Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Litchfield+PPP

Search this Thread

Old 02 August 2002, 12:08 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,

Ive been contemplating buying a car (STI 7or evo 7) from an importing agency for a while now such as Litchfield and am wondering whether a subaru uk dealer would fit the ppp for me when it finally does materialise.I know they do their own but i would prefer a uk ppp. Also have any of you guys had any dealings with Litchfield imports? Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks
Scrappy
Old 02 August 2002, 03:25 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

Scrappy,

Have you asked Iain? IIRC, he has had a client with one of his STi7's, who has placed an order successfully with a dealer for the upcomming PPP.

Matt
Old 02 August 2002, 04:52 PM
MikeyB
Scooby Newbie

I bought an STI7 from Ian Litchfield two months ago. Nice guy and the whole process was incident free. I also want to fit the PPP and my local Subaru dealer (Days of Chelmsford) checked with Subaru head office re fitting it to a Euro import. Answer back was no problem. Days are fully aware of the nature of my vehcle so it looks OK - only caveat is that I have not yet formally ordered the PPP as I'm awaiting more details of spec. etc.
Old 02 August 2002, 07:00 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

And in fact, thinking about it, it would be breaking EU law to refuse to sell it based on the fact that your car was not bought in the UK (as long as it was sourced inside the EU/Commonwealth)

Matt
Old 03 August 2002, 02:52 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Mutant, i have e-mailed Iain but as of yet no reply. I forgot it would be breaking EU law if they refused to fit a ppp. :-)

Mickey,if you dont mind me asking how much of a saving did you get on the STI?

Ive been looking now at the STI S202 impreza which has 320bhp. Do any of you guys know how much Iain may be asking for one?

Thanks for all your help people
Scrappy
Old 03 August 2002, 05:21 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Scrappy,

AFAIK they've all been sold already

Stefan
Old 06 August 2002, 08:41 AM
MikeyB
Scooby Newbie

Scrappydo - I paid £23,495 for my NON prodrive STI7 from Ian Litchfield. Comes complete with Cat 1 alarm, trackstar and two year (non subaru) warranty - no hidden extras. Ian then fitted a rallytech rear spoiler to make it look more aggressive (extra cost) and more like the prodrive version. The money I'm saving on buying from Ian will cover the forthcoming PPP. If you want to discuss pro's and con's from buying from Ian (plus a couple of handy hints) give me a call (Mike Butterworth - 0207 282 1090)
Old 06 August 2002, 04:30 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your help mike. Im still looking around at the moment but i am seriously considering getting an import because of the hugh savings available. If i do i will give you a call and maybe we can have a chat about it. Once again thanks.

Scrappy
Old 08 August 2002, 08:58 PM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I had terrible problems. By Euro import (belgium) would not be covered under warrenty unledd the PPP is fitted in belgium!!!!

The uk dealers I have spoken to refused to fit it!!!
Old 09 August 2002, 08:17 AM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

Fizz,

You could always order the PPP from say a Dutch dealer in say Rotterdam (20 mins from the Hook SeaCat). That way you'd probably save money on the cost whilst getting it fitted at an approved dealer.

Make a weekend of it, and go see Amsterdam

Matt
Old 08 October 2002, 03:24 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Smile

Mutant, I actually thought of doin that. Hehe!!!

[Edited by scrappydoo - 8/10/2002 3:25:22 AM]