ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   Hmmm..another Essex question (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/344534-hmmm-another-essex-question.html)

facey 14 July 2004 04:39 PM

Hmmm..another Essex question

Hi all,

I've just moved down to Essex with my much loved, high mileage Impreza Sport - I have read the recent thread about servicing in the area and will be checking out Xtreme Scoobies.

Wish I knew about them earlier as I have just had a pretty grim time with my clutch and flywheel replacement - from the hill holder not disengaging to oil leak and now judder.

My favourite line from the many discussions was "I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the hill holder system" Whhhhhhaaaa????

SO - out of curiosity, can anyone shed any light on any experiences (good or bad) with main dealer service work in the Colchester/Chelmsford area?

ta!

Allan 14 July 2004 05:21 PM

Colchester dealer is a reasonably new one, gets good reviews on here. I might stray away from my current favourite (Wilsons) to give them a go.

Had bad experiences at Chelmsford, won't be using them again.
Allan

Allan 14 July 2004 05:23 PM

Oh.................and welcome to Scoobynet BTW :D

Flat Four Impreza Club 14 July 2004 06:33 PM

For your Performance parts try www.extremejaps.co.uk
They offer a fitting service too. Scoobynet members also get a discount.

Button Moon 14 July 2004 09:09 PM

Another thumbs up for Xtreme

Pro Boy 16 July 2004 08:01 PM

Did use Osbornes at Colchester now use Days in Chelmsford as the new one in colchester wasnt helpful with loan car and didnt want to wait 8 weeks still need one in suffolk

facey 19 July 2004 10:32 AM

Cheers for the comments....

Seems you can have good and bad reports about any service provider..
Unfortunately, it really does seem to come down to just who is allocated to lift the bonnet on your pride and joy as to whether the job is done properly and with care/attention.

I am STILL trying to get my clutch palava sorted - looks like I was unlucky enough to get the technician who didn't give a s**t and now the garage is getting all sarcastic on the 'phone with me as I am not prepared (in the words of Reeves and Mortimer) to let it lie and they are sick of seeing/hearing from me!

Ironically, the best service I ever had from a main dealer (and amazingly, the cheapest) was when a rear wheel bearing went in the Alps and the Subaru garage in ultra-noncey ski resort Verbier of all places, they saved me on New Year's Eve! Think I'll go there next time...!!!

In the meantime, I agree with ProBoy we need a main dealer in Suffolk to give those Colchester and Chelmsford bods a kick up the arse. And please let it be a garage that doesn't have Hyundais everywhere...

Rant over!

facey 19 July 2004 11:07 AM

OK after doing a search and reading previous comments I have decided to 'come clean'...

The dealer I have been talking about is Haddocks in Colchester. Whilst I commend them on their customer service - giving me loan cars and willingly looking at my car 3 times following 3 different problems after having my clutch and flywheel replaced there, I have to say I get the distinct impressions they are still not adequately experienced in Subarus to offer that knowledge and expertise I was talking about in my previous post, espeically with work on older, potentially more problematic vehicles.

I have read a post from a few months ago that syas they took on many of the experienced and well-respected staff from Osbournes. I think there is actually only 1 mechanic who used to work there...

Needless to say, this mechanic did not do the work on my car.

Allan 19 July 2004 01:17 PM

That's not good, I was gona give them a go :(

The problem's I had at Day's were basic things, (brake bleeding, customer service), these are things that any mechanic or dealership should be proficient at.

Good luck in getting it sorted.

Allan

fitzscoob 20 July 2004 05:33 PM

another thumbs up for xtremes, good guys, always willing to help numpties like me out and explain it in simple terms :)

Very honest, very reliable, have all my work done there, even though its a good hours drive each way :)