Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

CVC in Cardiff

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2004, 09:03 AM
ScoobyDooMe
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile CVC in Cardiff

Just thought I would give CVC in Cardiff a quick mention as I couldn't really have asked for a better dealer to work with.

I bought a MY01 WRX WR Blue, from them in April 2001, it 18 miles on the clock and he knocked 1500 off the price (this is before they discounted all there cars across the board).

I had a few problems early on with the alarm system, which was very frustrating but they always put it right quickly and without quibble.

At Christmas I came around to selling the car, at first I tried selling it in Autotrader for 13k, apart from silly offers (10/11k) there was nothing genuine.

I went to CVC and asked him how much he would give me for it, 11k which was trade value. He then asked me how much I wanted, I said 12k.

He agreed 12 on the basis that he would sell it first then give me the money. After being without a car for a while deciding what I was going to go for next and being very undecided and after test driving a whole range of other so called perfromance cars, M3, Boxter etc, I have now decided to use my old car as a part ex against a MY04 STI PPP.

He's now giving me 13k for my WRX (22000 miles, good condition) against only 11k, the best offer I had from other dealers or privately. This was on the basis that he wasn't going to discount the new car. But its just swings and roundabouts.

I've also gone for a load of extras, which would have retailed, including fitting to about another 4k (the PPP being a fare chunk of that). We have agreed on 2700 for all the extra's including fitting, i.e.
1/ PPP.
2/ Front strut brace.
3/ Kenwoord CD changer and bracket.
4/ Mats.
5/ WR sport gear ****.
6/ WR 6 speed quick shift.
7/ STI branded entry guards.

As I have been without a car as such, there have been a few weekends when I could have really done with a decent car, so while my car is being prepared, he has lent me a number of his test cars, STI, WRX SL sometimes for as long as a weekend.

He's still making quite a bit of money on the deal I have no doubt, but I have toi say I'm pleased with the deal as a whole.

I have to say very helpful staff all round, good service, don't feel like your dealing with 'Arthur Daley'.

Speak to Jason he is the sales dircetor there and the son of the garage owner.