Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Rebuild at scoobyclinic?

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2004, 05:31 PM
Tony.b
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rebuild at scoobyclinic?

Looking for an engine rebuild on v3 sti RA, followed by installation and set up. Scoobyclinic say they are good for the job. Can anyone feedback on similar work carried out there.
Old 16 February 2004, 11:08 AM
K9VYN
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Tony,

Last 6 - 8 months has been a total nightmare for me with 3 poor quality engine builds from Central subaru and an unfortunate front ender 5 days after my last rebuild (by Scoobyclinic - fortunately not ruining my new engine).

Scoobyclinic have been a breath of fresh air given all the other negative factors. The Centra Subaru saga, lasted approx 4 months, where I was supposed to have had an STi spec engine - lastly a STi version 3. After the 3rd failure I wasn't going back there and Scoobyclinc became my builder of choice.

In just 7 days (and that could be down to good timing on my part, though they do turn work around quickly there) I had my car back from the Clinic with a STi version 2 RA spec engine. All the usual RA stuff... forged pistons, crank, solid lifters, wild cams, ported head, special pitson cooling oil jets etc, etc. That's what I call good service - in fact, over and above what you'd expect.

Now unfortuanetely, I haven't been able to enjoy the engine to its full potential due to my accident 5 days later (still have some running in to do when the car comes back). What I can say however is how well the car feels when driven normally. It sounds well, and feels torquey and gives the impression that it will absolutely fly once i get to open it up over 4K - can't wait!

The staff are friendly and knowledgeable. They also take pride in their work. If you go up and see them in the next few days (a little difficult to find), take a look at my car. The quality of the repair is very good (albeit I'm no expert). And the paint work is top dollar. I've not lost sight of the fact that you're looking for engine work (which obviously I have had), but to me pride in their work and good customer service for all jobs (big or small) gives a strong indication of the standards you can expect.

I say take a trip up there and have a chat with em.. I have no complaints and have yet to hear of any to date. They certainly seem to be the Scooby specialst of choice at the moment.

Hope you sort your engine out and get back on the road soon. Feel free to drop me a line if you have anymore questions.

Cheers,

Kev

Last edited by K9VYN; 19 February 2004 at 06:05 AM.
Old 16 February 2004, 11:24 AM
K9VYN
Scooby Regular

Tony,

A couple of extra threads you may or may not have seen re perfomance related work at Scooby clinic (worth doing when your engine is rebuilt/being built perhaps??).

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/showthread.php?t=300056

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/showthread.php?t=299668

Hope these help too,

Kev
Old 17 February 2004, 09:18 PM
greg.g
Scooby Regular

Location: Faster than a quickshift.... get yourself a bionic arm ;)
Default Kev

You really have had some bad **** recently havent you

I would just like to say thanks for giving me some support when i pranged my car on the tour of derbyshire last year

My car is now back to its old self...
Plus a power engingeering re-map

I am off to scoobyclinic on monday for a small service and to have a pod and gauges fitted

Good luck with the engine trouble

Greg
Old 18 February 2004, 05:40 AM
K9VYN
Scooby Regular

hi Greg,

no probs re T.O.D mate, it was an unfortunate incident and i'm sure many others would have done the same. glad to here your car is back... new and improved eh!?

my engine troubles should be over now SC have breathed on it - looking forward to some serious performance once its run in and the map tweaked again. FMIC should make a big difference. i am also having some 'A' pilar gauges fitted just so i can keep an eye on things, although i don't expect any issues.

i guess i'll see you on the next T.O.D as you're quite a distance from us for the more regular meets. take care in the meant time.

Kev

Last edited by K9VYN; 18 February 2004 at 05:41 AM.
Old 18 February 2004, 08:40 AM
mikeesingh
Scooby Regular

Location: Fastest 4 Clyinder Manual impreza 8.83 1/4 mile GT35 Billet

can highly recomend the clinic, being using them for 3 years now.

mikee
Old 18 February 2004, 08:34 PM
i8gtmf
Scooby Regular

I can recommend scoobyclinic 100% also would trust my car with anyone else from now on.They did a small paintwork job for me recently and it was spot on

Greg
glad you made it off that corner mate pleased you got everything fixed .Hope mr plod didn't give you a producer too .

Dave
Old 18 February 2004, 09:17 PM
scooby-si
Scooby Regular

Location: 2005 sso, 1/4 finals,3rd in 60ft; 2004 sso,semi finals,2nd in 60ft time; 2003 standard car 2nd 60ft

they rebuilt my 22b m8 sweettttttttttttttt

and it did 13.58 quarter mile, and the book figure is 13.75

Last edited by scooby-si; 18 February 2004 at 09:20 PM.
Old 19 February 2004, 02:24 AM
DaveBlueRA
Scooby Regular

Take it to Scoobyclinic. They are rebuilding my RA at the mine although it wont be standard

But be warned you will end up having more than just the rebuild, whenever you go there you seem to have extra bits done
Old 19 February 2004, 06:01 AM
K9VYN
Scooby Regular

Dave (BlueRA),

Tell me about it - cool though isn't it Mine's the red WRX in the smaller workshop getting the front end facelift. Now I had planned a bigger TMIC (which I sourced and incidentally didn't fit), but am coming away with a hoooooge APS FMIC on top of the scheduled body work.

Caused Kev no end of grief cutting and re shaping the back of the bumper he'd already customised for me, but it'll all be worth the effort when the car is finished (Trust me Kev... it will ). It'll be a Scoobyclinic masterpiece. Plus Kev did advise that now, while the front was off, would be the ideal time to go FMIC (you remember saying that Kev? ).

Seriously though - I was up there yesterday and the amount of custom work going into relocating components under the bonnet (cheers Mark/Kev) and behind the bumper to accomodate the new intercooler is massive. Only something you can trust to people who are enthusiastic about the marque and the quality of their own workmanship/standards. Its been great to see the car at various stages of the job - allows you to appreciate the effort invloved.

I think when they are done with our cars (inc. Mikee's/Scooby-si's among others), they'll end up as Scoobyclinic showpieces - truly unique, one off, custom jobbies

Hats off to all at the clinic.

Kev

ps Dave (i8gtmf),

still can't get over you getting a producer simply for stopping to see if all parties were ok and offering help. i suspect Greg would have gotten a producer as a matter of course.

still, all sorted now - can get on with enjoying our cars eh! incidentally, you've had some performance work done recently - up for a RR day around April time? perhaps DaveBlueRA would be interested also?

Last edited by K9VYN; 19 February 2004 at 06:11 AM.
Old 19 February 2004, 08:37 PM
i8gtmf
Scooby Regular

Kev,
Yep i'd be up for that mate just bear in mind mines a uk car so i need a head start .Also have a boost problem at around 3500 rpm at the moment hope for kev and the boys to sort that on Saturday.

Dave
Old 20 February 2004, 10:01 PM
greg.g
Scooby Regular

Location: Faster than a quickshift.... get yourself a bionic arm ;)

Yep i got a producer as well

Looking forward to having a pod and gauges fitted on monday.
I was part of the indiglo group buy, but gave up on it in the end.
SC are supplying the gauges for me now.
Also having a knocklink and samco turbo hoses fitted

Roll on monday
Old 20 February 2004, 10:29 PM
DaveBlueRA
Scooby Regular

K9vyn

Yeah i saw it the other week, Mine is the Blue RA in the small work shop next to the big 4x4 truck. U see my nice big turbo
Old 21 February 2004, 05:17 AM
K9VYN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DaveBlueRA
K9vyn

Yeah i saw it the other week, Mine is the Blue RA in the small work shop next to the big 4x4 truck. U see my nice big turbo
Dave,

I was up there last night - I will take a look when i next go up as i think my car may be ready before yours (fingers x'd for next week).

Greg,

So you've had a few tweaks... you may be interested to know that once run in (and remapped), I will be looking to pay powerstation another visit for RR.

Both Paul & Marv (attended the last one) have also had performance work done (I've driven Paul's since - it really has a marked improvement, very quick) as well as several others up here, so I should be able to organise a reasonable sized group. Perhaps you and Dave (if ready around April) would be up for it?

Kev