Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

ScoobySport Cease Trading : Do you have an outstanding order, etc

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2004, 03:40 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ScoobySport Cease Trading : Do you have an outstanding order, etc

Hi All

It is inevitable that there will be some problems caused by scoobysport closing their doors.

Can we keep the posts to this thread.

This is not for speculation, or comment about conduct, or what should have happened, shouldn't have happened, etc.. it is merely to support those who have outstanding issues and need to raise them.

Anything that is legally problematic for scoobynet will be removed without warning or explanation.

The main purpose is to help each other out and offer advice, etc.

All the best

Simon
Old 02 April 2004, 03:50 PM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the situation regarding warranty issues? For example, SS exhausts are sold with a 25 year warranty. What happens to these?
Old 02 April 2004, 04:21 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Good question.

I'll tell you what. As long as everything can be structure in the way Fatman has done.. a simple question / fact, etc without any emotive comments, I'll do my best to get in touch with Pete next week and put all the questions to him to see if he has any input.

All the best

Simon
Old 02 April 2004, 05:15 PM
Darlic
Scooby Newbie

I am sure if you have paid for anything on credit card and not receiced the goods you can claim the money back from your credit card company
Old 02 April 2004, 09:36 PM
TYP 3R
Scooby Regular

hi.
i am still owed a set of power flex antiroll bar bushes. paid for them 2 weeks ago. keep getting fobbed off. now i know why. if he knew he was winding the company up why did he take payment from me???

any help would be great.

thanks
Old 02 April 2004, 09:47 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Just to add a bit of detail. A while back, one of the fixings for my centre section sheared off (H&S Scoobysport version). Pete just directed me straight to H&S who honoured the guarantee, repaired the centre section and refitted it - no hassle. I would hope that this would continue, as I believe it is H&S that are providing the 25 year guarantee. Can't comment on the newer Janspeed version of the Scoobysport exhaust as I have had no dealings with them.

Chris
Old 03 April 2004, 09:10 AM
Gidney&Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

Sign on the door reads "Business Closed Contact 01702 602570" on calling this number it is the Official Receivers Office
Old 03 April 2004, 02:47 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

Are you going to remove them from http://shop.scoobynet.co.uk soon?
Old 03 April 2004, 07:26 PM
wrxtankie
Scooby Regular

Location: A.K.A RAIDEN, Watford & Tidworth. V7 STI Type RA Spec C, V2 STI,97JDM WRX, Daytona 675R

I got an Ecutek re-map and was going back in the summer to re-map after more mods were fitted. How do i prove i have had the software installed. Or do I have to pay 700 quid again for another re-map. I have received no paper work. Thats even if you are supposed too.

Im led to beleive Pat will honour these still as he was/is freelance.

Cheers in advance simon.

Aston.
Old 03 April 2004, 08:29 PM
Gidney&Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

wrxtankie Pat has already mentioned he will uphold any previous arrangement under Scooby Sport; & will still continue to do so. He has all the license information stored (& backed up) on the laptop.

Check out user profile "Pat" on this bbs or PM your telephone number to me & I will get Pat to call you
Old 03 April 2004, 09:04 PM
jaycee
Scooby Regular

I emailed Pat regarding a similar scenario this morning. Hopefully issues like this will be easily resolved.

Jason
Old 04 April 2004, 07:04 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?

as Xtreme has said.. pat has said that he will still offer support and help to cars he has mapped.. I also have his details if someone gets stuck. (he also frequents 22b, and any pizza shops)

David
Old 05 April 2004, 02:35 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

If you have placed an order and paid by credit card, money has been taken but no goods delivered, you need to take this up with your credit card company in the first instance. The Official Receiver's Office should also be notified, number above.

If Scooby Sport is a sole trader or partnership then liability for debts lies with the partner(s) eg. if you have paid by cheque or cash. Again the Official Receiver's Office will want to know of this, when the transaction took place and subsequent relevant events if any. eg promises of delivery.

When I had unsatisfactory dealings with S/Sport it was an unincorporated company ie it was not a limited company. I do not know if that is the current situation but it is easy enough for any interested party to confirm.

Where a business is a sole trader or partnership the liability rests with the partner(s) and it is possible to pursue them personally. ie at their home address(es) and once a County Court Judgement has been obtained a Bailiff or Sherriff's Officer can distrain on their personal possessions. It is also possible to take a charge against their property if the debt is large enough to warrant it. Sometimes, in these situations, creditors join together to share the cost of pursuing the action.

Generally, people in this position often file for bankruptcy.

Obviously when a business ceases trading there are loose ends and odd outstanding orders but in cases where there has been a systematyic running up of debt after it was obvious the operation was insolvent, then the Official Receiver can and will take action if petitioned by a number of creditors.
Old 05 April 2004, 03:10 PM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

According to Companies House, ScoobySport is a Private Limited Company (incorporated 09/07/2002)
Old 05 April 2004, 03:34 PM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

No, not conflicting. According to your website the problems you had were in Jan/Feb '00, when they wouldn't have been LTD . The CH site says that SS became incorporated in Jul '02.

Last edited by Fatman; 05 April 2004 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05 April 2004, 04:01 PM
wrxtankie
Scooby Regular

Location: A.K.A RAIDEN, Watford & Tidworth. V7 STI Type RA Spec C, V2 STI,97JDM WRX, Daytona 675R

Originally Posted by XtremeScoobies
wrxtankie Pat has already mentioned he will uphold any previous arrangement under Scooby Sport; & will still continue to do so. He has all the license information stored (& backed up) on the laptop.

Check out user profile "Pat" on this bbs or PM your telephone number to me & I will get Pat to call you

cheers m8 will do
Old 05 April 2004, 05:26 PM
BeverleyJM
Scooby Regular

I'm sure all of Scoobysports previous suppliers will honour any warranty issues that may arise, we certainly will.
As far as the financial side of things goes, as Harvey says, its the credit card companies and the receivers.
Old 06 April 2004, 12:11 PM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

Another question: where do customers stand regarding 'warranty' on work done by ScoobySport subcontractors (Pat aside)?
Old 06 April 2004, 12:18 PM
Andy Miles
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Fatman
Another question: where do customers stand regarding 'warranty' on work done by ScoobySport subcontractors (Pat aside)?
As Beverley said earlier, any work done by Leda Suspension for Scoobysport will be covered by Leda. Please call or email if you have any concerns or queries.

Kind Regards
Andy
Old 13 April 2004, 01:42 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Angry Outstanding order

Backbox for MY02 ordered by credit card on 27/2/04. Money charged to the account on 6/3/04. Phoned on 19th to be told that exhaust would be with me by 24th. No goods received.

Have spent 1/2 hour on the phone to 3 different departments at the CC company, who want me to provide evidence that Scoobysport has ceased trading. This is proving difficult as Companies House website not up to date.

It seems unlikely that my order is still being processed / will be honoured by Scoobysport2.

Shall I start looking to buy elsewhere?
Old 13 April 2004, 02:15 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Point the CC companies at the Official Receivers. They should be able to confirm.

PS: note that Scooby Sport Limited on the Companies House website is not the Scoobysport trading company
Old 13 April 2004, 10:21 PM
marcus.s
Scooby Regular

Waiting for decat centre since last summer. If you run your business like a daft wa*n*er you go bust. Simple as that. Unfortunately Croney wont suffer, customers will.
Old 13 April 2004, 10:22 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I *think* that ScoobySport2, as in what is listed at http://www.scoobysport.co.uk/ is NOTHING to do with the 'old' ScoobySport, ie; Pete Croney's company.

Simon/Shaun, could you clarify this rather important point, as I know you have mentioned, well Simon has, that he's involved in the new venture.
Old 13 April 2004, 10:29 PM
SomeDude
Scooby Regular

Markus, you really really want to be a mod don't ya
Old 14 April 2004, 05:18 AM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Hi Guys

Markus is correct. The new scoobysport, is simple a completely seperate company that decided to buy 3 assets which are : the scoobysport name, and the web urls.

The only relation that the new scoobysport has to the old scoobysport is that the money raised by selling these assets will go towards paying the creditors of the old company.

The two are completely and wholey unrelated in every way.

All the best

Simon
Old 14 April 2004, 08:40 AM
speedking
Scooby Regular

I hope you paid a lot of money then