Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Virgin Cars Warning

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2002, 08:14 PM
SSSSSSS
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had a particularly bad experience purchasing a WRX from Virgin Cars. To cut a very long story short - Poor service throughout the process - calls not returned, delivery cancelled at late notice + final straw.... car eventually delivered with wrong seats. Virgin denied responsibility claiming "we had supplied you with a vehicle to full UK specification which meant that if you rejected the vehicle on these grounds you would stand to lose your deposit". This despite print-out I had of vehicle spec and the sports seats being specified on delivery note! As they had £3K of my money, I was had good and proper by the short and curlies. I would not recommend Virgin Cars to anyone.
Old 22 November 2002, 08:21 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Did you mean "sports seats". What Subaru call the sports seats are the less sporty seats as opposed to the "bucket seats". Hope that is not a "doh" moment for you.

Assuming that you can prove they have not delivered the car you ordered - which your post suggests you can? - I would speak to Trading Standards and maybe the CAB as I stongly imagine you have a good case from contract law.
Old 22 November 2002, 08:32 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

BBC Watchdog had a really go at them earlier in the week about delivery dates, poor comms etc. I am sure they would be interested with your story .

here the watchdog link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/report...rgincars.shtml
Old 25 November 2002, 11:51 AM
SSSSSSS
Scooby Newbie

Thanks Hades - yes I do mean "sports seats" so no doh moment. These and side airbags in spec of car given by Virgin.
Old 27 November 2002, 07:13 PM
naturbo2000
Scooby Regular

AFAIK Chris is right.

Sports seats with side airbags are *not* the bucket seats we all know and love. The subaru sports seats are like those sold on the early Impreza Sports and have a seperate headrest.

The bucket seats aren't available with side airbags.

Old 27 November 2002, 07:14 PM
naturbo2000
Scooby Regular

I mean hades is right
Old 28 November 2002, 01:48 PM
SSSSSSS
Scooby Newbie

We're all correct! I ordered sports seats i.e not with buckets but with side air bags - This is what Virgin told me the car was fitted with. The car came with bucket seats and no airbags. It's this change of spec that Virgin deny any liability for. My reason for posting the warning is that their denial of any liability infers that they can deliver a car in a different spec to the one you'd ordered (different colour for instance) and try to insist that you accept it. With the benefit of hindsight I now discover that you've a five day cooling off period for purchases made via the 'net. My honest advice though to anyone still considering purchasing a car from Virgin would be arrange for it to be delivered outside a solicitor's address & to pay the £100 or so that it would cost to have the solicitor present when the delivery takes place. I originally chose to go to Virgin as opposed to some cheaper suppliers because of the reassurance of their brand name - now we all know better.
Old 28 November 2002, 06:57 PM
naturbo2000
Scooby Regular

Soz mate,

Didn't know anyone actually wanted those seats

They really ought to cough up the money to get the correct seats fitted. It's not like it's gonna put them out of business (not that it should matter) - and would avoid you bad mouthing them here.

I've already placed my order through Eurekar and so far so good - very helpful customer services (fingers crossed I get the right one...)
Old 29 November 2002, 10:48 AM
Alpine
Scooby Regular

Did the car come with service books and manuals? 10 months and still waiting.. I did post a while back about their crap service... Never Again..
Old 29 November 2002, 05:23 PM
SSSSSSS
Scooby Newbie

To be fair it did come with service books etc but as you say.... NEVER AGAIN
Old 30 November 2002, 11:19 PM
scoobypig
Scooby Regular

My 01WRX had the mis-named sports seats. I hated then so much that i bought an 02wrx with buckets to get out of them. They are really soft and give zero lumbar support.
They seemed fine on test drive...
If you're stuck with the car I'm sure someone would swap...