Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Scooby Mania www & E. Mail hiccup

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2002, 03:17 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Just a quick heads up.

Unbeknown to me, the company who deal with the Scooby Mania (.com address only), web license thingy, appear to have gone out of business and are uncontactable.

They were listed as both the Tech. and Admin. contacts with the Domain licensing people.

Consequently we had no notification of renewal for the .com site and as such it is down at the moment, as is all mail sent to the .com address since Sunday mid morning. Mail & web have been renewed but will apparently take up to 48 hours to "propagate the DNS"?. In the meantime mail will be bounced back due to the above situation.

My apologies for all inconvenienced by this.

The Scooby Mania (.co.uk) address still works for both web and mail.

This is failure is NOT the fault of our current web hosting company Titan Internet who spotted the cause of the failure and prompted a speedy solution. First Class customer service and speed of response, (Thanks Lee).

Obviously any mail sent to the .com address since and including Sunday Mid morning will not get to us.

Mike.

Old 30 October 2002, 06:57 PM
Pleiades
Scooby Regular

Angry

"First Class customer service and speed of response, (Thanks Lee)."

Reading the above its clear that you value the attributes displayed by your web hosting company.
I wish you'd emulate them and resolve the issue I have with regarding the faulty link hand controller.

You've had the faulty item now since the SIDC day held at Donington earlier this year ( July 7th I think ?). I e-mailed and
telephoned you numerous times over the next 10 weeks !!! asking about progress with said item to which I've had no reply .
E-mail and telephone messages aren't guaranteed to be delivered so I visited scoobymania in
person were I spoke to you Mike. You were most apologetic citing problems with staff numbers, volume of emails, blah blah blah.
I accepted this and stressed the importance of just keeping customers (me) informed, you agreed and said you'd find out what was
going on from your suppliers etc. and update me via e-mail (yeh right). Its now been approximately 6 weeks since my visit and you still haven't
contacted me. So much for communication !

I've spent over £1500 with you in the early days of scoobymania, and apart from late delivery of goods there were no issues.
Having spent this amount of money with you I would have thought this counted for something, obviously I was mistaken.

You say you don't do refunds so how about a credit note, I sure someone on here could use it.

You have my e-mail address and telephone number (I've left it enough times) so please feel free to respond (I wish) offline or online.

Regards
Viv
Old 31 October 2002, 02:15 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Hi Viv.

I mailed you a reply. Exactly as I promised it was mailed to your **@vrol.demon.co.uk address on Sun 06/10/2002 10:27. I have not had a failure report so can only assume that it was received OK?

Please also bear in mind that this item was purchased over 2.5 years ago, (18/02/00) according to my records?

I don't see what credit notes or refunds have got to do with this.
It has gone back to the manufacturer for a repair estimate for you. I haven't had that back yet and yes I have chased it several times as well.

If any of this is wrong, please feel free to mail me direct. mike@scoobymania.com (I think to imply that we treat people differently dependant upon how little or how much they've spent with us is slightly un-fair)?

Mike.

Old 31 October 2002, 07:25 PM
Pleiades
Scooby Regular

The email address you responded to is not the address I've left with you numerous times.

"Please also bear in mind that this item was purchased over 2.5 years ago, (18/02/00) according to my records?" Your point being ?

Item is hardly used, in fact it's only used to restrict the car when left at places I'd uncertain of for servicing etc.

If it was out of warranty, you should have just said so all those months ago. I'd have been unhappy about it for sure but at least I'd have known where I stood and I'd be happier about the situation than I am now.

"I don't see what credit notes or refunds have got to do with this." When I visited Scoobymania Sept 13th, you may or may not recall I
was so p##*$d off with the lack of communication that all I was interested in was a refund. You replied that you don't do refunds ! so having not had a reply to either the email address or telephone number I'd repeatedly left I thought I'd ask for a credit note.

"It has gone back to the manufacturer for a repair estimate for you." What !!! , when I handed faulty goods over I was told

a) you'd have a look at it and repair if possible, failing that get it replaced

or

b) Item would be replaced with another currently on loan to a local tuner you use.

Well "a)" or "b)" hasn't happened has it.

At no point did you mention repair estimate either, which I guess means you're saying I have to pay now? Again if you had told me this at the outset I'd gone elsewhere or dealt with it myself. I pretty sure it would have been done and dusted by now with no middle man involved.

"(I think to imply that we treat people differently dependant upon how little or how much they've spent with us is slightly un-fair)?"
My apologies, you're right. I'd like to think all are treated equally and I guess it not the treatment I had from you over this matter as your still trading after 2+ years.

As far as the faulty goods are concerned, I give up, you win. Just return it to me, this year would be nice.
I'll sort it myself or just keep it as a memento.

Regards
Viv

[Edited by Pleiades - 10/31/2002 9:54:22 PM]
Old 01 November 2002, 09:33 AM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Viv.

I'm sorry you feel so agrieved that you have not managed to achieve what you wanted.

You handed the faulty controller over at a trade show. We had no way of checking when it was sold, and thought it unnecessary as you wanted it fixing as I understanded.
You were told option a) or b) at Donington having carefully witheld the purchase date of the item. You must have known that was relevant?

The only mention of warranty, refund, and credit notes were originated (demanded) by you.

I looked at the purchase date and am confused as to why you think that an item purchased that long ago might possibly still be under warranty?

I told you myself that the item had gone back to the manufacturers for repair when you came down.

I do not have another E.mail address for you, mail me direct at mike@scoobymania.com and tell me what you want me to do with your controller?

Mike.
Old 01 November 2002, 10:13 AM
Nevetas
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

If you purchased the item 2.5 years ago, even if you NEVER used it, if it only had a 12/16 month warrenty, your buggered.

If I buy a TV, with a 12 month warrenty. Store it for 2 years then it doesn't work I would not expect a refund?!

I think Mike is being fare, and doesn't deserve a public slagging.

Old 01 November 2002, 10:13 AM
LB
Scooby Regular

Pleiades,

This orginal thread was posted by Mike was simply informing people of an issue that Mike was having which may effect customers trying to contact them. Then you post your message complaining publicly.

The way I see it is like this, the hand controller was purchased on 18/02/00 and you gave it to Mike in July 2002. That is a period of over 2 years! how can you expect Mike to just 'swap' the unit for you, the fact that it has hardly been used is not relevant here. Technically Mike did not have to do anything here, yet he was prepared to get the unit looked at for you.

What I have found with Scooby Mania the MANY times that I have used him is he really does care about customer service. Just like Scoobysport with Pete, he cant be there to deal with every single issue, both companies have grown from what they were a couple of years ago. However if a problem does come up, a simple mail directly to Mike in this case would have got the issue being sorted.

Over the time I have been dealing with Scooby Mania I dont want to even imagine just how much I have spent there (the other half would kill me!), but I have always been treated the same regardless of if I spent £5 or £1500 on a visit.

LB
Old 01 November 2002, 10:49 AM
Pleiades
Scooby Regular

"I'm sorry you feel so agrieved that you have not managed to achieve what you wanted."

Mike,

you're now communicating, very swiftly I might add.
I now know where I stand.

Job done I think.

"I do not have another E.mail address for you mail me direct at mike@scoobymania.com and tell me what you want me to do with your controller?
".

Do you really need this now as I've given this in past and it wasn't used, I cannot foresee
us doing business in the future.

My last post detailed what I want you to do with my hand controller but I'll repeat it for you.

"As far as the faulty goods are concerned, I give up, you win. Just return it to me, this year would be nice.
I'll sort it myself or just keep it as a memento."

If you don't wish to mail it out to me, no problem I can call in and pick it up. Let me know.

Regards
Viv
Old 01 November 2002, 11:05 AM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Viv.

I have checked my mail. (If you've sent mail to the sales@ address, I don't routinely see that mail) I have not had your mail address.

I'll cancel any further repair/evalution, you will of course need to pay the mail costs for return of said item to Aus, (no charge for the return journey, it will come back with my next stock order). I will notify you what that is when it arrives back here.

Mike.
Old 02 November 2002, 06:08 PM
Kippax
Scooby Regular

any luck dealing with my problem mike?

stuart.
Old 08 November 2002, 12:42 PM
Kippax
Scooby Regular

?
Old 08 November 2002, 05:05 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Yep, further to the multiple mails you've sent me to my E mail address, and the replies telling you it's been sorted I can also confirm here for you that it's been sorted...... just as we discussed on the phone originally.

Not actually what this thread was for but there ya go.
Mike.