Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Is Crossroads Garage (in Rake) trading?

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2003, 07:05 PM
Rodeo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does any one know if this company is still open for business. They still owe me a refund from the tyres they could not deliver earilier in the year.

I think the only way to get my refund is to drive to them and see them face to face, But its a long drive and not a lot of point if they are not open.

So any help or ideas most gratefully recieved.

Anthony
Old 04 December 2003, 07:27 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

It's a bit of a vague memory but hadn't the bailiffs gone into the place and it was stripped? Thought that there was another business in the same area but can't remember the ins and outs of things.

You could try to have a search for the original tyres offer thread as I think this was gone through then. Looking back through my posts as I know I added bits to the thread, it looks like it might have been deleted - maybe it turned nasty in the end?

Apple

edited for obvious spelling clangers

[Edited by Apple - 12/4/2003 7:29:37 PM]

[Edited by Apple - 12/4/2003 7:30:14 PM]
Old 04 December 2003, 07:43 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Careful please!

Crossroads garage in Shipston Upon Stour is definitely doing well. They're an official Suburu franchised dealer.

I don't know of the other Crossroad garage.
Nick.
Old 04 December 2003, 09:29 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadid=203403
Old 09 December 2003, 11:35 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

David Hunt and his wife, who apparently own's the business, are largely not in business anymore. They bounced us for over 2 grand in Jan / Feb this year and then even bounced the bailiffs when they came around. Both, a naughty pair and you should give them a wide berth.

There was a thread on here ealier in September or so and one of the scoobynet gang went there to see as he lives locally. His opinion was that if you went there you would never deal with them as it was a complete tip in the back of a farmyard with nothing happening and certainly not any high profile stock around the premises if I recall.

If you paid for your tyres by C Card then you'll get your money back from them. If you paid by cheque - it's gone and I don't think you've any chance of seeing it again. As I understand it APi is not even close to the top of the queue to get paid back.

Good luck one and all

David API

PS I concur, with the above Crossroads Garage are a proper dealership and are nothing to do with the Hunts.
Old 09 December 2003, 12:02 PM
telm3boy
Scooby Newbie

Beware he has moved to a premises in farnham in surrey under the cross road banner.
Old 09 December 2003, 01:38 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Angry

telm3boy, Thanks for that !! They say it's very difficult to kill a Snake !!
Old 09 December 2003, 03:25 PM
telm3boy
Scooby Newbie

Cross road garage, unit a, the factory, dippenal, farnham, gu10 5dw this is the same dave hunt. true it is hard to kill a snake. why not ring him 01252 820850. beware he is a real W***ER
Old 09 December 2003, 04:21 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Wink

Thanks again !! I might just pay him a visit that'd be better don'tcha think?? Or maybe l'll point the bailiffs at him there.

David API

PS you're right, this guy needs watching very carefully, although I believe the Webmaster dropped him out of the loop because of many complaints and I'd be surprised if he got let back in.
Old 09 December 2003, 10:07 PM
Rodeo
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks for all the information.
This started in May for me as well when the "great tyre offer" was around.

I did pay with my CC but they (Barclaycard) keep telling me I can't have a refund as I dont have any paperwork to prove Im entitled to one. I dont seem to be able to get anywhere as all the ordering etc.. was done over the phone and as they never delivered I dont have any paperwork at all.

Does anyone know if there is a different approach to get Barclarcard to refund me?

Thanks for the new address and telephone number I give them a try but dont hold any hopes.

Anthony.

[Edited by Rodeo - 12/9/2003 10:07:39 PM]
Old 09 December 2003, 10:21 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Thank god I didn't pay by card, I went and got my tyres and paid cash! I wonder if the person/business who supplied then tyres ever got paid??
he told me that his godfather was the chairman of Goodyear uk, hence the deal!! I winder if that was true, or if that was a load of porkies too!! Most of the tyres were held at Farnham, so things weren't right from the start!!
Old 10 December 2003, 09:25 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Angry

Knowing the way the Hunts carry on, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out the Goodyears 'fell off the back of a lorry' as they put it.................

David API
Old 10 December 2003, 09:38 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Rodeo,

When we get stiffed by the great card con, Barclays write to us insisting that we provide proof that the customer actually ordered the parts and that it WAS the actual customer/ card holder. They usually nick the payment back off me same day then if l can prove that the goods were ordered, delivered and accepted by the cardholder l get the money back. When someone like Hunt does a runner I can see a problem. However I think that if you create enough stink Barclaycard WILL eventually refund you. Just keep at it

Just now we have been caught by a Scottish lad who ordered a, Impreza NS front drive shaft to be delivered to Scotland by mail. The carriers were slack or he outwitted them, as he didn't sign for the goods. Now Barclaycard are asking for proof of delivery and we can't provide it. I'm expecting to get paid out by the carriers as similarly they can't prove that the goods were delivered because of the lack of signature. Any other Scoobynetter company will tell you similar stories.

Normally when car parts are ordered it's either a cloned card that has had all its data copied or the card holder is being cute. Normal credit card fraud is for camera's, stereo's, tele's etc not specific car parts. If l could prove that the guy who ordered the parts actually owned a car for which the parts were ordered, I might have a chance with the cops. But we all know about them don't we.

Rant over - breathing calmer now, Ommmmmm Ommmmmm Ommmmm

LOL David API
Old 10 December 2003, 09:54 AM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

i eventually got my money back on the tyres i ordered from this p***k, i count myself very lucky indeed!! Good luck, i hope you get it back!!
Old 11 December 2003, 09:45 AM
Rich Tee
Scooby Regular

this again !!!

going to see him doesnt work, i tried that and got a rubber cheque.

did finally get my money back, via the courts after the bailiffs has been in 3 times me thinks, David Hunt even gave the bailiffs a rubber cheque.

I understand they eventually went in and seized equipment, but probably only jst got enough to cover my tyres !!!

R

Old 11 December 2003, 02:40 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

If you paid by credit card and the stuff didn't turn up, the card company must refund you if you get no joy with the marchant, end of story, they are liable thanks to the Consumer Credit Act.

You must start proceedings within 180 days of the transaction being charged

Do we know for absolute definite that the chap in the new place is the same guy?

Cheers,
Nick.
Old 11 December 2003, 03:35 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Angry

Do we know for absolute definite that the chap in the new place is the same guy?

Described as; long and thin, forked tongue, hisses, can change skin when discovered. Sounds pretty good to me.

David API

How do you do that thing where the comment comes out bold between upper and lower lines on Scoobynet guys?

[Edited by APIDavid - 12/11/2003 3:36:40 PM]
Old 11 December 2003, 03:57 PM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
enclose the quote between quote threads, click on the edit post button of any post with a
quote contained in it
Paul
Old 11 December 2003, 04:31 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

David, I understand your absolute loathing of the fellow, but is he for definite the same guy?

If yes, I believe it may be beneficial to post full details as there's lots of people who want to speak with him about debts.

Cheers,
Nick.
Old 11 December 2003, 04:48 PM
telm3boy
Scooby Newbie

I know a chap who runs a local factors and it is the same W****R
Old 11 December 2003, 05:40 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

When I went and got my tyres, he was talking about there being loads more at Farnham, it'd be a big fluke if there was another bloke selling tyres and doing subaru work with the same name!!

Ron.
ps, I'd say he was about 45ish, 5'8"ish - 5'10"ish. and with a good sized belly! and also balding!
Old 12 December 2003, 01:37 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Chiark, I'm going on the details listed here by others who are much nearer to him than I. As said above it's too much of a coincidence that within a very small radius there are two David Hunt's dealing in tyres and Subaru and called Crossroads Garage.

AND, given that there's been no indignant messages from a wronged honest tyre dealer [sic]LOL, I think we can be fairly safe in he knowledge that it's one and the same person. He's clearly made a great impression with the Scooby community and as you say, I am sure that there are far more people out there who'd like to get their hands on him and many more that need to be warned off.

David API
Old 12 December 2003, 02:42 PM
Miniman
Scooby Regular

I went and picked up my tyres. It wasn't the most professional of outfits. Still looks like me sitting on their doorstep was the best way of actually getting my tyres.
Old 12 December 2003, 10:21 PM
Rich Tee
Scooby Regular

Just to let everyone know the facrts that i know.

He does have another premesis in Farnham.

He has a partner / girlfriend i think, called A. Warren (this was the name on the first cheque i received form him which bounced)

I was reliably informed that this is his girlfriend, and he uses her account when his is dry.

A while ago, shortly after the crossroads tyres fiasco, there was an add on Scoobyshop for Goodyears at about 310 for 4 x 17's - still a good price.

This was advertised by Anita Warren, Castle Tyres, Farnham, I cant remember the address. (describing themselves as new to the business)

I let SDB know about this as soon as i saw the ad, it was subsequantly removed, whilst being investiated.

David Hunt is personally bankrupt, that means that Crossroads, or his other businesses cant legally be in his name, AFAIK they are not limited companies, and are in names of his associates / family.

Rich

Old 12 December 2003, 10:53 PM
quicksprint
Scooby Regular

David,it was me that went up to the old unit at Liss to see if he was still trading.......it was a very 'quality' set up!!

steve
Old 18 December 2003, 03:42 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

btt
Old 31 December 2003, 03:13 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Angry

Right back up there!! just to remind you for the new year
Old 02 January 2004, 08:13 AM
telm3boy
Scooby Newbie

belive it or not he calls him self prodrive autos now
Old 18 January 2004, 01:54 AM
Dougy Giro
Scooby Regular

This has gota be the same fat tosser !!!

The telephone number given by telm3boy at the begining of this thread is the same one he give me when i went to see him in July to order 2 sets of tyres - he said too use this number coz its the number of the place in Fanham where he stores the tyres and hes there alot !!!

Also told me to contact Anita to sort out the payments - which concurs with what Rich Tee was saying.

Anyhow to cut a long story short the P***K still owes me £240 + £25 coz the bank charged me for a bouncing cheque !!!

I've just been to the small claims court to get the relavent forms. But if hes gone out of buisness i dont think theres much point in going all the way down there from Co.Durham, just to get paid £1.50 a week !!! Think i'll put it down to a harsh lesson learned.

Like my Granny used to say "if it looks to good to be true, then it probaby is!!!"

Love to see him get his just deserts though !!!

cheers
Dave
Old 18 January 2004, 04:39 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

If he's calling himself Prodrive autos, please post contact details as, given the recent interest in protection of their marks, I assume that Prodrive may want to speak to him?

Quick Reply: Is Crossroads Garage (in Rake) trading?