Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Gear Box Leak - Servicing

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2002, 09:41 AM
Chod
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just had an Oil change service at a Subaru dealer - UK97. They told me that one of my tires was low on tread and that my ABS sensor wasn't working. What they failed to notice was that my gear box was leaking around the linkage. The only reason that I know this is that I took it up the local garage to have the downpipe fitted, and they noticed. I had a look myself, and it is not difficult to spot!!

Should Subaru trained mechanics be spotting these kind of things, if my local grease monkey can?

They told me that it wasn't a big problem, and just to keep an eye on it. Everytime I speak to these guys they laugh when I tell them how much I have spent on the latest service. Surely, I should be getting something for my bucks apart from a wash and wax and a nice smelly air freshener?

May start to use the locals from now on!! Whatever I lose at resale from not having FSSH, I will surely save in servicing costs if I keep it for a couple of more years.

I have not named the garage, as it could have been a one off!