Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

What is it with Scoobysport?

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2003, 03:29 PM
ricco
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Really pissed off now.... I have been trying to sort out some new wheels for ages now but couldn't find anyone to supply the wheels i wanted (Detroit F1 in Gold). I remembered i e-mailed Scoobysport at the end of Jan and they said they were importing more in March so i e-mailed again and they said last week of march. I confirmed the wheels i wanted and the colour and they said they were getting them..

Phoned up last week to get an ETA, still last week in March they say, they have placed the order with the supplier and are waiting for them to be painted and shipped. OK i thought, will get some then

Just phoned up again today and am told that they are not getting them in at all any more!!!! How crap is that? Surely you know if you have ordered wheels or not so what happened to the order???

For a reputable company such as Scoobysport i think this is apalling. You have either ordered wheels or you haven't and you don't tell someone you are getting them if you are not

Very disappointed and disolutioned by Scoobysport. Would apreciate a response and or explanation. I can post the E-mail transcript also if necessary.

Old 20 March 2003, 05:07 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Richard

As I explained in my email, we have seen virtually no demand for these wheels since Christmas, so I have revised my intention to take them into stock this year.

If you were in business and very few people wanted to buy 18" widgets, would you be prepared to tie up over £10,000 of your working capital in stocking 18" widgets? I would hope not.

I prefer to use our capital in stocking the products which are popular and will leave the supply of these wheels to Elite, who are the UK importer. We did give you Elite's details, as they supply retail and trade.

I am sorry that my decision has caused you to be so upset, but like all companies, we must follow market trends.

[Edited by Pete Croney - 20/03/2003 17:09:58]
Old 20 March 2003, 05:15 PM
ricco
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Pete, as i said on the E-Mail, it is not your the fact that you decided not to stock the wheels that dissapointed me, it is the fact that you had told me you had ordered some from the manufacturer then you turn round and say you are not going to stock them after all.

I aggree completely with the business decision not to stock, but if that is your decision, 1) you should take the items off your website and 2) you should not tell potential customers that you have ordered some stock.

Sorry for the rant but this is the 3rd time i have been let down on wheels in the last month.... You wouldn't expect it to be this difficult to part with over a thousand quid!

BTW. Elite were one of the companies that let me down... they cannot get these wheels in Gold.
Old 20 March 2003, 05:26 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Richard

Elite are the main importers and can order them in gold, but it will be special order, taking approx 4 weeks to come through.
Old 20 March 2003, 05:57 PM
ricco
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I phoned Elite today and was told that they cannot get these wheels in Gold.

I had previously placed an order with Elite but was then told a week later that they could not get them, they can only get them in Silver.

Old 20 March 2003, 06:43 PM
Airwolf
Scooby Regular

Why not get them in silver then?
Old 20 March 2003, 08:39 PM
Disco
Scooby Regular

.....then have them painted gold?

Trending Topics

Old 21 March 2003, 12:47 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Question

I thought Scoobysport/Italianwheels were the importers for Technomagnesia wheels?
Old 22 March 2003, 12:13 PM
Paul N P
Scooby Regular

Old 25 March 2003, 10:07 PM
RussP
Scooby Regular

Never mind, Gold's really Naff - the way things are going for you, by the time you manage to buy some wheels it'll be back in fashion!

See, it all works out in the end!