Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Scooby Mania... Really Helpfull NOT!

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2002, 03:27 PM
AliWrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Please call for availability and sizes.. [click for prices] ..Wheel and tyre combinations can also be accommodated with no problems, Pirelli, Toyo, Bridgestone, Goodyear Etc.

Saw this on Scooby Mania's website and thought maybe they could get me some Toyo tyres (no problem). So i phoned them and the converstaion went a bit like this.

Them: Scoobymania
Me: Hello i am after some Toyo tyres for a WRX impreza, can you give me a price?

Them: Err well i would have to ring round for them.
Me: Is that something you could do for me?

Them: Err well no not really.
Me: Ok well could you suggest anywhere that might be able to help

Them: Err, Just Wheels
Me: Do you have any contact details for them.

Them: Err No
Me: Ok Thanks

I thought this was suppossed to be a professional helpfull business. Apparanlty not!
Stark contrast to the service you receive at TSL thats for sure and i know where i will be taking my buisness in the future.
Scoobymania, Scooby Muppets more like.

Old 22 July 2002, 03:35 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

Ali,
i think that is a little harsh IMHO of you, ive had dealing with Scoobymania before and found them more than helpful on more than one occasion and even for advice which they gave without hesitation
You also may find that they only normally do tyres with the wheel packages and sourcing would take some time, but they would find you the cheapest they could if you would have given them time to do so.

Tony
Old 22 July 2002, 03:37 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Oh dear.

The problem is you see that we don't actually sell or fit road tyres! [1]
If you think that makes us muppetts then that is unfortunate.

Are there any other items that we don't sell that you'd like to have a shot at us for not selling?

[1] As Tony rightly points out, we can do wheel tyre combinations because there are no extra costs inolved in shipping just tyres to us and then taking them elsewhere to be fitted.

Mike.

[Edited by Mike Tuckwood - 7/22/2002 3:40:06 PM]
Old 22 July 2002, 03:38 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Looks like Mike has answered that one then

Not taking sides and not privvie to the conversation but here goes anyway.

Quote from Mike
"The problem is you see that we don't actually sell or fit road tyres! [1] "

Mike - with the greatest respect it doesn't not look like this point was made clear to Ali and this may be where the problem lies.

BTW - delt with SM a few times, only problem i ever had was a late delivery of OB, always got good advice and find Mike helpful and always avaliable to talk to.

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 7/22/2002 3:47:21 PM]
Old 22 July 2002, 03:42 PM
peccy
Scooby Regular

are you sure you dailed the right number? ive been down scoobymania a few times and these guys really know their stuff and have always been real helpful and imformative.
Old 22 July 2002, 03:49 PM
RichS
Scooby Regular

I agree, in principle, that bad service should be highlighted as much as good service is.

However - this post seems a bit OTT in my opinion.

Old 22 July 2002, 03:50 PM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi Mike I'd like to buy some spam please

I have also had a problem with Scoobymania... which they sorted. My only other problem is I spend too much
Old 22 July 2002, 03:56 PM
AliWrx
Scooby Regular

Mike,
Ok so if you don't sell/stock Toyo tyres maybe a better response would have i been 'Im sorry but we don't sell Toyo tyres other than as part of a wheel/tyre package but maybe you could try xxxxx'

Im not trying to give you a lesson in customer service but as a prespective customer you could have been more helpfull.
Ali
Old 22 July 2002, 03:57 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Wink

Ali,
it actually says this

Wheels
Transform the appearance of your car with a set of these stylish wheels !

Please call for availability and sizes.. [click for prices] ..Wheel and tyre combinations can also be accommodated with no problems, Pirelli, Toyo, Bridgestone, Goodyear Etc

Which doesnt say that they do tyres on their own but if you wish to try www.scoobyworld.co.uk they do Toyo's and a good price too!

Tony
Old 22 July 2002, 03:59 PM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

What is it with Scoobymania?
Old 22 July 2002, 04:26 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

damn, what happened to that banner we had ...

Sorry mate but Scoobymania have been nothing but helpful for me and to be controversial didn't think TSL were as special as everyone on here makes out.

Having had a problem with some wheel nuts, Mike has shipped me a set to replace without payment and is awaiting the old set to discuss with the supplier as to whether they are faulty or not before charging.
I also ordered a wheel and tyre package from them, received an excellent price and they were delivered promptly as have the cases of millers.
I have only met Mike breifly once about two years ago so I am not one of the 'in crowd'.

I have to say that whilst TSL were OK, they were just 'OK'.
I visited them on a Saturday for a basic service, I was waiting around for quite some time whilst other regulars were chatted with by staff. The oil got changed yes, but I didn't notice much else getting checked. Maybe they are so quick I missed it...
I came away thinking to myself I don't know why everyone raves about them. No critisism and it was only a basic service so should not have expected much but alot on this board think Paul is God. (I still haven't received anything for correcting the spelling mistake on their banner ad either )

I travel around for my servicing and not found anyone local who is any good. My next visit will be to Scoobymania though.
Old 22 July 2002, 04:42 PM
Jon1T
Scooby Regular

Angry

I don't understand the attitude on this board that it is frownwed upon to post negatively on dealers....and advertisers.

Ali has every right to complain if he's had shoddy service - and judging from Scoobymania's reply they have a lot to learn about customer service.

At the end of the days these guys are here to provide a product and service and take out money for that - and ppl have every right to expect decent courteous service.

I had a full exhaust system fitted at scoobysport on Sat and had a bit of a chat with Pete Croney afterwards - what a top bloke.....so I'll be going back to them to hand over more of my hard-earned, but equally I want to know where people have been let down or unimpressed - isn't part of the point of this board to share experiences?

Rant off!
Old 22 July 2002, 04:51 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

What is it with Scoobymania?
Aaah, the old classics are still funny Had me sniggering well that one, Chuck

Old 22 July 2002, 04:52 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Wink

Jon,
read the bit i put in, ie the bit that was missing off the first post then see if they have been wronged!

Remember, Ali is asking for tyres, not wheels and Scoobymania dont do tyres...

The first part said this...

Please call for availability and sizes.. [click for prices] ..Wheel and tyre combinations can also be accommodated with no problems, Pirelli, Toyo, Bridgestone, Goodyear Etc

What it actually says is this!

Wheels
Transform the appearance of your car with a set of these stylish wheels !

IE, no mention of doing tyres what so ever except in a wheel package (and scoobymania dont have any facilities for fitting tyres).
Its like me asking if you could strip my engine Jon, i think it would be a little bit out of your way but you would recommend someone else to do it (Like Scoobymania did, they said Just Wheels) but they are also not a directory enquiries either! (but still very helpful )

Tony
Old 22 July 2002, 04:55 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Jon,
You are correct. People should be free to express their dis-satisfaction. What I suspect has happened here is something that I believe SS went through as well, maybe a victim of their own success.
When I first talked to SM it was generally Mike who I spoke to and never had any problems, always helpful, loads of advice and time spent on the phone, I did however have a similar converstation to the one being complained about with someone else at SM before getting the wheel nuts, was promised a phone call back that never came. Mike on the other hand has repsonded every time.

When I first got the car there were plenty of things I had heard of on this BBS and wanted to discuss the merits of, I did speak to SS (and others) and was put off by an unhelpful voice at the other end who really didn't want to talk to me, maybe it was a bad day, who knows but I don't plan to make a special 300+ mile round trip to find out it wasn't just a bad day...
Old 22 July 2002, 05:13 PM
kevin stanton
Scooby Regular

i think you should be able to express yourself if you have received bad service,

but,

to have a go at SM for not knowing a phone number of somebody they don't deal with is a bit harsh.

Thats my 2 pence worth.

Kevin

Old 22 July 2002, 05:16 PM
AliWrx
Scooby Regular

Ok so maybe i should have read the web page a little more carefully, perhaps printed it out for reference. My problem isn't that Scoobymania don't sell Toyo tyres just that they assumed that i should know that they don't.

Not once was i told that they only sell them as part of a wheel and tyre package, and for them to assume i knew this is somewhat arrogant if not a little foolish. Bearing in mind people who own Subaru's tend to spend a lot of money on their cars, on things other than tyres i would have expected them to have been a little more helpfull and informative.

I posted this on the BBS to give my opinion of there service, something i am entitled to do.

Tony you have obviously received good service from them in the past but that doesn't change my opinion in the slightest.

Just for the record in case anyone else was to want Toyo Tyres, Tyres Northampton do them for £114.99 fitted and are very helpfull. They were quick to point out however that they don't sell other Subaru accessories.

Ali
Old 22 July 2002, 05:21 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Rich - let off some steam

MB
Old 22 July 2002, 05:35 PM
Jon1T
Scooby Regular

Tony - the ultimate point is that Scoobymania have lost at least one potential customer, when it didn't have to be so.

Anyone who rings you up is a potential customer - regardless of whether they have money to spend, and even if you don't stock the product. They may be back for something else another day.

What I find suprising is the tone of Scoobymania's reply - if a customer feels they have had poor service or advice to post that sort of note is amazing.

Old 22 July 2002, 05:44 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Red face

114 quid fitted
Local garage will do me toyo's at 85 quid each fitted but thats for 215/40/17's

Tony
Old 22 July 2002, 06:52 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Got four 215/40/17's inc vat and fitting for £305 or £76.25 each.
(Toyo)
Old 23 July 2002, 08:43 AM
AliWrx
Scooby Regular

Tony,
If you can get me 225/40 18's for 85 quid i will buy 8 from you. Provided you give good customer service of course.....
Old 23 July 2002, 09:02 AM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Arrow

What I find suprising is the tone of Scoobymania's reply - if a customer feels they have had poor service or advice to post that sort of note is amazing.
Jon1T
Just what do you find amazing? Ali is a 'local' he knows where we are and that Just Wheels, (where we advised him to go) are directly opposite us.

Before you say it, they haven't got a phone number on the outside of the building. We pointed him off in the right direction, we simply didn't have a phone number for him.

Exactly what was bad service from all of that.

Mike.

(Big LOL @ Chuckster, I still have that banner Rich).

Old 23 July 2002, 09:47 AM
RichB
Scooby Regular

send it to me send it to me.
Old 23 July 2002, 10:46 AM
AliWrx
Scooby Regular

Mike,

There you go again assuming i know where you are and assuming i know that Just Wheels are just accross the road from you. It may surprise you to know that Scoobymania is not a national land mark and not everyone in Nottingham knows where you are.

Ali
Old 23 July 2002, 11:13 AM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Ali.

Look it's quite simple..... If my company had done something (something that we actually do) for you and done it badly, or we'd messed you about and then been discourteous, rude or abrupt with you, then I would gladly take it up internally and would deal with it from both sides.

I'm sorry, you are basically complaining that we didn't do your leg work for you in finding you the cheapest tyres.

You know we are in Nottingham, (did you dial an area code to speak to us)?

You were offered the name of a potential supplier, we did not have the phone no. If you were not aware of their location and had asked we would certainly have told you.

We are not too busy to spend time on the phone to people even with stuff that we do not do. The fact that we are not an all seeing all knowing Oracle combined with (free) BT directory enquiries, does not (I hope) make us guilty of providing poor service or being muppetts.

Mike.

Old 23 July 2002, 12:13 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Red face

Ali,
Scoobymania's address is on their webpage for all to see, and even i found where they were so looking up in an A to Z (i have one for my area ) would mean that you would have found out where they were (or using directory enquiries/scoot) and where Just Wheels were

Tony
Old 23 July 2002, 12:58 PM
AliWrx
Scooby Regular

Tony,
read my reply again.
I knew full well that Scoobymaina are in Nottingham, but why would i know Just Wheels were just accross the road.
More to the point how did whoever it is i spoke to know i was from Nottingham? Answer they didn't! They just assumed i was.
At the end of the day IMHO the service i received from them was poor, compared with other companies i have dealt with who maybe didn't stock something i was looking for. I shan't be using them, now or in the future and i am sure both parties will be entirley happy with the situation.
You leaping to there defence every five minetes will not make the tiniest difference to my opinion of them. I wish you and scooby mania a long a and happy relationship together.

Old 23 July 2002, 04:40 PM
ROUGHNECKS
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs down

AliWRX...... you really are one big nkobhead !
Old 23 July 2002, 09:15 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Cool

More to the point how did whoever it is i spoke to know i was from Nottingham? Answer they didn't! They just assumed i was.
AliWRX
I asked Sean (who spoke to you) this very same question. He confirms that, you are partially correct in that he didn't "know" you were from Nottingham.

He also said "what difference does it make where he's from........ he specifically asked for 'somewhere in Nottingham to get tyres from,' I told him to try Just Wheels and he didn't query where they were so I assumed he either knew where they were or was capable of using a phone book or directory enquiries".

As that all seems to tie in I can say that I apologise for one of my employees making the grossly incorrect assumption that you were capable of using a Yellow Pages or speaking to an operator on directory enquiries.

Mike.
<No insulting smilies used>

Quick Reply: Scooby Mania... Really Helpfull NOT!