Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Hmmm..another Essex question

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2004, 04:39 PM
facey
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmmm..another Essex question

Hi all,

I've just moved down to Essex with my much loved, high mileage Impreza Sport - I have read the recent thread about servicing in the area and will be checking out Xtreme Scoobies.

Wish I knew about them earlier as I have just had a pretty grim time with my clutch and flywheel replacement - from the hill holder not disengaging to oil leak and now judder.

My favourite line from the many discussions was "I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the hill holder system" Whhhhhhaaaa????

SO - out of curiosity, can anyone shed any light on any experiences (good or bad) with main dealer service work in the Colchester/Chelmsford area?

ta!
Old 14 July 2004, 05:21 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Colchester dealer is a reasonably new one, gets good reviews on here. I might stray away from my current favourite (Wilsons) to give them a go.

Had bad experiences at Chelmsford, won't be using them again.
Allan
Old 14 July 2004, 05:23 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Oh.................and welcome to Scoobynet BTW
Old 14 July 2004, 06:33 PM
Flat Four Impreza Club
Scooby Regular

For your Performance parts try www.extremejaps.co.uk
They offer a fitting service too. Scoobynet members also get a discount.
Old 14 July 2004, 09:09 PM
Button Moon
Scooby Regular

Another thumbs up for Xtreme
Old 16 July 2004, 08:01 PM
Pro Boy
Scooby Regular

Did use Osbornes at Colchester now use Days in Chelmsford as the new one in colchester wasnt helpful with loan car and didnt want to wait 8 weeks still need one in suffolk
Old 19 July 2004, 10:32 AM
facey
Scooby Newbie

Cheers for the comments....

Seems you can have good and bad reports about any service provider..
Unfortunately, it really does seem to come down to just who is allocated to lift the bonnet on your pride and joy as to whether the job is done properly and with care/attention.

I am STILL trying to get my clutch palava sorted - looks like I was unlucky enough to get the technician who didn't give a s**t and now the garage is getting all sarcastic on the 'phone with me as I am not prepared (in the words of Reeves and Mortimer) to let it lie and they are sick of seeing/hearing from me!

Ironically, the best service I ever had from a main dealer (and amazingly, the cheapest) was when a rear wheel bearing went in the Alps and the Subaru garage in ultra-noncey ski resort Verbier of all places, they saved me on New Year's Eve! Think I'll go there next time...!!!

In the meantime, I agree with ProBoy we need a main dealer in Suffolk to give those Colchester and Chelmsford bods a kick up the ****. And please let it be a garage that doesn't have Hyundais everywhere...

Rant over!
Old 19 July 2004, 11:07 AM
facey
Scooby Newbie

Unhappy

OK after doing a search and reading previous comments I have decided to 'come clean'...

The dealer I have been talking about is Haddocks in Colchester. Whilst I commend them on their customer service - giving me loan cars and willingly looking at my car 3 times following 3 different problems after having my clutch and flywheel replaced there, I have to say I get the distinct impressions they are still not adequately experienced in Subarus to offer that knowledge and expertise I was talking about in my previous post, espeically with work on older, potentially more problematic vehicles.

I have read a post from a few months ago that syas they took on many of the experienced and well-respected staff from Osbournes. I think there is actually only 1 mechanic who used to work there...

Needless to say, this mechanic did not do the work on my car.
Old 19 July 2004, 01:17 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

That's not good, I was gona give them a go

The problem's I had at Day's were basic things, (brake bleeding, customer service), these are things that any mechanic or dealership should be proficient at.

Good luck in getting it sorted.

Allan
Old 20 July 2004, 05:33 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

another thumbs up for xtremes, good guys, always willing to help numpties like me out and explain it in simple terms

Very honest, very reliable, have all my work done there, even though its a good hours drive each way