Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Anyone bought a car from Warrander???

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2003, 09:55 PM
DaveBlueRA
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know this should be in dealers but this is important.

Just wondering how many people on here and bout a scooby or other car from warrender in Runcorn, Cheshire. As if you have i pray nothing goes wrong on it while it is in warranty
Old 19 December 2003, 09:56 PM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

why???
Old 19 December 2003, 09:58 PM
DaveBlueRA
Scooby Regular

Well they "fixed" my MY99 RA under warranty when the crank went and the warranty only covered 2k worth of repairs. Then 2 months later it went again. And this time was due to the warranty company they use building the engine wrong. Only this time my engine is scrap
Old 20 December 2003, 12:08 AM
jason4656
Scooby Regular

i wouldnt like to quote my source, however i have been told that lately they are going downhill from someone very much in the know, locally, they also bullshyted me about buying a car, claimed they didnt even know its origin, sounded like a really dodgy salesperson
Old 20 December 2003, 08:28 AM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
I know a guy in Nottm who had an RA earlier this year.. bought one from them.. keeps saying its 380bhp!! had problems with it.. think its only running on one cylinder had work done on warranty.. still not really sorted.

come to mention it.... its you Dave! LoL

Old 20 December 2003, 09:37 AM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I always found them to be very expensive for their cars

the 22b they had in, im sure they have had that for sale for well over a year too

Old 20 December 2003, 02:42 PM
stubee doo
Scooby Regular

i bought my evo 5 from them slightly overpriced at £18k,and they agreed when i bought the car that when i wanted shut of the car they would buy it back,that was them trying to sell the car as when i was bored with the car i rang them (6 months of ownership) to ask how much they are gonna give me and they said sorry we dont buy cars,but you can p/x against something else from us.

also i was looking on there web site and when the lotus carlton advert appeared they advertised it as 577bhp so i rang them and told them its only 377bhp so they changed it.
they are only interested in getting money from customers and there aftersales isnt very good at all,wouldnt personally recommend them unless you want an overpriced car that is.
Old 20 December 2003, 03:36 PM
Mr Magoo
Scooby Regular

Question

hey folks why not ask the man himself instead of having a go ?

the owner is also the owner of track action and if you go into the trackday forum he posts in there as track action.hes called simon.

ive bought a car from there recently and had no problems, ive been told the car industry is very bad and that you have to remember that dealers have large overheads.

so come on you muppets, instead of hiding behind your pc's like the halfwits you are use what little brain cells you have hey

friends of simons
Old 20 December 2003, 04:52 PM
DaveBlueRA
Scooby Regular

I was havin a go about the warranty company they use not them.
Old 20 December 2003, 08:57 PM
DaveBlueRA
Scooby Regular

Ah yes phill, you came on cruisenotts sayin that it was my fault that it blew up and you never heard of one blowin up before. Hmmm how many people on here have had problems with engines on here????
Old 20 December 2003, 10:12 PM
pwebb
Scooby Regular

quote: "remember that dealers have large overheads"

what? in Barnton ? - ho ho ho - even more scabby than the old place in Bolton

nah - best advice don't believe anything any car salesman says

buy any scooby/evo/whatever and EXPECT to lose a bundle of money - then you won't be disappointed - Warrender no different to anywhere else in this respect.

Old 20 December 2003, 10:15 PM
taffyterzo
Scooby Regular

I think it was the spelling that was wrong,I think Mr Magoo meant to write "dealers have large heads"
Old 21 December 2003, 12:40 AM
bits'n'pieces
Scooby Regular

My mate bought a W reg skyline from there and from what I've seen of it and their service (went up there for parts he'd imported) they were brilliant, maybe it's a case of one person with the **** and the rest are good guys. ?
Old 21 December 2003, 02:59 PM
stubee doo
Scooby Regular

oh right if we are talking about auto warranty in runcorn they are ok but why make me travel 50 miles to get my front discs sorted out and they put a second hand set on the car which were worse than the ones i had on in the 1st place,hence a second trip of 50 miles to get the correct ones fitted.
Old 21 December 2003, 07:54 PM
DaveBlueRA
Scooby Regular

oh right if we are talking about auto warranty in runcorn they are ok but why make me travel 50 miles to get my front discs sorted out and they put a second hand set on the car which were worse than the ones i had on in the 1st place,hence a second trip of 50 miles to get the correct ones fitted.
Maybe for simple things. They "repaired" my engine after my crank went. Now 6 months later my car has no engine in as it is scrap. They didnt build the engine right. Before people start sayin pc warrior and all this stuff, i have a independant report syain that they rebuilt it wrong

[Edited by DaveBlueRA - 12/21/2003 7:56:04 PM]
Old 22 December 2003, 08:31 AM
stubee doo
Scooby Regular

they did a 22b as well a week after the rebuild of the engine it was back in for a full replacement engine,wonder why????

oh and they ripped me off on a set of red dot brake pads £180 fitted,surley thats overpriced.

[Edited by stubee doo - 12/22/2003 8:32:11 AM]
Old 22 December 2003, 07:14 PM
DaveBlueRA
Scooby Regular

Pads between 80 and 100. and 1 hours labour
Old 23 December 2003, 09:32 AM
stubee doo
Scooby Regular

thought it was expensive must send a letter bomb lol
Old 23 December 2003, 05:15 PM
DaveBlueRA
Scooby Regular

Now thats not a bad idea
Old 24 December 2003, 09:26 AM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

What originally happened with your engine, what did they say they replaced, what warranty did they dive on their repair and what has your independant assessment said?

They have to give a warranty on work carried out, but I "think" it's only 6 months so you may be unlucky there. If you can prove from your report (you'll probably need another to confirm the first) then take them to court. Small claims if that'll cover it.

Go to www.moneyclaimonline.co.uk

Very simple to issue court proceedings, gets sent straight to them so no messing.
Old 24 December 2003, 12:41 PM
DaveBlueRA
Scooby Regular

The crank went and it took a piston and con rod with it. They "repaired" it and charged we 3500, would of been 5500 but it was in warranty as i had only had the car 2 weeks.

The 6 months later bang crank again. And they are sayin it is 3 months warranty. Turns out when they rebuilt my engine they bolted the crank case together and used normal washers instead of dowty washers therefore there was no seal and my oil got full of antifreeze. etc etc oil pump was pumpin froth, and oil starvation on crank. BUT..... They also put the cam caps on wrong so my cams and heads are knackered. They did a crap job reboring my block last time due to the finish on it so the block is scrap. And they were suppose to of put a new turbo on when they rebuilt it and they havent as the turbo is knackered too, and it has been confirmed that it is not a new turbo. They report basically says that my engine is scrap due to them rebuildin it wrong

TURBO

CRANK

SHELLS