Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Servicing in Surrey

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2002, 12:23 AM
mancamefirst
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

I drive a Parallel Import MY00, and its due the 37.5K service. Was about to book it in with Cheam Motors (I live near Sutton)when I read on here that they were 'awkward' when it came to servicing Euro Imports (Haven't been impressed with them at all myself in previous dealings).
The service is urgent, and obviously I want a good job for a fair price etc (and my service book stamped, which is printed in foreign) so can anyone recommend somewhere within reasonable distance.

TIA
Old 20 November 2002, 12:41 PM
HELLOM8
Scooby Regular

Try giving Gatwick a call, they might do it.
Cheers.
Ian.
Old 21 November 2002, 06:54 PM
mancamefirst
Scooby Regular

Thanks Ian, do you know anyone who has had their Euro serviced there?
Old 23 November 2002, 02:26 PM
AJT
Scooby Regular

Just had my parallel import serviced at Cheam with no issues. It's UK spec so guess they are less concerned than if it's 'grey'.

Spoke to one of the sales chaps about import servicing and he confirmed they DO service some imports but only if they know the car inside & out - they don't welcome them in off the doorstep so to speak. He confirmed they service a couple of the S/net moderators cars so guess it might be a case of having the right contacts ?

My advice is pay them a visit and talk to the service manager about your car and see what they think - as long as you don't have too high expectations and remain polite/courteous, I'm sure you'll get some help in return (even if they can't service your particular car).

Friendly enough bunch of chaps at Cheam, though not what I would call a memorable first visit. Not enough to stop me thinking about trying some other places next service.

Thanks to the guys for getting me back on the road again within an hour.

Alex
Old 23 November 2002, 08:09 PM
mancamefirst
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the advice, maybe i should give them the benefit, and see what happens....One quick question, if you don't mind.

My car is UK spec (Dutch) with Dutch language service book,and I am aware some dealers won't stamp these as they 'cannot read/understand what they are stamping' Is your book printed in English, and if not did they stamp it without any problems
Old 23 November 2002, 09:18 PM
IanW
Scooby Regular

Speak to Andrew Barker at Cheam, they will be more than happy to service your car, and they WILL stamp your service book.

Ian
Old 24 November 2002, 12:30 AM
mancamefirst
Scooby Regular

IanW and Alex

Thanks guys, I will do as you say, I had hoped they would play ball as they are less than couple of miles away from me, and someone there (didn't get the name!) had suggested, my then imminent purchase, would be welcome.

I haven't been terribly impressed with them when I have had need to phone or visited them, been waiting over a year for them to get back to me with details of a car for sale (chased over a dozen times having taken my car in for possible PX etc) set of car mats (7 months heard nothing), Grill badge (7 months heard nothing) and phoned about the service 6 times this month and they still haven't got back to me. I will probably make alternative arrangements for future services (depending on how I get on this time), but as the current service is overdue, I really need it done local and quick.

Have I just been unlucky, or is this the way of things at this Main dealer
Old 24 November 2002, 07:24 AM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

I take my car to spring park in Shirley
who are cheaper than Cheam & very friendly
Give Martin in Service a call & see if he will service it for you !
Paul
Old 26 November 2002, 01:46 PM
AJT
Scooby Regular

Question

...been away for a couple of days. Just conf that they stamped my book OK - didn't seem to be able to read Dutch though :-)

Ian @ Cheam (if you read this) I still haven't recd my user manual.

Cheers!

Alex
Old 28 November 2002, 07:03 PM
mancamefirst
Scooby Regular

Thanks to all for your advice, much appreciated.

Adam