Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Anyone get their euro import warranty work done at Monks Heath or Robinsons?

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2003, 08:26 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

If so have you had any problems with them due to it being an import? Also is there any problems with servicing, parts sourcing etc?

Any info would be appreciated,

Tony.
Old 22 December 2003, 08:35 AM
scoobyslut
Scooby Regular

I p[ersonally dont go there for service ,but from what I understand about the import warranty & parts side is:
1/ Parts - basically no problem if a "euro car" and not jap spec.
2/ warranty- if parallel import, only one rule applies and that is ALL warranty work has to be given "permission" to carry out, by the supplying country,which can take about a week at maximum to gain, prior to any warranty work being undertaken by the dealer.

I hope that helps to clarify your situation.

PS, all the above will only take effect of course, so long as the vehicle details have been "cleared" by Subaru UK and permission gained from the supplying country.
To Do so, needs a copy of original purchase invoice and certificate of comformity to be sent to warranty dept of Subaru UK, they can then "log" the car onto the Uk network and authorise Uk network warranty cover, from the date of purchase on the original purchase invoice, not your date of purchase from your supplier.
Old 22 December 2003, 08:40 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Cheers for that. Basically that's the situation as i understand it but i just wanted to get a feel for the actual dealer. If they treat you as if you had a UK car or if they don't exactly give you their full attention or cooperation to get the work done.

Tony.

Old 22 December 2003, 11:03 AM
stubee doo
Scooby Regular

when i had a uk turbo i used to get everything done by monks heath with no problems what so ever good service,maybe a tad pricey but good all round.
then i bought an import wrx and they wouldnt even service it for me,they said they dont touch jap cars at all????
Old 22 December 2003, 12:10 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Doesn't surprise me at all with it being a Jap Import. Hopefully they would be a bit more reseptive of a euro 'parallel' import tho?

Tony.
Old 23 December 2003, 07:06 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

Tony,i wouldnt use them at all,i took my MY01 Euro import to them for its first service and they treated me like i was a second class citizen.
They wouldnt let me test drive an STi7 as quote 'its a very powerfull car sir and we dont just let anybody drive a Subaru'my reply was is that right when the RB5 WR they had for sale in there was my old car and my new MY01 was in there being serviced,attention to the customer is not one of their traits.
I had to explain the rules about Euro imports to them as at first they wouldnt touch it,my mate waited 3 weeks for a cam position sensor from them for his import (Not good).
My advice would be go to Holdcroft in Widnes they always have a courtesy car for you (Monks Heath wanted 2 months notice)and the guys look after you.
Ask for Danny Dunbabin and tell him Zippy put you in touch, dont forget to ask for your discount.LOL.

Zippy

[Edited by ZIPPY - 12/23/2003 7:07:12 PM]
Old 23 December 2003, 07:12 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Cheers Mate.... i seem to get the impression when i've been to Monks Heath before that they kind of look down on you. Probably something to do with being so close to Alderly Edge.... 'im considerrrrably richer than yaw' sort of mentatlity

Tony.