Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Warranty Holdings...has anyone had any work done

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2002, 01:13 PM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

That went through the claim system ok?

Don't want to start a liable case here, its just that I've been given the option to upgrade my warrany cover to the full purchase price of my car.

Is it worth the extra £160 in premium?

Old 22 November 2002, 01:37 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Have a look at the "'Nother STi went bang" (or words to that effect) thread. There a bunch of unhappy WH customers expressing their angst there!

Matt.
Old 22 November 2002, 01:38 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
no, its not worth it, i had a claim turned down and it cost me £900, not worth wiping your **** with the paper its written on, esp that company [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 22 November 2002, 01:41 PM
danny-boy
Scooby Regular

To be honest I've only heard bad things about Warranty Holdings.

Apprantly Warranty Wise are very good, but their price reflects it, from memory the price was like £350-£400 for a year.

In the end, I just setup a direct debit and save some money every month hopefully should help towards maintenance and repair bills.

I've also got a parts and labour warranty with the AA, basically if the car dies and wont start they pay up to £500 towards the repair bills, you can have up to 3 claims a year. With Option 200 recovery plus home start and the warranty it works out about £15 per month which isnt too bad.

Thanks

Dan
Old 22 November 2002, 01:43 PM
The Boy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

As above

WH warrenty is worthless IMHO
Old 22 November 2002, 01:51 PM
TomM
Scooby Regular

THEY ARE ****!!!!!!!!

They cost me £930, and they dont like to pay ANYTHING!!!!

My old BMW 325i Coupe came with 12 months Warranty Hoildings Warranty and withing 3 months the water pump impella snapped and cuased the car to overheat, and then cause bad damage to the rad and everything associated with it!

I was going to get it fixed by my friend for £390, but WH said -

"we can help, your car has full cover, please take it to Staion Hill TVR in Farnham and we will get it sorted"

So I got the car there, they fixed it all and then the phone call from WH. The car had been serviced once by my friend who is a Honda mechanic and he did it in his own time although at a Honda garage, WH asked me if I had kept up the sevice history and I said Yes, they asked to see it (bear in mind I have had the car for under 3 months) So off it went.

Becasue the service stam wasnt from a VAT registered garage they then told me that they would pay NOTHING!!!, I went nuts and basically after 2 weeks of messing around with solicitors and such I had to pay the £930 to get the car back for work I could have got done for much less than half that!!

Pissed off? - oh yes.

So my advice is DO NOT BOTHER!! - these things are not worth the paper they are printed on and selling warranties is very profitable because the never fecking pay out!!!

BE WARNED!!!!!

Ps - BMW warranties are excellent, as will most big names but these independant ******* are cowboys!

[Edited by TomM - 11/22/2002 1:53:31 PM]
Old 22 November 2002, 01:54 PM
danny-boy
Scooby Regular

Talking

But apart from all that Tom quites likes Warrenty Holdings
Old 22 November 2002, 02:12 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

I got WH warranty with the car... only three months tho. In that time i had two claims rejected. Then then asked at the end of the three months if i would like to renew... can you guess what i said? Think it was something like... go **** yourself!!!!!!!!!!

The other problem is that i tend to think that the garage doing the work doesn't like warranty companies... pain in the *** for them cos it's more paper work etc and they have to wait to be paid. I know when i said i had a WH warranty the guy looked soooo pleased .

I'd just use the policy to wipe my ****... it'll save a few pence on bog paper. That's basically all it will save you..... IMHO.

Tony.

[Edited by Tone Loc - 11/22/2002 2:13:27 PM]
Old 22 November 2002, 05:25 PM
tinvek
Scooby Regular

W H are unbelievable

we try often to claim for customers on ordinary cars and the excuses are pathetic. best i ever had was for a car with a burnt valve, they accepted the claim but wouldn't pay for a head gasket as it wasn't gone. i asked how the hell i was supposed to do the job without a head gasket and if i should use the old one (tongue in cheak) only to be told that unless the customer said other wise i should !
Old 22 November 2002, 07:23 PM
Gixerman
Scooby Regular

John

I've had two claims whilst i've owned my type-r.

One was for 5th gear syncro(Typical type-r fault)replacement.After a lot of aggro only got as far as splitting the bill with them(so cost me £200)
Other was for dead MAF which they paid out straight away for(£300)only asked if i had aftermarket air filter(which i did but dealer told them it was standard)so I guess you win some you lose some!!

On the whole I wouldn't recommend them though as their claims system is very badly operated!!

Tony
Old 22 November 2002, 08:59 PM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Thanks for the info guys, I don't think I'll bother

I seem to have a dodgy MAP and Idle speed valve on my car, I was going to do it myself, but GG quoted me £250 for the ISCV and don't yet have a price on the MAP sensor

I think I may take the car to a local dealer and try and get them to fix the problem while I try and get WH to pay for the repair.
Won't hold my breath though by the sounds of it

How can they get away with it??
[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Tony, on your MAF, did they pay for the repair, or did you have to pay and then claim it back?

Old 23 November 2002, 10:26 AM
Gixerman
Scooby Regular

John

Dealer replaced the MAF and recovered the cost from W Holdings so I didn't have to pay out.

Not sure but i think you can just replace the sensor and not the whole unit so should save a few quid if they don't pay out!!!

Tony
Old 24 November 2002, 08:13 PM
Matty B
Scooby Regular

Just spotted this thread...

I must be one of the lucky ones. had a prob 16 months ago with a piston ring, and their assessor looked at it and said it had "been repaired incorrectly". In fact it was the original one, and could only have happened through an engineering fault. However, 2 more visits by other WH assessors and some pretty photos they took resulted in a payout!! The best bit was when I spoke to them is the comment made by their Claims dept..."I'm afraid sir, we are going to have to pay your claim". Too damn right, mate!

And no, I didn't re-new either

Keep your hands on your wheel and steer well clear of them

Matthew

[Edited by Matty B - 11/24/2002 8:14:31 PM]