 2004, 03:46 PM
The Gaffer
Former Sponsor

As the old saying goes, You can please some of the people some of the time, but you cant please all of the people all of the time.

All I can say is dont listen to gossip, if you want your 22b sorting give us a shout, we will be only to happy to offer our sevices.

Chinese wispers are dangerous things, & there is allways two sides to a story, I dont wish to embarass certain customers with their personal issues on Scoobynet as I dont feel it is the place to do so, but if any one has a gripe with scooby clinic just pick up the phone, or if you dont want to speak to me then send me a mail.

On the flip side just type in scoobyclinic into scoobynet search engine & draw your own conclusions.
Cheers Kev.
Old 09 November 2004, 04:01 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Originally Posted by DaveBlueRA
Hmmm 1.6GLS, didnt know they came with a big hybrid turbo on and have a engine in with over 450Bhp
It was a metaphorical answer dave...........
Old 09 November 2004, 04:05 PM
TAINTON
Scooby Regular

Both me & my missus cant praise them enough, we've had nothing but excellent service from all their staff.

Take the trip & see for yourself.

Ashley
Old 09 November 2004, 10:38 PM
mickjg
Scooby Regular

i never get a problem with them EVER the only thing i have a problem with i never have a more money to spend.
they did my bigend when it went bang ok its not a 22B but its is still a turbo runs 110% and it does get a lot of stick.
people with problems normaly cause them by changing or adding thing to the job this is when you get delays. as alot of us know change a small part on a scooby can put hours or days on to the job if it was that easy we would all services our cars out side our house or drives on jack.
when your car has been at the clinic for must be a year now or even more i think a little more time will not hurt.
as kev say there is ALWAYS to sides to a story and you will only here what people want you to here.
mick.

Last edited by mickjg; 09 November 2004 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10 November 2004, 12:17 AM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

As someone already said (DONT LISTEN TO GOSSIP) go up there and have a talk to kev, he has a 22B and knows what he is on about, great service and treat your car great as well, i would'nt listen to too much gossip until you have seen for your self.
Old 10 November 2004, 12:30 AM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

I dont think everyone gets bad treatment there, but I firmly believe they prefer the people with little or no knowledge of their scoob.

Just my 2 peneth.
Old 10 November 2004, 10:30 AM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Welloilbeefhooked
I dont think everyone gets bad treatment there, but I firmly believe they prefer the people with little or no knowledge of their scoob.

Just my 2 peneth.

no matter who you are we always try to give everyone the same special clinic experience, whoever it is gets a tour of our workshops and a tea/cofffee if I get time and there is enough cups!

we then listen to customers needs and offer our services accordindly.

we look after all sorts of scoob customers from some of the uk's most formidable big power scoobs right along to newbies looking for good service and good prices and free information.

We have no preference to the type of customers through our doors we get every type from very knowlegable to the novice, all of which are given the same levels of care

Adam from scoobyclinic,
Old 10 November 2004, 02:47 PM
peccy
Scooby Regular

been to most scooby tuners over the past years with my scoobys, tsl, jap innovations, power engineering, main dealers, graham goode... etc. but the CLINIC comes tops
Old 10 November 2004, 02:51 PM
22BTypeUK
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by The Gaffer
I dont wish to embarass certain customers with their personal issues on Scoobynet as I dont feel it is the place to do so
Cheers Kev.
And if you were to do that the said customers would be entitled to go to trading standards
Old 10 November 2004, 03:36 PM
Tentenths
Scooby Regular

And if you were to do that the said customers would be entitled to go to trading standards
Note to self - if your anti-SC campaign fails to elicit support just resort to thinly veiled threats.

22BUK - Wouldn't you be better off trying to resolve your dispute directly with SC rather than trolling on SN?
Old 10 November 2004, 03:37 PM
The Gaffer
Former Sponsor

I dont quite understand where you are going with this thread?

First you ask for a little advice, then someone gives us a slagging,followed by some honest praise,
I point out a few facts, then comes some more praise & suddenly we are not entitled to defend ourselves?

Trading standards wouldnt be interested in this, its called slander and is usually sorted in a court of law,which is why I stated in the quote you have used, that this is not the place for either party to disscuss personal issues,

simply pick up the phone & moan
Cheers Kev.
Old 10 November 2004, 03:49 PM
DaveBlueRA
Scooby Regular

Scoobyclinic know what there talking about. Just built me a 450+ Bhp beast.
Old 10 November 2004, 06:43 PM
Ubik
Scooby Regular

Location: Covered in stickers in the year of the HUGE concrete

I went to scoobyclinic for the first time today.

If you want a measure of the confidence people have in them have a look yourself. There a loads of cars there, while I was sat waiting a bloke paid his bill and had to give his address. He had travelled miles to get there - I think that says a lot.

I met a bloke at a meet the other month who had a nearly new STI. He had no qualms about taking his car there for servicing etc.

If you are looking for a rebuild or conversion let me just point out that today I saw several cars (inc a 22b) in a seperate workshop waiting to be worked on.

Ok - So I have never used them until now but from the experiance of my friends there has never been a major problem. If theres been any niggles or whatever they have phoned up and complained, each time its been sorted.

I run a small business, you are always going to have the odd customer that will get upset for whatever reason. It does no one any good rattling along about something you heard from a bloke you met rubbishing their reputation. Its the last thing you need, so think about what you post before you start slagging people off. Any problems a customer has they certainly let me know, I get an earfull and then we talk about how to set matters right. They seem to have the same attitude. As it says above there are two sides to every story, pedling chinese whispers is not going to help.

As for trading standards from the tone of your posts (all three on SN) it almost sounds like you are working for the competition or persuing a personal vendetta!

If you are serious, pop along and see whats what.* I have bought several cars from dealerships (VW & Mercedes) and not one of them has put the effort Adam put into showing me round today. And they were for the sale of brand new cars! I went into to sort out my handling and we are talking peanuts in comparison.

Dave

*Adam makes a fine cuppa in a nice big mug. Just what you need after the stress of trying to find them! MSG to gaffer: How about a map on the website?

Last edited by Ubik; 10 November 2004 at 06:51 PM. Reason: You spell the number two with a W!
Old 10 November 2004, 07:49 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Originally Posted by 22btypeuk
Originally Posted by davebluera
It was a metaphorical answer dave...........
Originally Posted by davebluera
Scoobyclinic know what there talking about. Just built me a 450+ Bhp beast.
e=mc2

Last edited by Jamo; 10 November 2004 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10 November 2004, 08:25 PM
Barmyclown
Scooby Regular

Right i`ve never been to sccobyclinic yet. But I get nothing but praise about them from the guys round lincoln who have used them. So much so that the next major addition to the car is going to be ordered from the dealer and hopefully fitted by them; I don`t trust the tractor mechanics were I live enough to have the seats out again without damaging the car again. And if the clinic have no qualms about re-upholstering the car. And also thinking about a couple of other things i`d like to have done at the same time.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Jase
Old 10 November 2004, 09:59 PM
The Gaffer
Former Sponsor

Hi - Big thanks to everyone for your support.

Looks like j4mou should be awarded the Sherlock Holmes hat for detective work above and beyond the call of duty.

We had our doubts about the credibility of this thread but needed to flush the blighter out in a "Rolls Royce" type of way, some of our customers will understand the Rolls Royce connection.

Bit of a shame if certain people think that deliberately and unnecessarily slagging a company off under a pseudonym to justify their own personal gripes is OK however, RA is just missing a T.

Cheers Kev
Old 10 November 2004, 10:18 PM
toplad!
Scooby Regular

Talking

If this is true Dave you've made yourself look a right TW@T............
Best thing to do in embarrising stuation like this is ring SC and Blag someone set you up, or dissapear and don't go there again.
Old 10 November 2004, 10:30 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Visited the Clinic for one clutch and again for alignment. The walk around the workshop was great along with the loan Scort van I've Used Various companies for bits and pieces but The Clinic is usually the place i call first. This is mainly due to the fact it's the closest to me and the cheapest. If i didn't trust them 100% then i would travel and pay more - simple as that
Note to Adam - I'm yet to be handed one of the famous SC cups of tea - I'll be down soon for one
Old 10 November 2004, 11:33 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Originally Posted by The Gaffer
Hi - Big thanks to everyone for your support.

Looks like j4mou should be awarded the Sherlock Holmes hat for detective work above and beyond the call of duty.
no **** sherlock

Last edited by Jamo; 10 November 2004 at 11:36 PM.
Old 11 November 2004, 06:21 AM
DaveBlueRA
Scooby Regular

no **** sherlock

Guess what. Its not true. If i was gonna put something i would of. Yes i wasnt happy but that was sorted out last time i went up after having a chat with Adam and he asked me not to put anythin on here so I havent. So try getting your facts straight before accusing me.

Last edited by DaveBlueRA; 11 November 2004 at 07:15 AM.
Old 11 November 2004, 09:19 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

where on here have I accused you of anything? just show me, and i will apologise immidietly, and of course delete the post.

james
Old 11 November 2004, 09:28 AM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So really an open and shut case...

Wheres the guy who posted this thread??

Surley he has go the answers her is looking for.....

Quick Reply: Scoobyclinic