Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Scoobyclinic Do It Again!

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2004, 10:04 AM
K9VYN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Scoobyclinic Do It Again!

i managed to blow the crankshaft oil seal on the car on Saturday and was fortunate enough to still be able to drive it up to Scoobyclinic from Jct 24 M1. we ascertained that it wasn't a major issue and Kev advised that i could pick the car back up on Monday.

though it appears this isn't a huge job, i must say i am once again impressed by the speed with which the work was carried out (picked the car up last night).

Well done yet again.

Kev
Old 07 April 2004, 07:33 PM
scooby66
Scooby Regular

Yes had mine gone when queing for a mac'e dee smoke pi$$ing out but as you say kev sorted it. Its the heat from the down pipe that does it, Mick had one as well.
Old 07 April 2004, 10:40 PM
wanted
Scooby Regular

Kev,

I bet your heart sank when you saw something was wrong, I think you should stay away from rolling roads theyr'e a jinx to your car.

Glad it was nothing serious.
Old 08 April 2004, 05:18 AM
K9VYN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wanted
Kev,

I bet your heart sank when you saw something was wrong, I think you should stay away from rolling roads theyr'e a jinx to your car.

Glad it was nothing serious.
i could tell the engine itself was ok by how well it was still driving - obviously i reduced to a low speed to ensure minimal liklihood of damage getting it to the clinic.

we believe that when i had my shunt just before Xmas is was slightly dislogdged and has been wearing against a moving component since then - just one of those things.

can't really blame the rolling road for a crapper than crap engine build by Central or the seal, just coincidence i believe.